Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833458 times)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11820 on: June 21, 2010, 08:01:45 am »

I decided to put my itunes thingy on shuffle because I haven't used it in ages. First song that came up was "Carry on my Wayward Son".

It's a sign! You must... go out and... do something epic!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11821 on: June 21, 2010, 08:06:50 am »

Orbiter 2010 came out a little while ago, of course downloaded it and installed several mods that I used to bum around it like the XR-2 Ravenstar..

Decided to see if I could still make it into orbit.

Fuck yeah, stable orbit.

I'll have to go through the tutorials and shit so I can re-figure out how to rendezvous with the ISS.  Man that was so satisfying the one day when I took off from earth, went into orbit then after a grueling amount of orbital maneuvering, docked my ship with the ISS...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11822 on: June 21, 2010, 08:09:40 am »

Wow, Orbiter, haven't played that in ages.

I could only ever fly the vertical HALO thingy. 'Cause it just went straight up and stayed there.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11823 on: June 21, 2010, 09:22:38 am »

I noticed Deathworks has taken a level in badass, or has grown the beard lately, which makes me happy. After being relatively on the sidelines and filling in information where people don't understand, he seems to actively display his personality, call people out of their bullshit, hold on to his ideals, while still keeping his cool, keeping his emotions from interfering with his message, and backing up his statements with actual information. That's kind of awesome. Maybe his word is more appreciated because he sticks to what he knows, and doesn't pull stuff out of his ass.

Anyway, I feel like I needed to mention that.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11824 on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:06 am »

I noticed Deathworks has taken a level in badass, or has grown the beard lately, which makes me happy. After being relatively on the sidelines and filling in information where people don't understand, he seems to actively display his personality, call people out of their bullshit, hold on to his ideals, while still keeping his cool, keeping his emotions from interfering with his message, and backing up his statements with actual information. That's kind of awesome. Maybe his word is more appreciated because he sticks to what he knows, and doesn't pull stuff out of his ass.

Anyway, I feel like I needed to mention that.
To some extent he was always like that, which was sort of why I respect him. Also partially because through this he wants to be as polite and respectful as possible about it all. Got to give that dude props.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11825 on: June 21, 2010, 10:15:07 am »

My arm still feels rather mangled from last night, but thank goodness we still have a massage chair. Have it on the right settings and lie on it at the right angle 10 minutes at a time, and my arm feels far better than how it did when I first woke up. Still hurts like hell at certain angles, but the pain is far less frequent.

In other news, I took a look at today's TV schedule, and am thanking God I don't have work today. I'm going to be on my ass all night. I'm going to be split between watching Aliens and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2 hours of it), and after that, Monster continues playing, and following that is Gundam. I'm not certain which Gundam it is though. And I'm currently watching Ghostbusters from close to the beginning.

I love me a lazy Monday. ;D

EDIT:
And a bit of fridge logic hit me out of nowhere earlier today: There are a handful of absolute classic games and things I remember playing (somehow today's scenery reminded me of them), I also remember them not working on my current OS regardless of frontend I was using to play them. Well, here's where the logic kicks in. Don't I have a virtual machine and an old Windows CD (98 in this case)/OS I already installed? *slaps forehead*

I gotta test this, because there's an absolute classic I always wanted to replay for ages. Has anyone ever screwed around with the classic Spider-Man Comic Book/Cartoon Creator program? I have all sorts of bizarrely awesome/hilarious memories from my siblings and their friends making up their own stories from it. Dialogue was definitely NSFW, but freaking hilarious nonetheless. I'll see if I can find a video on youtube at least to show what I'm talking about. But this program was early 90s, maybe as far back as '95 at the earliest.

Anyway, I wish we still archived the old save files of that program just to see that insanity again.

EDIT EDIT:
Found a good example. Caution: Your mind may break from awesomeness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JaSUav_c7A

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Well, technically, the program works. However, it's not working entirely. I can't seem to access the stuff that makes the program THE program; but I can still at least draw and use the paint effects exclusive to it. In a way, I think I can see why I'm rather familiar with Flash. Flash reminds me very much of the program, except I can make my own characters and such.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:53:16 am by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11826 on: June 21, 2010, 10:27:54 am »

New Futurama is Thursday Itnetlolor.

EDIT:
Might as well add more.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:56:37 am by ToonyMan »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11827 on: June 21, 2010, 10:59:49 am »

Yeah, they should really clean those theaters. That movie seems to kick up all the dust into the air and into your eyes.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11828 on: June 21, 2010, 11:49:07 am »

Tom Waits is fucking awesome.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11829 on: June 21, 2010, 12:54:39 pm »

My car broke down yesterday.

