Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773828 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #11070 on: June 11, 2010, 01:22:52 pm »

Watching/listening to Beardyman performances while I make maps. His music and his process never fails to make me feel happy. It's hard to describe, but it's awesome.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11071 on: June 11, 2010, 01:48:51 pm »

Watched a bit more Fallout Chronicles (DF Mod LP). Reached chapter 90 so far. Midor is a freaking badass.

Link

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11072 on: June 11, 2010, 01:53:23 pm »

I actually have a job.  It's going to be tough as hell, according to the owner, but I'm looking forward to it.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11073 on: June 11, 2010, 02:08:52 pm »

Just finished a round of Badwater Basin where I came up like twenty points ahead of everybody else, at first with a soldier on the losing team and then a madic that was getting an uncannoy number of crits on the ubersaw. We also had a ton of demos who didn't understand when I yelled at them to push into the final pit. There was one soldier, however, that was able to wipe near all of the enemies defenses and survived like 45 seconds in the firestorm that is that final pit after the uber went down. He even thanked me after for keeping on with it.

The score thing is encouraging, but I would give it up just to have more moments like the second one. That is what playing that game is all about, working together with another dude to do magic.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11074 on: June 11, 2010, 03:00:20 pm »

You know, on top of that...

I work part-time for a sociological research outfit. Have since I was in college, and have not gone looking for a career since I graduated. I do a lot of transcription and lately, it has been a struggle to make myself go in because I'm just so bloody tired of it. Work is work, but I've kind of been in a funk lately and the job wasn't helping.

Couple weeks ago they asked me to write the training manual for transcriptions. I got a call this morning from the boss lady who said she loved what I'd done, and wants me to a) run transcription orientation classes b) write the manual for their PhP web logon services and c) write the manual for the Telnet interviewer software.

I'm pretty stoked. I want to work now, and it feels good to be doing something other than grunt work. Now if I could just talk to them about a raise.... 
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11075 on: June 11, 2010, 03:41:04 pm »

School is over for the summer, it was a rather boring year, plus now i have to look for a job, also alchol with friends, and some Canon rock to finish it off into a quite an enjoyable day
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11076 on: June 11, 2010, 04:57:17 pm »

I'm downloading a Gurren Lagann torrent!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11077 on: June 11, 2010, 05:02:46 pm »

I'm downloading a Gurren Lagann torrent!

You can watch them all for free on YouTube.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11078 on: June 11, 2010, 05:20:42 pm »

That would be a massive pain with my internet connection, this is much faster.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11079 on: June 11, 2010, 07:10:46 pm »

Oh God, I've been awake for thirty hours, including several hours of working in a soup kitchen for community service after I'd already been awake for more than twenty.  And after I'm done eating, I can finally sleep, and the community service was pretty doable too.

Also, I'm not going to give away any details, but I complimented someone today by picked their brain.  At least I hope they took it as a compliment, and it was cool and all so I'll bet they did.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11080 on: June 11, 2010, 07:53:43 pm »

And after I'm done eating, I can finally sleep, and the community service was pretty doable too.  Also, I'm not going to give away any details, but I complimented someone today by picked their brain.  At least I hope they took it as a compliment, and it was cool and all so I'll bet they did.
Aqizzar is cool, he sleep deprived and doesn't afraid of anything.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11081 on: June 11, 2010, 08:15:59 pm »

And after I'm done eating, I can finally sleep, and the community service was pretty doable too.  Also, I'm not going to give away any details, but I complimented someone today by picked their brain.  At least I hope they took it as a compliment, and it was cool and all so I'll bet they did.
I think Aqizzar is a pretty cool guy. eh sleep deprived and doesn't afraid of anything.

Memes are serious serious business afforded way more love than they deserve.

I seek to perpetuate this.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11082 on: June 11, 2010, 08:41:05 pm »

Jackrabbit is perpetuate and doesn't afraid of anything.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11083 on: June 11, 2010, 09:14:00 pm »

I think ToonyMan is a pretty cool guy, he doin' it wrong and doesn't afraid of anything.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11084 on: June 11, 2010, 09:18:44 pm »

i think buckets is a pretty cool guy, eh gets it wrong too and doesn't afraid of anything.
Pages: 1 ... 737 738 [739] 740 741 ... 13325