Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781273 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12630 on: July 04, 2010, 08:40:28 pm »

You can all take your massive hard drives and go to hell.  >:(

*grumble grumble* bigger hard drives than mine *grumble grumble*
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: July 04, 2010, 08:55:33 pm »

36.2 of 284 GB.
i would have like, twice the free space if I had an external hard drive to dump all the backup copies of stuff onto.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: July 04, 2010, 09:05:18 pm »

379/457, which puts me about on par with Tarran.

36.2 of 284 GB.
i would have like, twice the free space if I had an external hard drive to dump all the backup copies of stuff onto.

Twice the free space? 87% of your hard drive is already free and you want more space? :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: July 04, 2010, 09:14:07 pm »

36.2 of 284 GB.

Twice the free space? 87% of your hard drive is already free and you want more space? :P
I think he means he only has 36.2 GBs of free space. And he wants ~72.4 GBs of free space.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: July 04, 2010, 09:57:26 pm »

36.2 of 284 GB.

I think he means he only has 36.2 GBs of free space. And he wants ~72.4 GBs of free space.
Retro is right. Its pretty much me not wanting to delete anything because i might need it later and it would take forever to download and/or torrent again if i did need it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: July 04, 2010, 10:03:55 pm »

Bandwagon, woo woo.

I think that's artificially high, because I've just recently gotten into buying mainstream (i.e. huge) programs through Steam, but it's still pretty terrible.  If I'm going to get any kind of service out of this, I need to upgrade and backup fast.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: July 04, 2010, 10:10:52 pm »

Total storage space: 828 GB.
Space free: 592 GB.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: July 04, 2010, 10:14:07 pm »

Bandwagon, woo woo.
-snip-
I think that's artificially high, because I've just recently gotten into buying mainstream (i.e. huge) programs through Steam, but it's still pretty terrible.  If I'm going to get any kind of service out of this, I need to upgrade and backup fast.

Aqizzar I pity you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12638 on: July 04, 2010, 11:01:23 pm »

Got some good shots from tonight's light show.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Timing these shots and keeping still for the duration was a challenge. Fortunately there was a setting on my camera made for fireworks. And the big round one is one of those loud bomb-like fireworks, in case you're curious.

The sunset was pretty nice early on as well, as the first pic would show, and I might upload anyway.

Surprisingly, no wind, nor rain tonight. I find that odd.

And in other news, got another mastermind in Covert Action. I'm now a 0037 agent.

EDIT:
Spoiler: More pics (click to show/hide)

For some reason, the whole show seemed shorter than other years.

Feel free to use any of these as a background.

Damn shame my camera ran out of battery power during the beginning. These were all I could get, but they're some of the best of the night anyhow.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:12:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: July 04, 2010, 11:03:27 pm »

Oh dang, that is pretty.

Okay, air pollution and all that, but still.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: July 05, 2010, 01:14:16 am »

Feel free to use any of these as a background.
The first one in More pics as soon as I saw it. Berry nice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: July 05, 2010, 01:45:22 am »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: July 05, 2010, 01:49:40 am »

Bigass story time that makes me pretty damn happy, no matter how it plays out.  So, five years ago I enrolled at Texas Technical University.  I signed up to live in the dorm, and had to take out a loan at a local bank to pay for it.  Because I hadn't totally committed to going there, I insisted at every step of the process that I only wanted to sign up for one semester in the dorm, and take out a loan for that one semester.  At every step of the process, they assured me that I was only signed up for one semester of loan.  At every step of the process, I insisted that I wanted the government-issued student-loan program that wouldn't kick into payments until after I was no longer enrolled at any state school.  At every step of the process, they assured me that the government student-loan would not need payment until I was no longer a student.

I left TTU after one semester to go to college back in my hometown.  About a year later, I start getting letters and phone calls from this guy with a really gravelly voice, both from some place in Missouri.  They were a collection agency, angrily demanding the thousands and thousands of dollars from the two semesters worth of loans I had taken out and the many many late fees they had racked up since I transferred from TTU.  What the fuck...

So I argued with those guys for a while.  I asked many times to explain myself to TTU's department, only to find out that there's like four or five levels of communication between me and the offices, and the collections agency refused to give me any kind of contact information.  Finally, the pressure was too much, and I said fuck it, I'll pay the damn bill.  Like three and a half thousand dollars, mostly borrowed from relatives.  Son of a bitch.

Six months after I finished that off, they start writing and calling again, this time a very sugary woman on the phone.  What do you cocksuckers want now, I asked.  The payment for the other semester, because I had only paid for one.  Well fuck you guys, I was only there for the fall semester, you can tell TTU I'm not paying for the spring semester that I wasn't there for.  Oh but Mr. Aqizzar, you already paid for the spring semester loan, I'm calling about the fall one.

...Motherfuckers.  Yeah, they lied to me about what loan I was taking out and how it would apply, they lied to me about how I was apparently taking out two different loans for one contract that I couldn't argue my way out of even when I did get in contact with TTU,  they couldn't even find proof that I had signed anything (I have proof, but I'm not going to tell them that).  And then they managed to trick me into paying for the semester that I wasn't there for, which I probably could have argued with, and started demanding payment on the earlier loan later.

Needless to say I was pretty pissed about all this, and just told them to shove it and do their worst.  Well, since it obviously wasn't a government loan after all (or something), all they could do was send me some more letters once in a while, and leave the outstanding (about four grand) loan sitting on my credit report like an angry troll, ready to beat my advanced-level financial future senseless if I ever tried to get another loan for anything.  I figured all I could do now was let it sit there, and pay it off sometime after I graduated when I actually started making money.

Well, I just got a letter, from some collections agency in Utica.  Apparently, my old outstanding loan has been transferred to their ownership, under new terms.  Namely, that the total outstanding value is about $1300 (the original amount), with no demand or intention for it to start being paid until July, 2012.

The financial meltdown melted down in my favor.  Holy shit.  Thank you Goldman Sachs.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 01:52:52 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: July 05, 2010, 01:53:24 am »

Goldman Sachs are the most generous corrupt greedy people ever.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: July 05, 2010, 02:02:34 am »

Semi-Victory for the poor man once again!
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 13325