Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15835042 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11805 on: June 21, 2010, 03:43:15 am »

I found a Led Zepplin CD in the car and finally got around to putting actual music on my iPod.

Feels good man.

Or at least, it does now. I was having a screaming fit at my computer when it kept telling me that it had to delete all my other songs because I had the audacity to install iTunes on a different computer.

Or when it wouldn't let me move my library from my iPod to my computer. Fuck you Apple. Thank God for third party stuff.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11806 on: June 21, 2010, 04:48:16 am »

I found a Led Zepplin CD in the car and finally got around to putting actual music on my iPod.

Feels good man.

Or at least, it does now. I was having a screaming fit at my computer when it kept telling me that it had to delete all my other songs because I had the audacity to install iTunes on a different computer.

Or when it wouldn't let me move my library from my iPod to my computer. Fuck you Apple. Thank God for third party stuff.

If they fixed that one thing, it would complete me.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11807 on: June 21, 2010, 06:35:30 am »

Yeah, I use Winamp to restore my library after a format.

Speaking of which, I also recently pruned my playlist. I don't understand how people have so many songs. I have to listen to a song a few times before I really enjoy it, so having three thousand songs would simply ensure that I hated my iPod 24/7.

Vaguely related is the day when I thought I was having really awesome Shuffle luck, but it was just my iPod being set on 'Top 25 Most Played' by my alarm.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11808 on: June 21, 2010, 06:49:37 am »

Speaking of which, I also recently pruned my playlist. I don't understand how people have so many songs. I have to listen to a song a few times before I really enjoy it, so having three thousand songs would simply ensure that I hated my iPod 24/7.

Vaguely related is the day when I thought I was having really awesome Shuffle luck, but it was just my iPod being set on 'Top 25 Most Played' by my alarm.

Ditto, I only have around 700 songs and I could easily stop there. What I mostly do is just have my favourite bands on my iPod and then buy all their albums. My favourite bands are bands which I never get sick of, or like all their songs. The best part is I listen to heaps of progressive rock, so out of about 700 songs I have 2.5 days worth of music. I have a couple of 20 minute songs on my iPod :D

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11809 on: June 21, 2010, 07:05:40 am »

You what?

When I said put real music on my iPod, I meant it. I now have twenty songs, half of which is now Led Zepplin.

What's this 700 crap. How can people do that? I need to get into music more heavily, there's clearly something I'm missing out on.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11810 on: June 21, 2010, 07:08:57 am »

You what?

When I said put real music on my iPod, I meant it. I now have twenty songs, half of which is now Led Zepplin.

What's this 700 crap. How can people do that? I need to get into music more heavily, there's clearly something I'm missing out on.

I only really have 8 or 9 bands on my iPod. As I said, I just buy all their albums. I have every Talking Heads album because they are THE GREATEST BAND EVER EVER.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11811 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:44 am »

My ipod has 9200+ songs on it, and I have tons of old CDs lying around I've never got around to burning :\

Jack, why on earth did you get an ipod if you only had 10ish songs to put on it in the first place?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11812 on: June 21, 2010, 07:12:02 am »

My ipod has 9200+ songs on it, and I have tons of old CDs lying around I've never got around to burning :\

Jack, why on earth did you get an ipod if you only had 10ish songs to put on it in the first place?

See, now I find that a bit ridiculous. No offense or anything, I'm just saying, do you actually listen to the majority of those songs?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11813 on: June 21, 2010, 07:12:40 am »

I have around a hundred or so, but that's mostly because i have an ancient 1 gig mp3(which is fairly resilient to physical damage) and most of the songs are random since i tend to get bored with a band if i listen to it all the time, so i cycle in and out songs depending on the mood, also Minecraft made me happy by genning an awesome world with some floating rocks, lots of cool caves and a hill i now call mine with trees, flowers, house and a mine :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11814 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:44 am »

Listening to Road to Nowhere. This makes me extremely happy.

Edit: My avatar makes me crack up every time I watch it while listening to a song.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:17:35 am by OmnipotentGrue »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11815 on: June 21, 2010, 07:23:50 am »

Because all the cool kids are doing it...

Also, I'm looking to expand, I'm just God awfully lazy. I mean, I do actually have maybe 200+ songs lying around that I've collected over the years, I just... don't do anything with them.

In part it's because using iTunes is fine up until the point where it shoves a pencil up your nose for daring to try and put music on your iPod piecemeal or something equally mundane.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11816 on: June 21, 2010, 07:44:05 am »

I was buying pencils earlier, and my change came out to P666.

Actually, I'm not sure why this makes me happy. But, Iron Maiden. Woooo
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11817 on: June 21, 2010, 07:50:15 am »

Also, I'm looking to expand, I'm just God awfully lazy. I mean, I do actually have maybe 200+ songs lying around that I've collected over the years, I just... don't do anything with them.

In part it's because using iTunes is fine up until the point where it shoves a pencil up your nose for daring to try and put music on your iPod piecemeal or something equally mundane.

Eh, I think iTunes and I have come to an understanding. It lets me do what I want and I don't vengefully uninstall it. But yeah, expanding your library does take a while, especially if you don't really have anything to start from. I was in the habit of investigating new music I heard to keep the expansion going, but I lost a lot when I got a new computer a few months ago, and I lost even more than that a year prior when my C: drive got wiped to clean a virus. I've kind of lost the music accumulation impetus since then and haven't really cared too much to get it back.

See, now I find that a bit ridiculous. No offense or anything, I'm just saying, do you actually listen to the majority of those songs?

Yup. I could play Name That Tune with my whole ipod and only get a handful of songs wrong, mostly new stuff or some weird experimental stuff I'm not ever going to be intimately familiar with. I manage my iTunes obsessively and don't have a single duplicate song, and as mentioned above I used to have a lot more music. I have some friends with much more music than me as well, and my dad has nearly 20k songs himself (he's a bigger music buff than I am).

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11818 on: June 21, 2010, 07:56:26 am »

I've got a good 150 albums on my MP3 player and probably another 50 on the PC which won't fit, and probably 20 which are on vinyl and I can't put on the PC yet.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11819 on: June 21, 2010, 07:59:52 am »

I decided to put my itunes thingy on shuffle because I haven't used it in ages. First song that came up was "Carry on my Wayward Son".
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 786 787 [788] 789 790 ... 13326