Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771680 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11130 on: June 11, 2010, 10:39:28 pm »

Jeez. I've been using various internet forums (fora?) for like almost 9 years, and this is really the first time I've sat back and thought about it. I don't think my language has improved aside from my vocabulary a bit, though. I've been a grammar guy from the beginning.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: June 11, 2010, 10:40:24 pm »

After around two to three years of forums, my typing speed has improved greatly.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: June 11, 2010, 10:41:14 pm »

Jeez. I've been using various internet forums (fora?) for like almost 9 years, and this is really the first time I've sat back and thought about it. I don't think my language has improved aside from my vocabulary a bit, though. I've been a grammar guy from the beginning.

I have not. It pains me to go back and look through my previous posts. One day I'm going to go back and change each of my first 600 posts one word each and tell a story through it.

My typing speed inspires awe in the less gifted.

Aw yeah.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: June 11, 2010, 10:43:30 pm »

Another sig to the Jackrabbit army, muahahaha.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: June 11, 2010, 10:44:37 pm »

I tested my typing speed once.

95 wpm using only my index fingers.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: June 11, 2010, 10:44:55 pm »

A tiny fraction of this forum that can easily be hidden away will be mine!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: June 11, 2010, 10:46:25 pm »

I think I've learned to just be less of an asshole in general from being on forums. Still learning. I try to mean what I say when I hit post, and try to know what I'm talking about before I say something, after years of having people way smarter than I am pick everything I said apart. I think you either learn to moderate yourself, or go out in a big titanic explosion eventually.

But yeah, a decade. I've probably written a 60,000 page novel with all my posts combined from everywhere.

My typing speed inspires awe in the less gifted.

I have the Internet and MMOs to thank for my job as a transcriptionist right now. At ~150 words per minute when I'm in the zone...I'm like two whiny, bored college students combined! /flex
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: June 11, 2010, 10:46:37 pm »

Noooooo!! It must be archived!!!!

Also, when I look at my original posts I fell like I'm watching a home video of me when I was six. So innocent...

Now I'm just Bat-shit crazy.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: June 11, 2010, 10:50:26 pm »

I think I've learned to just be less of an asshole in general from being on forums. Still learning. I try to mean what I say when I hit post, and try to know what I'm talking about before I say something, after years of having people way smarter than I am pick everything I said apart. I think you either learn to moderate yourself, or go out in a big titanic explosion eventually.

I have to ask: who else looks at a big long thing they've typed in response to someone's post and thought "I don't need to get involved" or "that's actually kind of offensive" or "maybe he's right" and deleted the post? I do that all the time and I'm starting to feel like I'm doing it wrong.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: June 11, 2010, 10:50:49 pm »

Now that I think of it, I also knew a 13 year old with the literary skill of a Professor in Yale, and he acted just as well.

But he was also asian and we come to expect that from them.
I knew a kid named Yale and he was a douche.

Errr... actual content.  Right.  Umm...

I was just an idiot my first couple hundred posts.  Thankfully I got my ass whupped by a moderator on another forum before I migrated here, so I straitened myself out.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:53:52 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: June 11, 2010, 10:51:39 pm »

My best score ever transcribing was 136 words per minute, no mistakes.  A more average  score is 95-105
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: June 11, 2010, 10:52:14 pm »

Also, when I look at my original posts I fell like I'm watching a home video of me when I was six. So innocent...

Now I'm just Bat-shit crazy.

I appear to have done an invert of this, heh.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: June 11, 2010, 10:52:20 pm »

I have to ask: who else looks at a big long thing they've typed in response to someone's post and thought "I don't need to get involved" or "that's actually kind of offensive" or "maybe he's right" and deleted the post? I do that all the time and I'm starting to feel like I'm doing it wrong.

Not only do I do that pretty frequently, I was considering asking the same question. I think it's a good thing to take the time to reconsider what you're saying. Kept myself out of a few flame wars that way.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: June 11, 2010, 10:52:31 pm »

I just tested mine.

I got 26.

I feel so sad.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: June 11, 2010, 10:54:51 pm »

I'm wondering if the typing speed test is the same for everyone.

To be more accurate I got exactly 475 characters (including spaces) in one minute.

And again with only my index fingers.

Edit: Also looking back at my earliest online posts ever, I was... well, for lack of better words, fucking retarded.

Luckily most places I used to be are now entirely gone and I used different names everywhere back then.
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 13325