Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786934 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #13050 on: July 11, 2010, 05:38:26 pm »

I wonder if you turned totally pacifist like I did. Which is frustrating sometimes for me since I don't want to play half the games I own because I don't wanna hurt these mindless simulations of people...

Yeah, quite possibly.  I'm just kind of bored by the entire prospect, I suppose.  Though I'm nearly certain I could snap and summon up a flood of rage if required, I don't have any reason to anymore.

HI VECTOR
I'm at Season 4 in LOST so I'm close to where you are.

I think you totally took the philosophy I did, it's just so much more relaxing.  My stress is no where to be seen and work can still be done just like before.  Just total cool.

Yeah, I generally realized that there were a lot of things I could do with my life--and also that it wasn't worth ruining my life over an invalidating jerkass.  I sort of woke up one morning, I suppose, and I realized that nothing was fundamentally wrong with the world.  It has its problems, to be sure, but it's not like there's too much to worry about.

Oh, and the "social problems" thing... turns out the guy I was dating had some serious issues.  He tried to convince me that my parents don't love me and that I had all the social cognition of a 3-year-old, amongst other things.  I've learned my lesson and, though I still imagine things could work (haha eternal optimism hahahahaha), I've moved on.  I'd probably say I'm more "unnecessarily cerebral about social situations" than anything more grievous.

Prepare to be whiteknighted into squishy oblivion yourself.  Anyway, hey Vector's back, awesome.  Given all that stress you talked about and your parents and stuff, it was a little ominous when you just stopped showing up one day.

Welcome back dude. And yeah, sudden disappearances are worrying. Good to hear you are doing alright and are getting enough to eat. Also, East Coast trip. Welcome to my side of the continent when that happens.

Haha... hey there, yourself.  I'm really sorry if I worried you, but everything's going fine =)  My parents are kind of annoying at times, but they seem to respect my need for space.  So, with luck, this is the very last time I'll live with them for an extended period.  Of course, I need to learn how to cook well and take care of a household, but I don't think that should be too troublesome.

I've already been to the East Coast, actually... visited Poland, Russia, Norway...

Keep your east coast. We have uhh...

Heat. Fuck.

Also chiggers, right?  I hate the little bastards.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13051 on: July 11, 2010, 05:45:01 pm »

Having listened to my friends talk about the ridiculous stuff they do in their relationships, like driving wedges and insulting people and such, and consider it perfectly normal and reasonable, it baffles me how those guys get by in the world.  Not much else I can say on that.

Of course, I need to learn how to cook well and take care of a household, but I don't think that should be too troublesome.

Could just be lazy, since there's really nothing to taking care of a household besides laundry, dishes, and mopping when the floor is too sticky to walk on.

Also chiggers, right?  I hate the little bastards.

Words cannot express my rage.  I moved a country lawn once, and had chigger-pants for like three weeks.  For a couple days I was actually delirious from the thousand little toxic welts.

While you guys may be twenty degrees hotter usually, we have the 110% humidity to deal with.

It was 105 degrees and raining last week.  It's a swamp out here, not a desert.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13052 on: July 11, 2010, 05:47:55 pm »

Chiggers sounded so incredibly racist until I remembered what they actually are.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13053 on: July 11, 2010, 05:55:31 pm »

While you guys may be twenty degrees hotter usually, we have the 110% humidity to deal with.
It was 105 degrees and raining last week.  It's a swamp out here, not a desert.

This this this. I may have joked about being the "Desert of Texas" but it's often only a bit over 100F here but the humidity makes it feel like a wet sticky uncomfortable 120F. It sucks.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13054 on: July 11, 2010, 06:02:43 pm »

Duke, Cthulhu, and Toony, the resident East Coasters.  Hows that summer workin' out for you guys?
Hot. Far too hot.(of course I say that about every summer... even when I lived in ohio)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13055 on: July 11, 2010, 06:03:34 pm »

