Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15839028 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #12315 on: June 30, 2010, 12:36:03 am »

I asked two girls out to dance.

I have never talked to any of them in my life and i'm only 65% sure that the first spoke English.

They both said no, of course.
Good on ya , Mate!
[size=0pt]Jack, did I do it right?[/size]
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: June 30, 2010, 12:40:46 am »

Whoa. This thread was like two pages shorter last I checked.
There was booze at the last party I was at, and I'm fifteen.
I don't remember, is it illegal to drink alcohol under 21? Or just to possess it?
In Canada it's illegal to drink under 19! Woo! Or sometimes under 18. Depends where. I don't recall the possession rules, but I'm pretty sure if a parent or guardian is there to supervise, it's cool to give your kids wine and such.

Personally I never really got the taste of beer until university, but I have no problem with hard stuff. I've been drinking since probably 14-15 (though not heavily until 17-8ish) and I've never had trouble with non-beer stuff except sometimes whiskey and always tequila.
According to my friend, he has a pretty high metabolism, he apparently drank a whole bottle of pumpkin beer when he was 10 and hardly got buzzed, I'm not sure if he was telling the truth at the time he told me this, or if he was just trying to brag.

Well I've never heard of pumpkin beer before, but looking it up it appears to just be a regular beer but with pumpkin (which I guess should've been evident). So if he did drink it and got 'hardly' buzzed, that's not unexpected for 10, since 7% is pretty weak. It'd probably take like 3-5 to get a light buzz going at twice that age.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #12317 on: June 30, 2010, 12:42:03 am »

Whoa. This thread was like two pages shorter last I checked.
There was booze at the last party I was at, and I'm fifteen.
I don't remember, is it illegal to drink alcohol under 21? Or just to possess it?
In Canada it's illegal to drink under 19! Woo! Or sometimes under 18. Depends where. I don't recall the possession rules, but I'm pretty sure if a parent or guardian is there to supervise, it's cool to give your kids wine and such.

Personally I never really got the taste of beer until university, but I have no problem with hard stuff. I've been drinking since probably 14-15 (though not heavily until 17-8ish) and I've never had trouble with non-beer stuff except sometimes whiskey and always tequila.
According to my friend, he has a pretty high metabolism, he apparently drank a whole bottle of pumpkin beer when he was 10 and hardly got buzzed, I'm not sure if he was telling the truth at the time he told me this, or if he was just trying to brag.

Well I've never heard of pumpkin beer before, but looking it up it appears to just be a regular beer but with pumpkin (which I guess should've been evident). So if he did drink it and got 'hardly' buzzed, that's not unexpected for 10, since 7% is pretty weak. It'd probably take like 3-5 to get a light buzz going at twice that age.
Huh, I guess I can tell him that next time I see him then.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: June 30, 2010, 12:43:28 am »

While you're at it, give him a bottle of everclear and offer him 100 dollars if he can down the whole thing without vomiting.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #12319 on: June 30, 2010, 12:45:58 am »

While you're at it, give him a bottle of everclear and offer him 100 dollars if he can down the whole thing without vomiting.
I have neither a bottle of everclear, nor $100.
Good idea though.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: June 30, 2010, 12:53:02 am »

Good lord... I am weird at 1AM. I just collected all the objects from level 16 of portal, including all the still-active turrets (and believe me, it was a royal pain to get the last 3 w/o knocking them over) and the bits and peices in the hidden room. The question now is... What to do with it all?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: June 30, 2010, 12:58:14 am »

Good lord... I am weird at 1AM. I just collected all the objects from level 16 of portal, including all the still-active turrets (and believe me, it was a royal pain to get the last 3 w/o knocking them over) and the bits and peices in the hidden room. The question now is... What to do with it all?

Ahaha, seriously? I do that too. If you line up all the turrets each facing the back of another, you can eventually bump into the one at the back and they all fall down and flip out at once, domino-style. Even more fun on the very last level in the slippery sludge pit.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: June 30, 2010, 12:59:30 am »

Hehe...

After her first defeat, GLaDOS became paranoid.
Spoiler: Really paranoid. (click to show/hide)
And yes, that is a barricade through which 3 turrets are peering with another 7 watching their backs.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:28:11 am by alway »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: June 30, 2010, 01:37:18 am »

Hehe...

And yes, that is a barricade through which 3 turrets are peering with another 7 watching their backs.
And yet, it's still possible to eliminate them all using portals.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: June 30, 2010, 01:38:39 am »

Hehe...

And yet, it's still possible to eliminate them all using portals.
Yes... Unfortunately I managed to take down that whole system in under a minute coming from the side they were aiming at.
Portal gun is pretty much invincible against those things if you do it right; by the time they active you are already back in a safe spot on the other side of the portal, with enough time in between to knock out one or two turrets.
Which gives me an idea to try tommorow night: build a similar setup in a portal-proof area. That may just work...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:41:17 am by alway »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: June 30, 2010, 01:45:37 am »

I'm happy. Yup. It's gonna raaiiiin!

Not too bad I hope. Just enough to enjoy.

Oh god how did we get back here.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: June 30, 2010, 01:47:01 am »

You never resolved it in the first place.

Now wrap your body around those eggs and proceed to kick that meddling stick outta the way.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: June 30, 2010, 01:47:54 am »

C:Windows\System32>tree /f /a

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: June 30, 2010, 01:53:40 am »

I got shitfaced on life.

Everyone was 15 years old. THERE WAS NO BOOZE.

What parties are you attending? I was nearly drowning in Jack Daniels last time.

I hate the stuff, so I didn't touch it, but the Corona was thankfully making a valiant effort to provide an alternative.
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 13326