Why does this make me happy? Because it wasn't entirely my fault. I neglected maintaining my vehicle on purpose to test my sister (who keeps on recklessly stealing it from me for her own personal purposes) on her loyalty in using it. Now, I have this bizarre karma with my car that makes me invulnerable to it breaking down on me. Proof of concept, as it turns out, yesterday I drove my car to work with my sister as passenger (and as I was driving it, it was driving like new; I think my car is like Gurren Lagaan, and is powered by my spirit), but then it was her turn to take it to where she usually goes. It breaks down at her destination (as I figured it would; and of course, at a location not where she promised she was heading to when she told me; and it was never her intention to head to where she told me), and considering one of my other sisters had to fetch the car for me so it can get repaired, basically I got all the confirmation and evidence I need to start setting up some serious limits to using my car. For instance, charging her per-use without my consent. Of course, I'll give an ultimatum, and track her usage via invoice.

The damage done was a tire blow out, but considering how much my sister (the one who keeps taking the car) nags me to upkeep it, she's one to talk. The interior of my car is all her mess and the radio doesn't work properly (I also neglected to replace that to be really annoying as well.); the only thing she really does is refuel the car and the regular oil change 1000 miles overdue (I kept track), and there's far more damage done to the car than just that (the tires have been so overdue on a rotation, the mechanic working on it cut their hand on the recoil from the wires). Like I said, I've been holding back just to see how much she really "owns" my car. I mean, it's under my name, my insurance, and everything; but she claims to take care of it the most. Who's the one who keeps track of the odometer, the fluids, and the condition of the tires and advises in the first place before they start complaining and it breaks down for the n-th time? If you're so responsible, then prove it. No money out of my wallet.

If it's MY car, it's MINE; but if you so insistently take it, keep and hide my keys and make ME need to ask for permission to use MY car to get to WORK (seeing as she's unemployed too), then it's YOURS. YOU keep it working.

The breakdown now puts all the cards in my hand and now I have complete dominion over my vehicle again (exactly as planned). She wants to go out, she'll have to negotiate her way out like I, and everyone else, had to; regarding the use of my vehicle. And have fun; my mom is not comfortable in lending her car to anyone, my younger sister just got herself a new car (thanks to my brother) so she won't be letting that go; and my car is crap, and I like it that way (discourages it getting robbed), and also I now have my claim of ownership at full again; and I will charge a minimum of $2.50 per willing use, and $5 bucks minimum for a lack of consent (all this excludes maintainence fees: gas, oil, mechanical parts maintainence). And considering I'm charging her to use my car, and she won't be able to afford it, she'll need to bum a ride off someone like I always had to for the past half-year. Payback's a bitch huh?

I'm happy because unofficially (like before when it's ownership shifted) my car is mine again, and I have the entire family backing me up on it. And furthermore, they actually support my charging method, seeing as my sister lacks a job. That ought to motivate her to find some work to get off her lazy ass. And before anyone accuses me of being non-confrontational and a coward myself; I knew all this would fall apart like this. Seeing as much as she denies it, the only way she actually learns is through the hard way. I let consequences naturally handle things, and reject responsibility for random crap happening, or someone else screwing something up; or so to put it "I did my part; if anything else goes wrong, it's your own damn fault".
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:06:40 pm by Itnetlolor »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11830 on: June 21, 2010, 01:05:22 pm »

That's amazingly childish.  I'd advise you to move out so your sister can't steal your keys, but maybe you deserve each other.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11831 on: June 21, 2010, 01:07:34 pm »

That's amazingly childish.  I'd advise you to move out so your sister can't steal your keys, but maybe you deserve each other.
Meh, it worked, didn't it? Now she has no choice to but do something about her situation.

And again, she takes my keys anyway and heads off, that's already 5 bucks in my wallet (Including me not paying for the gas to be replaced). If I'm losing out, I might as well be earning something off it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:11:51 pm by Itnetlolor »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11832 on: June 21, 2010, 01:14:33 pm »

You don't have any siblings do you? There is no logic, there is not reason, just supreme annoyance that will not stop til you move out.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11833 on: June 21, 2010, 01:15:42 pm »

I had to quote Aqizzars dad somewhat today. No school today friends, the medics are too busy.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11834 on: June 21, 2010, 01:15:49 pm »

You don't have any siblings do you? There is no logic, there is not reason, just supreme annoyance that will not stop til you move out.
Moving out just puts distance between. It still keeps going. It's just a little more delayed. Considering the density of my family, there seems to be very little point in doing so.
Pages: 1 ... 787 788 [789] 790 791 ... 13326