Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799078 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13395 on: July 16, 2010, 04:29:07 pm »

Found a cookie I lost earlier today. And it's still good to eat. YAY! ^_^

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13396 on: July 16, 2010, 06:17:50 pm »

went walking as soon as I woke up. Took a nice cool bath afterwards. I feel great!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13397 on: July 16, 2010, 06:30:02 pm »

Today I have both managed to fight off my Nicotine cravings and get somewhat stronger since my heart attack early this year.

Yay!

Huzzah!

Also I'm back from my what two day absence who cares I wasn't gone long enough to be missed now I sleep because tiredness causes run-on sentences and that's never a good thing.

Silly boy, I could've sworn you posted yesterday/night/something.

Nah, I checked. Two days or one and a half. Either or.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #13398 on: July 16, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »

Someone finally beat me at R.U.S.E. in a straight up fight that wasn't simply capitalizing on any first-minute overextension on my part. There's hope for this game yet. Last open trial I went 28 games in a row winning, frequently against three players at once after my teammates all got stomped, and didn't bother with the time extension they gave because I was bored.

R.U.S.E. Its like an RTS where you can win by phyrric victory.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13399 on: July 16, 2010, 06:37:43 pm »

After 2 months of fairly intensive effort, I've finally gotten the new version of my mod out.  8)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: July 16, 2010, 06:38:32 pm »

Someone finally beat me at R.U.S.E. in a straight up fight that wasn't simply capitalizing on any first-minute overextension on my part. There's hope for this game yet. Last open trial I went 28 games in a row winning, frequently against three players at once after my teammates all got stomped, and didn't bother with the time extension they gave because I was bored.

The only other RTS I know where winning by a phyrric victory actually cripples you is the Total War Series.

And any 4X games.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #13401 on: July 16, 2010, 08:05:11 pm »

The only other RTS I know where winning by a phyrric victory actually cripples you is the Total War Series.

And any 4X games.

Just had a tasty back-and-forth with a Russian in a 3v3. His British friend in the back corner did nothing but spam heavy bombers, so when my armored company of some seventeen tanks broke through the Russians and started blitzing for his airfields, he watched his entire game's economy get devestated in ten seconds of machine-gun fire as his measly two A13 tanks plinked helplessly against my Tigers.

Soooo much fun to crush people who forgot to build even one AT gun. For the cost of one of those planes, he could have had a dozen little units in the woods to at least blunt my advance. Instead he watched his bombs uselessly buffet my armor.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: July 16, 2010, 10:03:59 pm »

I got a (as of yet) free pack of cigarettes. In a last ditch attempt to not be stuck at home another painfully boring night, I went to the nearby coffee shop, planning to bum cigarettes off a crowd of people I sort of know, only to find some friends there, one of whom had a pack of cigarettes for me (I wasn't home when they came by my apartment looking for me earlier). He then got distracted and forgot I didn't pay him for them. >:D
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: July 16, 2010, 10:06:32 pm »

I had a conversation with a friend I haven't seen in years.  We agreed that all of Oblivion's flaws would be forgiven if:

Instead of ending the game, if Martin died during the battle of the Great Gate, the Daedra took over the world and everything became evil.  Dremora Guards, Adoring Fan is a scamp, bloodgrass farms, the works.

I also kept seeing this question on twocansandstring.  "Are you attracted to Indian men?"  I'm not attracted to Indian men, and the question was annoying me.  I asked it so I could see what people think.  After that, I decided to keep going.  I'm now working on determining just how attractive:

Indian men
Robots
Cthulhu
Dwarves
Inbred Appalachian Hillbillies
Space Marines
Chaos Marines

Are to the ladies.

So far Cthulhu's the hottest, with robots a close second.  Chaos Marines only have two likers, but no dislikers, so they get an honorable mention.
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: July 16, 2010, 10:08:58 pm »

Meh. While that would be amusing, Oblivion took out all the really gamebreaking fun spells. Morrowing was easy and very exploitable, but it was still a good game.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13405 on: July 16, 2010, 11:59:43 pm »

I wish games these days had end-game god-spells like the old Armageddon. Blowing the shit out of Castle Ironfist was so much fun, and even better when you had enough extra experience for two Dark magic masters and could cast it six times per day, taking out just about every titan on the map.

Ahh, that was a good game...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: July 17, 2010, 12:01:59 am »

Spent the entire day at Cedar Point (A huge, award-winning amusement park for those that don't know). I'm still a little dizzy from dealing with the insane Gs, and came back slightly toasted despite wearing SPF 35 all over the place. Nevertheless, I needed that. My voice is hoarse from yelling my lungs out, my glasses nearly blew off my face on a few occasions, and I got an awesome picture of me doing a nonchalant Fonz impression for the camera, while everyone else on the Raptor were screaming.
Spoiler: Ayyyyyyyyyy! (click to show/hide)

While there, I got to spend some time with my brother-in-law who works down there too... he'd gotten a nasty head-wound that went down to the skull yesterday, which required about 5 stitches... and yet he was still riding coasters with us. At one point, the G-Forces literally opened the wound up again during the Millenium Force, and he just stopped it with a hand and shrugged it off. Guy's a tank, if a bit lacking in the Self-Preservation instinct.

But yeah, overall an awesome day! Pity I didn't get back in time to finish up my Cave Story run tonight; instead I've got a date with a TOP SECRET DF MODDING PROJECT, the likes of which has never before been seen! Huzzah!

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13407 on: July 17, 2010, 03:13:03 am »

Solifuge

:D Cedar point is great. It's a welcome break from King's island.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13408 on: July 17, 2010, 03:45:12 am »

Pic of self.
Wow. You look like a chick magnet. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13409 on: July 17, 2010, 03:46:52 am »

Holy shit, is that really you? Because if so, you are one manly son of a gun.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 892 893 [894] 895 896 ... 13325