One years ago Toony said things like this,
I've never really been a people person, I'm friendly when pushed, but agh.  I'm severly depressed some days.  I wouldn't hurt anybody, but I have a real problem with feeling useless.  I have to do my best, no matter what.  Failure is not an option.  Seems like most people on Bay12 are perfectionist.  Same here.  I do my best in school and I get nothin'.  I'm top of my sophomore class and teachers praise me and yaddha yaddha, your going to be the best, I wish everybody in my class was you ToonyMan.  Lately though it's been weird.  Getting an A on the test is nothing special, I do this every time.  I work hard to get farther in life.  Now the problem is that some other kids don't see it that way.  They think (I presume) that they don't have to do anything!  This a community is not.  I do my best.  They do nothing.  I get an A, not even a smile anymore.  They get a B!!!!  And they have the nerve to be proud of it.  Oh lets throw a pizza party for this lazy mofo.  He sleeps for most of his classes, but he deserves it!  If I were to ever slip up...I feel crazy.
SOMEONE GET ME A DELOREAN I NEED TO GIVE MYSELF A HAYMAKER

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13056 on: July 11, 2010, 06:07:05 pm »

When I saw that ToonyMan had made the last post, I clicked expecting something so bizarre or tangential to what it was quoting that it would be hilarious.  I was not disappointed.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13057 on: July 11, 2010, 06:17:25 pm »

Speaking of The Venture Bros,

The only thing that would make this scene better is if Brock was covered in blood, he's already naked.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13058 on: July 11, 2010, 06:39:51 pm »

One years ago Toony said things like this,
I've never really been a people person, I'm friendly when pushed, but agh.  I'm severly depressed some days.  I wouldn't hurt anybody, but I have a real problem with feeling useless.  I have to do my best, no matter what.  Failure is not an option.  Seems like most people on Bay12 are perfectionist.  Same here.  I do my best in school and I get nothin'.  I'm top of my sophomore class and teachers praise me and yaddha yaddha, your going to be the best, I wish everybody in my class was you ToonyMan.  Lately though it's been weird.  Getting an A on the test is nothing special, I do this every time.  I work hard to get farther in life.  Now the problem is that some other kids don't see it that way.  They think (I presume) that they don't have to do anything!  This a community is not.  I do my best.  They do nothing.  I get an A, not even a smile anymore.  They get a B!!!!  And they have the nerve to be proud of it.  Oh lets throw a pizza party for this lazy mofo.  He sleeps for most of his classes, but he deserves it!  If I were to ever slip up...I feel crazy.
SOMEONE GET ME A DELOREAN I NEED TO GIVE MYSELF A HAYMAKER
Huh... I thought I was crazy for remembering you being really random and annoying when I first found the forums.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13059 on: July 11, 2010, 07:49:16 pm »

Hey, kickass, Vector's back.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13060 on: July 11, 2010, 07:51:16 pm »

Speaking of The Venture Bros,

The only thing that would make this scene better is if Brock was covered in blood, he's already naked.

pokeymans
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13061 on: July 11, 2010, 08:03:49 pm »

Hey Vector, glad you're sane and safe, and by the sound of things that everything is going well!

I'm having far too much fun playing around with Livestream, and am totally streaming Office Space tonight, in honor of the bullcrap office job I recently left to do school full-time. Woohoo!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13062 on: July 11, 2010, 08:04:07 pm »

Duke, Cthulhu, and Toony, and ZChris13 (how could I forget about him) the resident East Coasters.  Hows that summer workin' out for you guys?
IT'S FUCKING HOT.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13063 on: July 11, 2010, 08:13:27 pm »

Hey!
I live in the East Coast. SInce, I am in the east. And near the coast.
Or my state is. Shut up.

Its hot. 95+

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13064 on: July 11, 2010, 08:18:12 pm »

Beat Iji again. Got all posters and ribbons this time around, and also managed to finish the super-powered General Tor with a Banana Gun. Oh, and I got Nanomaster while I was at it.

Now I'm going on a pacifist run. So far, I've made it up to Sector 7 without killing anyone. It gets tough closer to the end not technically killing anyone yourself. Of course, critical thinking allows me to find alternative ways to still collect experience each level. Sometimes, being a decoy helps.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:20:43 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 13325