Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766967 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11175 on: June 12, 2010, 01:35:40 pm »

Where did you get that? That is the best thing in the whole world ever.

/tg/, I'm not sure where from there though, it's a mystery.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: June 12, 2010, 01:44:22 pm »

Got six hours sleep after being awake for two days.  Went back to the soup-kitchen for longer than I intended.  Scarfing down a burger and taking a quick shower before driving across town to watch my uncle marry a woman he met a month ago, his fifth bride, and then I've got to do a bunch of shit like that again tomorrow, before embarking on another 48 misery quest on Monday.

Why happy?  Because I'm goddamn responsible and productive, that's why.  It's not a pleasant feeling, but at least I'm finally turning into fucking adult.  Maybe.  God I'm jonesing for Mechwarrior 4 right now.

EDIT: I haven't had a true, 'action movie moment' in a video game for a while now. I just had one in Fallout 3. So, I'm fighting a massive pack of Feral Ghoul Roamers who keep ambushing me. I'm on low health and trying to fight my way back out to heal, but I peek round a corner and see no less than four roamers and a glowing one. Worse, they spotted me. They bum rush me out of the room and I'm left with my back to the railing and the knowledge that the next strike is going to kill me. I try and take out my Firelance, but grab my Fat Boy instead. No time to get another weapon out, so, thinking quickly, I jump off the balcony and fire the Fat Boy into the pack of ghouls, not three feet in front of me. It works, they're sent flying in a glorious rain of limbs and I hit the ground hard, but not hard enough to kill me.

Metal.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: June 12, 2010, 01:51:47 pm »

I love those moments, man.

Like the time in Battlefront when I, as a clone jump trooper, jumped off the Techno Union Shuttle as it was blowing up, and landed in a gunship just as it flew by.
Shoes...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: June 12, 2010, 02:04:15 pm »

Actually, there's only one person doing that right now and he's not getting that many volunteers.

Goodness knows why.
Maybe you should put up poster advertisements.

EDIT: I haven't had a true, 'action movie moment' in a video game for a while now. I just had one in Fallout 3. So, I'm fighting a massive pack of Feral Ghoul Roamers who keep ambushing me. I'm on low health and trying to fight my way back out to heal, but I peek round a corner and see no less than four roamers and a glowing one. Worse, they spotted me. They bum rush me out of the room and I'm left with my back to the railing and the knowledge that the next strike is going to kill me. I try and take out my Firelance, but grab my Fat Boy instead. No time to get another weapon out, so, thinking quickly, I jump off the balcony and fire the Fat Boy into the pack of ghouls, not three feet in front of me. It works, they're sent flying in a glorious rain of limbs and I hit the ground hard, but not hard enough to kill me.

Fuck yes that was awesome.

That reminds me of the last time I played The Passing with some friends. We were on the Chainsaw Massacre mutation, and there was two tanks charging towards us while the bridge was still being lowered. The bridge became traversible at the exact moment the tanks both got into melee range, and we were very frantically running like mad to the other side. Miraculously, we made it to the car without getting hit (and then both of the burning tanks were nice enough to stand on one side of the road while we drove past).

It was a you-had-to-be-there moment, but it felt like an action movie with the last minute timing thing.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: June 12, 2010, 02:11:00 pm »

I'm happy because I got a ton of sleep and put on a shirt straight from the dryer. *Glee*

I gotta go cut the grass outside now though... Oh well.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: June 12, 2010, 02:14:25 pm »

Hello grass cutting buddy. Although this means an extensive operation of finding all the hoses, power cables and metal y-splits for the hoses that my dad dumped out there for his latest garden engineering project.

And christ, I think we even left some saw blades out there. Crap.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: June 12, 2010, 02:28:36 pm »

I'm sorry, but I just cannot eat eggs and enjoy it, heh.  It just doesn't taste that good, I had this breakfast thing and it had a bagel, home fries, bacon, and some cooked egg.  I just couldn't eat the eggs, I was gagging after 3 bites.  I made sure to eat everything else though.

And yes it was a 2pm breakfast.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: June 12, 2010, 02:32:05 pm »

Is everyone suddenly cutting the grass around here? That's three in 15 minutes!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: June 12, 2010, 02:33:05 pm »

and it had a bagel
Oh I havn't had a bagel in such a long time.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11184 on: June 12, 2010, 02:37:31 pm »

Top Gear marathon today, as well as some french toast I made this morning. Good start, I say. Ocean was also clear and cool and nice. Made up for the week of working my ass off.

Plus, I think I have a good idea of a start for New WaveHandle. I'll at least try to upload an initial site to DFMA and progressively update it whenever I feel like it. Might make it slightly entertaining.

EDIT:
Here it is, from the beginning: link: Return to Wavehandle
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:03:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11185 on: June 12, 2010, 02:44:28 pm »

I'll be mowinng grass tomorrow. I'll get up early (being a weekend), around, say, 7.00? It get's hot pretty quick around here these days.
But for now, I wish everyone a good night or successful day.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: June 12, 2010, 03:42:35 pm »

Hi!

The qualifying in Formula 1 made me really happy:

Webber before Vettel: This is really too bad for all those idiotic journalists praising Vettel into heaven.
Hamilton before Webber and Vettel: Just adding a little bit to the entire situation for Vettel - after all, his screw-up ruined the last race for Webber as well, thus making this situation even more frustrating.
Schumacher not in the top 10: He cheats, he accuses others for crashes he causes, and in general he is a jerk, but the journalists simply love him. At least it becomes more and more obvious that his comeback was a bad move for him as it finally begins to sink in that his victory is not a law of nature.

Yes, I am strongly opinionated about the Formula 1. :) :) :) :)

Deathworks

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: June 12, 2010, 03:49:27 pm »

The qualifying in Formula 1 made me really happy

Lol for a second I thought you meant you qualified for Formula 1
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #11188 on: June 12, 2010, 04:08:02 pm »

Spoiler: BeeQuest (click to show/hide)
This is awesome.

Quote from: Jackrabbit link=topic=42204.msg1321809#msg1321809   date=1276312895
[quote   author=Lumbajak link=topic=42204.msg1321770#msg1321770 date=1276311693]
Saying   'you feel old' when you're only 16-24 is kind of stupid.

I   feel old relative to Jack.  It just tugs at something deep in me to   know that there's people I can hold a genuine conversation with who   weren't conscious during Bill Clinton's reelection campaign, or don't   remember the Y2K bug in all its glory, or who didn't beat the crap out   of their friends on a regular basis watching the original   American-adaptation of The Power Rangers.

If   it weren't for this forum, which was like the gateway to the internet   for me, I'd still be calling people fags and giggling away on MSN. So   really, it's partly your fault.
[/quote]I think the same might be true of me, or atleast similarly. I don't know where I'd be if not for the stuff I indirectly were linked to or prompted to search somehow from here, but I bet I'd be a lot less moral, a lot less happy, and have a lot less bright future.
Ironically, despite enormus mental growth, partial prompted directly by interactions here, my posts seem no more mature or choherent than when I first arrived.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: June 12, 2010, 04:11:57 pm »

You got that right.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 13325