Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779385 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11415 on: June 15, 2010, 10:02:43 am »

Mudkip is truley the greatest water-type.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yay Squirtle!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11416 on: June 15, 2010, 10:31:18 am »

Mudkip is truley the greatest water-type.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gay Squirtle!

Squirtle is bad and you should feel bad.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11417 on: June 15, 2010, 10:38:16 am »

I was always a fan of my high-level Magikarps. Burning up my Splash, and beating down opponents with Struggle, and a healthy dose of irony... or causing an enemy Ditto to copy him, made me so happy. I was rather sad when he accidentally became a Guarados.

On a note related to PokeMemes:
I took my Mathematics placement test at University not long back. and spent 20 minutes wracking my brain, trying to remember how to do Trigonometry, but suddenly remembered SOH-CAH-TOA, and scribbled it on my scratch paper, along with "Fuck Yeah, Secant!"

I LOLed very quietly, inside.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: June 15, 2010, 11:05:41 am »

I sunk three Submarines in a row... (Navyfield)

1st depth charge run took out a level 74+ high level sub (I'm in my level 20 crew working up to my own SS, sailing a Spähkreuzer)

2nd depth charge run... took out TWO SUBS at the same time. TWO.

Fuck yeah.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: June 15, 2010, 11:24:34 am »

Squirtle is bad and you should feel bad.

D:<

Squirtle was/is the best starter. In all games. Forever.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11420 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:51 am »

Nah, the greatest starter always has been and always will be charmander.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11421 on: June 15, 2010, 11:36:49 am »

Wasn't the first or second gym a water-based one? And despite the ability to become a dragon that dude would not be useful for terribly far considering the strengths and weaknesses of the various pokemon.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: June 15, 2010, 11:50:28 am »

Wasn't the first or second gym a water-based one? And despite the ability to become a dragon that dude would not be useful for terribly far considering the strengths and weaknesses of the various pokemon.
...so? Fire-types are awesome! Impractical maybe, but at level 80 or so it doesn't matter! I mean really, the pokemon games are way too easy if you only ever use one pokemon.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11424 on: June 15, 2010, 11:52:16 am »

The Squirtle appeal for was mostly because everyone liked Charmander. I didn't see the hype, really. It was just too popular for my liking. Squirtle of course is awesome in his own right, and for bonus points, he isn't Bulbasaur.

nobody likes Bulbasaur

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: June 15, 2010, 11:53:21 am »

There's counter-cultures for everything dude.

Last day of school tomorrow, I might even play Dwarf Fortress.  :O

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11426 on: June 15, 2010, 12:10:06 pm »

Turns out I have no work today. YAY!

Also, I'm watching Nintendo's display on E3 right now (G4). I gotta say, these guys are winning so far. Rest of my review will be in the proper thread.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:21:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: June 15, 2010, 01:11:38 pm »

I had a crazy-ass dream last night.

The beginning is pretty irrelevant, and I don't remember too terribly much of it, so I'll start where things got interesting.

Some of my friends from middle school are sitting near me at this restaurant.  I'm attempting to prove to someone I know that I killed a demon (It was a dream, and I totally killed the demon.  I even wrote down its serial number.  It was 17716661.  It was a bear demon)  One of them is having a heart-to-heart with this girl, and I think he's getting friendzoned.  There's lots of tearful words, and my allergies are acting up.  I'm sniffling a bit, and finally one of them stands up and asks me why I'm sniffling.  He's like "Did you actually read any sociology books?" 

I'm like "Yeah?"  He starts going on about how I'm messing up their little moment with my sniffling, and he apparently thinks I'm doing it on purpose.  Instead of pointing out that any disruption I caused by sniffling pales in comparison to the hissy fit he just threw, which the whole restaurant can hear.  He starts tearing up and telling me that if I don't stop he won't be my friend anymore.  Instead of saying "Go to hell, we don't even talk any more, I'll sniffle if I want, bitch." I give in and go blow my nose.  While I'm in the bathroom a girl tells me my hair is really plain.  When I ask her what she thinks I should do with it (I really am trying to think of something, right now I've got the oh-so-chic On the Computer All Day look) she just walks away.  While I'm in the bathroom it starts floating away.  Apparently the restaurant is on a boat and the bathroom is a separate boat.

I jump onto the main restaboat only to find that I'm being hunted by Charlie Sheen (Played by a long-haired Keanu Reeves).  I run away, and things get really crazy.

The dream switches to a construction site, and there are dump trucks driving around on a cleared plot of dirt.  Suddenly, the ground caves in, this huge sinkhole appears, and these drilling machines start coming out of the ground.  Construction workers are running around trying to avoid falling in when these guys in white HAZMAT looking suits come out of the ground with giant syringes (And I mean giant, like four feet long).  One construction worker yells "It's a Random!" before one of the Randoms stabs him in the back with a syringe.  It plunges the syringe, injecting him with this green fluid, and he makes this choking shriek.  It yanks the syringe out and the guy turns into this greenish muddy goo.  It's really gross too, the guy just melts instantly.  It starts scooping him up into a plastic bag, and the military arrives.  They chase off the Randoms.

I'm walking through the construction site with cops and soldiers running around, and there are several military officer types standing around an expressionless white mask.  They've got some plugs in it, and an older male voice is talking.  He's discussing how the "Randoms" have restored his eyesight and are on the way to transcending humanity.  I have one of those moments of Dream Insight where I become aware that the Randoms are a militant transhumanist group that lives underground, gathering genetic material from the surface and attempting to use it to, as the mask said, transcend humanity.

I also become aware that the mask is a civilian professor or scientist or something like that, who joined the Randoms as a spy.  He was blind, they restored his eyesight, and it's apparent from the way he talks that he's becoming sympathetic to their cause, and will probably join them soon.  There's a sense in the air that the Randoms are going to ultimately win the war.

It was a pretty intense dream, and it makes me happy.
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: June 15, 2010, 01:24:00 pm »

Got my wisdom teeth removed today. They used nitrous oxide before the anesthetic, which was an experience I haven't had before. As I got progressively lightheaded, I got more and more blind, and the colors under the lighted fleshy backdrop of my eyes became more dazzling and intense. My heart started pounding faster and faster, but it could have just been my perception of time moving both faster and slower seeming at the same time. They told me they would say when they would inject the IV, and I said I felt like I was going to pass out, like the nitrous was too much, though it was really hard to say it. I heard the doc tell them to switch to full oxygen, and then for me to breathe as deep as I could. When they said it wasn't working as well as it should, I heard the doc say to raise the chair, and it started lowering. He then chided the assistant saying "No raise it, don't lower it, quick!" and I felt like I had enough sense to raise my head up high and breathe really deep, which seemed to put me back into a stronger sense of ease, and less into panic.

Apparently the operation itself must have went well, but the nitrous was sort of scary, but also really, really awesome-feeling, even though I sort of felt like I was going to die if I passed out.

The vicodin seems to help ease the biting pain (no pun intended), though I don't really feel it is any more necessary than excedrin or something, and it doesn't give off any real feeling of giddiness or contentment, somewhat of a disappointment.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: June 15, 2010, 01:26:43 pm »

That reminds me of how my teeth are perfectly aligned and I'll never need major dental work.
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 13325