Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15846556 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12510 on: July 02, 2010, 11:28:43 pm »

Personally, I feel fine in 30-60. Below and everything is too frozen to have fun with, like no surfing. Above 60 is too hot for me.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12511 on: July 02, 2010, 11:33:04 pm »

I guess people will like the one they've grown up with more.
That's true on nearly everything. From your house to your games to your favorite food.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12512 on: July 02, 2010, 11:34:00 pm »

I'm still LOLing at the Robot Unicorn attack videogame. It must have taken a lot of LSD to think that game up

Just tried that game and..well, I think I like that sort of high fantasy acid trip kind of stuff. I laugh at it, but it's kind of awesome too. Usually when I think of high fantasy, I think of shitty B movies on Sy-Fy.

Oh yeah, my friend has Heavy Metal. Perhaps that would be to my liking.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12513 on: July 02, 2010, 11:34:12 pm »

Ah, people who have tolerance for different temperatures... you jokes! I live in California, where it's always a perfect 75!

edit: Bah. Weather/temperature.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12515 on: July 02, 2010, 11:38:39 pm »

Fun fact: The number of Fahrenheit degrees between water's freezing and boiling point (at sea level of course) is 180, the same number of degrees in a half a circle.

Stupid fact: 0 in Fahrenheit is the coldest temperature they could get stuff at the time the system was set up. I'm sure is sounded like a good idea at the time...

Also: I'm a math nerd...

Celsius makes a lot more logical sense... but it'd take me forever to re-train my brain to use it...

EDIT: HOLY CRAP TRIPLE NINJA ASSAULT!!!
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12516 on: July 02, 2010, 11:39:50 pm »

Not always. Metric units of measurement are simply better. America needs to stop using it's insane, convoluted systems.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12517 on: July 02, 2010, 11:43:13 pm »

My inner Armok says both systems are arbitrary, why are measurements based on water any less convoluted as any other arbitrary system? These measurements are also in base 10, which probably only exists because most people have 10 fingers and toes.
While talking to AJ:

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12518 on: July 02, 2010, 11:45:24 pm »

Not always.  US Customary units of measurement are simply better.  Europe needs to stop using it's insane, convoluted systems.
Shoes...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12519 on: July 02, 2010, 11:45:37 pm »

I'm still LOLing at the Robot Unicorn attack videogame. It must have taken a lot of LSD to think that game up
Spoiler: I know right? (click to show/hide)

That is pure win...must play :)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12520 on: July 02, 2010, 11:47:18 pm »

My inner Armok says both systems are arbitrary, why are measurements based on water any less convoluted as any other arbitrary system? These measurements are also in base 10, which probably only exists because most people have 10 fingers and toes.

Well... In the grand scheme, everything is arbitrary.

But base-10 is what most people on planet Earth are familiar with, and water is as good a chemical as any to use for temperature reference points, being both plentiful and essential to almost all life on Earth.

;D
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12521 on: July 02, 2010, 11:47:48 pm »

These measurements are also in base 10, which probably only exists because most people have 10 fingers and toes.
Yes, but more because our number system has 10 numbers in it. Math is easiest in multiples of 16 in hexadecimal, multiples of 10 in an ordinary system.

Celsius isn't any less arbitrary, but the majority of the world uses it, so it is better simply by virtue of being widespread.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12522 on: July 02, 2010, 11:49:39 pm »

Fahrenheit is awesome with our 33 degree freezing and weird as fuck number boiling. Screw 0 and 100.
I think its 212 or something for the boiling point.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12523 on: July 02, 2010, 11:52:11 pm »

Could have sworn it was 32* and 212*. The liter/quart thing is pretty similar at least.
While talking to AJ:

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12524 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53:40 pm »

These measurements are also in base 10, which probably only exists because most people have 10 fingers and toes.
Yes, but more because our number system has 10 numbers in it. Math is easiest in multiples of 16 in hexadecimal, multiples of 10 in an ordinary system.

Celsius isn't any less arbitrary, but the majority of the world uses it, so it is better simply by virtue of being widespread.

You did not seriously use that argument, did you?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 833 834 [835] 836 837 ... 13326