Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776744 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10995 on: June 09, 2010, 09:51:14 pm »

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10996 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:12 pm »

Continued from SAD

It actually tried to use my door as a means of jumping me, until I attempted to crush it within the hinge. It evaded. Fortunately, I had distance to my advantage thanks to a cardboard tube at my disposal with my flip-flop as the crushing tip.

Only other reason to keep one at hand, and this one I had was thick, like for dense wallpaper, not wrapping paper. Had a good centimeter thickness, and maybe a meter's length. This thing can hurt a person just as effectively as long-distance squishing of night-crawlers, provided good accuracy (which I lacked due to not enough recent experiences dealing with someone else's problem).

Back to the combat report: I chased it out if the room after outsmarting it by closing the door from a distance. I kept watch at the hall door until I noticed no activity. Before progressing, I inched forward and slapped all the corners with my shoe to scare it away to prevent ambush. I then ran to the center of the hall to look for it. No sign... that is, until I spotted that same shadow hanging out in the bathroom. It was trapped.

Considering how precarious the environment was (having mirrors all over the place, hanging), I had to take caution. Seeing as my weapon was pretty much useless, fortunately, one of my other siblings had some Raid and the kind that kills on contact. This spider was a persistent one, and dying in a dignified manner (or a swift smack from my shoe) was apparently not an option. Hell, as I had a clear shot at it with my shoe on a stick, the thing lifted it's front legs/arms upward as if to scream a threat at me. I pushed, and it dodged and found another opportunity to jump me, but I backed away before it had another chance. It decided to hide behind a smaller mirror hanging on the wall.

I finally got the Raid in hand, and almost every time I went forward to get a shot, it popped it's head out and threatening me that it'll jump. It had height to it's advantage; but I had poison. Add to it, the Raid also made a hissing sound as it shot as well. I think I practically coated that mirror with a varnish of poison, but I missed my target. I had another opportunity to strike, I shot it when I spotted it, but still missed. I think he had experience with this kind of stuff. But what it didn't count on was was that I had enough guts to shoot around the corners.

When I said this thing was persistent, I mean per-sis-tent. I think it took coating it in Raid (Kill on Contact) at least 3-5 times to finally see it struggle to live on. However, despite being laden in poison, it still managed to crawl a good meter's distance before keeling over. It was still twitching and fading in it;'s last moments. I proved that being crushed is a more dignified way of going by smacking it in it's final moments.

If it only took the option to leave, then it would'nt have died in such a foolish manner.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10997 on: June 09, 2010, 10:43:05 pm »

This movie was made of pure awesome.

The ending. Dear god, the ending.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:51:29 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10998 on: June 09, 2010, 11:51:47 pm »

i looked at my cat and it was still black. i don't want it changing colours on me

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10999 on: June 10, 2010, 12:20:29 am »

I finished the first draft. Without resorting to cop-out endings! Yay!
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11000 on: June 10, 2010, 01:49:35 am »

Somehow I've been watching old NES ads for the past half hour. Totally worthwhile endeavor.

Oh god...It never ends...Why can't I stop...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 01:57:11 am by kinseti »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: June 10, 2010, 02:22:01 am »

God damn, was my childhood really this insipid?

The answer is yes.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: June 10, 2010, 02:27:30 am »

Zelda Commercial

I just keep clicking 0:18 over and over and over...

Edit: Also that reminds me of the old Segata Sanshiro videos.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 02:44:05 am by Lumbajak »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: June 10, 2010, 04:29:00 am »

I found my favourite pick and my other cable so I can make my bass sound like Chris Squire's again.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: June 10, 2010, 04:29:32 am »

war against 8-legged ninja Terminator

This is the best spider story I have ever heard.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: June 10, 2010, 05:11:26 am »

The answer is yes.
Man, I would have died for some Swedish children's shows that didn't fuck you up permanently.

Seriously.
Love, scriver~

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: June 10, 2010, 05:51:27 am »

The answer is yes.
Man, I would have died for some Swedish children's shows that didn't fuck you up permanently.

Seriously.

FUCKING AWESOME.
Seriously, I wish I spoke more Swedish than just a few words.
You guys are awesome.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11007 on: June 10, 2010, 06:18:52 am »

war against 8-legged ninja Terminator

This is the best spider story I have ever heard.

He should have made it his pet and trained it in the ways of assasination.

Also i just shaved, feels good, damn bastard beard not wanting to grow properly yet
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: June 10, 2010, 07:05:02 am »

Playing Fallout 2, I come across a dude named Kaga, an outcast from our tribe who blames me for my success. I beat him soundly (bringing a desert eagle to a knife fight tends to do that) and he flees, all the while screaming about how he's going to dedicate his life to defeating me and how I haven't heard the last of him. Desperate to rid myself of a recurring nemesis, I give chase and manage to hit him no less than twelve times in the back for at least ten damage each time. Bastard wouldn't die.

Goddamn it. Hello, diabolical arch-nemesis.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: June 10, 2010, 07:57:04 am »

Wasn't Kaga cut from the game?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 732 733 [734] 735 736 ... 13325