Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795414 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13320 on: July 15, 2010, 09:16:23 pm »

A comic about Samus Aran being intimidated by Snake's prominent wet-suited ass?  Boy, sure is 2007 in here.

Hehehe. Jokes about "that's so [year that is not this year]" always cheer me up.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: July 15, 2010, 09:19:53 pm »

My older sister is back from Las Vegas. Celebrations are had! Dog looses his mind and goes crazy all over the house. Very exciting, very exciting.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13322 on: July 15, 2010, 09:24:25 pm »

Dog looses his mind
*cough*
I'm suddenly picturing a dog's brain piloting an eject seat out of a hatch in said dog's skull...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13323 on: July 15, 2010, 09:26:26 pm »

Dog looses his mind
*cough*
I'm suddenly picturing a dog's brain piloting an eject seat out of a hatch in said dog's skull...
Heheheheh. An interesting picture.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13324 on: July 15, 2010, 09:28:26 pm »

He quite literally rammed the baby gate down. That thing has to have some damage on it now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13325 on: July 15, 2010, 09:32:07 pm »

Operation: Nuff with the god-damn caffeine is underway. Perhaps the soda was screwing with my schedule
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13326 on: July 15, 2010, 09:48:57 pm »

Now! To enter my six page password into The Lost Age (over the next hour, I bet... stupid long password), copy my leet stats over, and get the second game up and running!

Yeah, it actually did take a full hour. Turns out I put a lowercase X where a capital X was supposed to be. Arghhhhhhh oh well it's working now

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13327 on: July 15, 2010, 09:49:57 pm »

Good and bad news. Can't really tell what it would be.

Well, basically I'll be less a job at my workplace (I still have an alternate I worked on other days there, which may be my new primary). I suppose it would be a good thing that I no longer have to get a tumor dealing with my customers, however, I may be relocated into a more monotonous job which will bore the ever-living hell outta me. Anyway, I'll no longer be working the deli counter serving some obnoxious customers.

I suppose what makes me happier about this is not only more time to work on my designing (until my regular work schedule stabilizes) and finding other work to get the hell outta there; but also, I don't have to deal with my customers as much. Did I forget to mention I don't have to deal with my customers as much?

Thank goodness (although I had to be addressed about my temper by) my manager is a bit more sympathetic as to why my temper went south. Not often you hear your boss admit that "It's essentially our job to get treated like crap. It's what we're paid to do.". Bothersome at times my managers tend to be about certain manners, this actually cracked me up.

Well, for what it's worth, I gave my ultimatum that I'm getting close to getting things stabilized with my designing career and should be out of there soon enough. I just hope he didn't mind my asking about how to make use of my vacation days within the time frame of my last weeks of working (note: I didn't establish when I'll be putting my 2 weeks in). If/when things work out, it wouldn't be in bad taste to use my vacation days within a 2 weeks notice, would it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13328 on: July 15, 2010, 10:02:50 pm »

Yeah that whole thing, I got a letter in the mail today that had a huge ass book in it telling me to join this college, I flapped through it and it was mostly about design and art.  To tell you the truth I would never do that because I have better talents in math and science.  My style is bad and I don't have any formatting whatever talent.  A lot of the pictures showed some older person talking about something and being as engaging as possible because they were holding up a stuff animal or something stupid.  What the hell, if I pay money for some dude to tell me how something works I'd rather do it myself.

In my current situation at a trade school my teacher works how he should.  He tells me what to do and I have to figure out how to do it, that's awesome.  He has conditioned me to never ask him for help because he is very demeaning when I do so.  That has led me to be a very do-it-yourself person and that's great and all.  We have computers with internet access and a whole slew of parts so I look up what a component does or how a theory works and go from there.

This is why if I go to an engineering college and I have to sit for a few hours listening to someone I am going to go mad.  It looks like the only reason you pay money is to get your credit/license thing and nothing more.  Evey thing they tell me I could look up online.  The most engaging thing it looks like is those damn mid-terms Pandarsenic is always doing where maybe hopefully I'll be able to do something cool...unless that means writing a report about how much my writing sucks.  Just give me the damn problem and let me solve it for fast free gold.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13329 on: July 15, 2010, 10:04:30 pm »

Operation: Nuff with the god-damn caffeine is underway. Perhaps the soda was screwing with my schedule

I'm doing that, too. It's going...slowly. A tip: Take an Excedrin Migraine in the morning and you won't crave the bubbly stuff. Of course, you'll have to wean yourself off of the Excedrin (because it contains caffeine,) but at least you'll knock off a good portion of the caffeine and all of the sugar/aspartame/sucralose and the CO2.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13330 on: July 15, 2010, 10:05:53 pm »

I have ctrl+s, enter ingrained into my muscle memory.
Very useful skill.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: July 15, 2010, 10:10:38 pm »

This is why if I go to an engineering college and I have to sit for a few hours listening to someone I am going to go mad.  It looks like the only reason you pay money is to get your credit/license thing and nothing more.  Evey thing they tell me I could look up online.  The most engaging thing it looks like is those damn mid-terms Pandarsenic is always doing where maybe hopefully I'll be able to do something cool...unless that means writing a report about how much my writing sucks.  Just give me the damn problem and let me solve it for fast free gold.

While it might look like all college does is exchange money and time for a certificate that you do in fact know how to look stuff up, and that's basically true, it's not as simple as that.  For one thing, college is supposed to teach you how to actually work when you need to, and especially in engineer schools forces you to memorize a lot more stuff than just where to look up answers.  The other thing is that you'd be surprised just how many people can't write about or research a subject when needed to.  Employers like to see solid proof that you can do that, hence the diploma.

All that being said, colleges are becoming more and more a remnant of a time when any academic-quality information one could ask for wasn't available in five minutes of Internet searching, and going to school actually meant consuming huge piles of books most people would never know to look for or obtain.  Get used to the dichotomy.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13332 on: July 15, 2010, 10:14:50 pm »

I had some pretty awesome design teachers for having gone to a community college (while it still was one; now a state college). Very professional level training and all for what it's worth. Considering what my brother has informed me was well, I know all I essentially need to know, and just expand my abilities when I have the time and can afford to.

Simply put (but don't take my word for face value), all that a degree really shows is the level of commitment, rather than how well educated you are. You'd be surprised at how many successful people are actually either dropouts, or not college grads.

However, Aqizzar does make a good point. College is an excellent source of education nonetheless.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:16:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13333 on: July 15, 2010, 10:19:00 pm »

Naw.  A professor who understands his subject and--more importantly--how to lead students through their voyages of self-discovery is worth his weight in gold.  Sure, you can look up any information you want online, but the internet is a bitch when it comes to getting information in a usable and pedagogically sound format.

There's a major difference between "people who refuse to help you directly" and "people who drop you off in the middle of the forest and say 'later, sucker.'"  The former is what you're paying for.  If you get the latter, then you're kind of screwed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: July 15, 2010, 10:24:39 pm »

Then we can go on adventures.
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 13325