Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15772013 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11115 on: June 11, 2010, 10:09:30 pm »

Have you ever watched early early cartoons, Aqizzar? Stuff like Thundarr, the Barbarian?

OOKLA THE MOK

Yeah, I've seen Thundarr the Barbarian.  Oddly, I've only seen a handful of episodes from the original Transformers and G.I. Joe and so forth, except for the stuff that got replayed on Cartoon Network all the time a decade ago.  I'll be honest though, except for old-ass Looney Toons, I'm not that familiar with cartoons before the early 1990s.  Surprise surprise, I remember contemporary stuff from my own childhood.

...lot's of stupid anthropomorphic kritters ran around blowing things up, saving the day, trying to take over the world, or just generally being morons.

Has anyone else ever wondered why from 1989-1996ish, so many shows did that?  What was it about humanimals that made them so popular with animators for that little period of time, after kinda disappearing since the 1960s?  I kinda know why they stopped, but the damage was done I suppose.

Saying 'you feel old' when you're only 16-24 is kind of stupid.

I feel old relative to Jack.  It just tugs at something deep in me to know that there's people I can hold a genuine conversation with who weren't conscious during Bill Clinton's reelection campaign, or don't remember the Y2K bug in all its glory, or who didn't beat the crap out of their friends on a regular basis watching the original American-adaptation of The Power Rangers.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11116 on: June 11, 2010, 10:11:26 pm »

Pretty much my life is just beginning so that's cool and stuff.

You know 10 year olds were born in 2000?  Dammmnnn.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11117 on: June 11, 2010, 10:12:00 pm »

Have you ever watched early early cartoons, Aqizzar? Stuff like Thundarr, the Barbarian?

OOKLA THE MOK

Yeah, I've seen Thundarr the Barbarian.  Oddly, I've only seen a handful of episodes from the original Transformers and G.I. Joe and so forth, except for the stuff that got replayed on Cartoon Network all the time a decade ago.  I'll be honest though, except for old-ass Looney Toons, I'm not that familiar with cartoons before the early 1990s.  Surprise surprise, I remember contemporary stuff from my own childhood.

...lot's of stupid anthropomorphic kritters ran around blowing things up, saving the day, trying to take over the world, or just generally being morons.

Has anyone else ever wondered why from 1989-1996ish, so many shows did that?  What was it about humanimals that made them so popular with animators for that little period of time, after kinda disappearing since the 1960s?  I kinda know why they stopped, but the damage was done I suppose.

I feel old relative to Jack.  It just tugs at something deep in me to know that there's people I can hold a genuine conversation with who weren't conscious during Bill Clinton's reelection campaign, or don't remember the Y2K bug in all its glory, or who didn't beat the crap out of their friends on a regular basis watching the original American-adaptation of The Power Rangers.

Don't worry bro, I'm still here.  I did all those things.

Remember Hale-Bopp?  I remember that mofo.  Most boring once-in-a-lifetime event ever.
Shoes...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: June 11, 2010, 10:14:00 pm »

See, I was waking up during Clinton, barely remembered the Y2K bug, but didn't really get what it was about (I got better), and thought the Power Rangers were the shit.

But yeah.  Silly furies, spent too much time in front of the TV watching those shows.

About Thundarr:  I just was watching some of this week, and I realized that they only had like 4 voice actors.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: June 11, 2010, 10:15:28 pm »

I remember watching 9/11 on the news quite well.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: June 11, 2010, 10:15:48 pm »

Remember Hale-Bopp?  I remember that mofo.  Most boring once-in-a-lifetime event ever.

Is that a Heaven's Gate crack?! :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11121 on: June 11, 2010, 10:16:40 pm »

Well feeling old relative to someone is fine. I meant like feeling old in general.

My father once told me when he was a kid, he thought 30 was old, because that's around the age his parents died.

But when he reached 30 himself, he realized he still had the whole rest of his life to go through, a good 50-70 years more.

At any rate, as far as I can tell, most cases have it so age doesn't really start affecting you til you're in your 40s or so.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11122 on: June 11, 2010, 10:17:42 pm »

Because really, the thread wouldn't be complete without blatantly stealing XKCD's bandwidth.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: June 11, 2010, 10:20:46 pm »

Spoiler: BeeQuest (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11124 on: June 11, 2010, 10:21:35 pm »

If it weren't for this forum, which was like the gateway to the internet for me, I'd still be calling people fags and giggling away on MSN. So really, it's partly your fault.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: June 11, 2010, 10:26:20 pm »

Yes. This place as well as, surprisingly, 4chan, seem to use perfect grammar the majority of the time.

Going elsewhere and seeing "u no u can get that ez lulz" is quite aggrivating now.

In other news: The fact my vocabulary is generally larger than most people I know is nice, although it seems to fall short when I come here.

Edit: My dyslexia on the other hand, does not make me happy.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: June 11, 2010, 10:26:37 pm »

Hurray, we've stolen bits of your childhood!
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: June 11, 2010, 10:27:51 pm »

If it weren't for this forum, which was like the gateway to the internet for me, I'd still be calling people fags and giggling away on MSN. So really, it's partly your fault.

Sig'd. That's worth people reading if they ever glance at it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: June 11, 2010, 10:28:45 pm »

The child part of my childhood is a crushed, bloody mess of weeping humors.

And I'm like, three years out of it.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: June 11, 2010, 10:29:33 pm »

Now that I think of it, I also knew a 13 year old with the literary skill of a Professor in Yale, and he acted just as well.

But he was also asian and we come to expect that from them.
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 13325