Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786158 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10785 on: June 07, 2010, 02:33:15 pm »

To prevent the horrible taste of drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth, take a salted edible (salted peanuts or cashews work especially well) and keep it in your mouth for a good minute.

In other words: Suck on my salty nuts to get rid of fluoride aftertaste.

@Duke: Hope things go well for you in the long term. And you gotta promise us you'll go back to Duke-ish avatars when you get back.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10786 on: June 07, 2010, 03:19:57 pm »

Janet: Live in the Midwest. We get big storms and tornadoes all the time.

She already lives in Texas.  We get summer hailstorms here alright - sky turns green, then rains chunks of ice in the midday sun.  Fucking metal.

A few things that made me happy today.
-My summer commute won't be as bad as I thought it would be, although today is a little cooler than normal.  Traffic isn't that bad is the point.
-One of my summer classes is taught by a professor I had a year ago, a living caricature of a crooked weasely campaign pollster, and an entertaining windbag.  Best of all, he remembers me and likes me, and he gives really easy tests.
-He taught us about how Athenian democracy really worked, and it winds up being both almost totally nondemocratic (I love when ideas are completely wrong), and winds up being very much like my favorite form of government, giving me a little wiki-style nerdgasm.
-And completely unrelated - Toady's little death-warrant against Impaler[WiG].  Because he shit all over my donatathon way back when, and I wanted to think he was an asshole but everyone else seemed to love him for making some utility.  So now I'm vindicated (retroactively) in thinking he's a total asshole.  Ha, and indeed ha.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10787 on: June 07, 2010, 03:23:10 pm »

So now I'm vindicated (retroactively) in thinking he's a total asshole.  Ha, and indeed ha.

You have this way with words, you do.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10788 on: June 07, 2010, 03:26:54 pm »

New 1TB hard drive. Yay!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10789 on: June 07, 2010, 03:28:14 pm »

I was enjoying the nerd-core drama that has recently surfaced about the almost cartoon-like evil attempt to steal the secret technologies of the Toad-Cult to further along a capitalist agenda. "We created the DfHack for the good of all mankind, but it has fallen in the hands of a traitorous villain, who seeks control of the great power for his own glory!"

I kind of wonder what his motives were though, like did he think he could put it on Steam and charge $15 a month for it? DF is a game created by passion, not greed, with what seems to be the desire for fulfilling a self-imposed challenge on the creator's part, along with making the game great for greatness's sake. It's clearly not done for the money, and even if it was hijacked, there probably isn't enough money in it for a couple of programmers to make it worth their while. Money-making games seem to need many different minds working on it, and non-programmers working on a media agenda. I'm sure Toady could have done other things, especially with his level of education and natural giftedness, but he chose to focus on making Dwarf Fortress something truly original and outstanding. And the people rejoiced.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10790 on: June 07, 2010, 03:32:34 pm »

I transfered into the advanced group in TKD, i am now tired beyond reason and extremley happy about it :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10791 on: June 07, 2010, 03:55:40 pm »

I just got quoted again by Ein.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10792 on: June 07, 2010, 03:57:48 pm »

I just noticed that my computer actually has two power buttons.
One is for sleep and the other is for actually shutting it down.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10793 on: June 07, 2010, 03:59:13 pm »

Janet: Live in the Midwest. We get big storms and tornadoes all the time.

She already lives in Texas.  We get summer hailstorms here alright - sky turns green, then rains chunks of ice in the midday sun.  Fucking metal.
I get hurricane seasons over here on the east coast. I think they're fun, but they do tend to spoil a good beach day every once in awhile.

I think what particularly bugs me in that regards is that I work a full shift, it's nice, bright, cheery, and sunny out; once I'm off the clock, I see this city-sized jellyfish of a storm charging my way as I HAVE to patiently wait to be picked up. Add to it, it's freaking roasting out, the ocean's pretty, and once I get home *KER-POW* is heard a good several blocks away. Crap.

Aside from that, we get some rather awesome storms over here. And for some reason, despite how many hurricanes (and how violent they get), I apparently live in a blind spot where the storms aren't as violent, despite being as big as the state of Florida itself. And after the passing, (just as well with any cells that tend to hit on occasion) the after-storm effects are pretty cool. Not often the scenery gets as green as it does post-storm (plant life). Toss in the oceanscape and a kickass double-rainbow over the horizon with an orange/purple sky... I think it gets harder to describe after that. I'd have to take a picture of one of these to show how insanely awesome they tend to turn out. Seeing as the climate has been reverting lately, I should be more likely able to snag a picture of what I'm talking about.

EDIT:
And as it turns out, the storm just cleared and it's ridiculously bright out now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:01:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10794 on: June 07, 2010, 04:04:47 pm »

New 1TB hard drive. Yay!

YESSS I've always wanted one since they're relatively cheap now.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10795 on: June 07, 2010, 04:20:22 pm »

New 1TB hard drive. Yay!

YESSS I've always wanted one since they're relatively cheap now.
Yes, they are nice. Unfortunately, I kinda crammed mine with games that are rendered useless thanks to an incident with vaporized water.

Still working out what to get rid of to free up space.

EDIT:
Speaking of which, I just got myself a new power supply replacement fitting for all the crap I have on my system. Should help out the cooling for it. Hypothetically, my machine working despite having a lower watt output makes me think that the processes and such are top priority, and cooling is bottom; power-wise. So, in theory, higher/proper wattage, proper cooling power and more power to the necessary parts. I'll be surprised if my machine ends up working far better afterward. And as a bonus, the cables are longer and come with a bundler net. This thing should be a piece of cake to install and shift around in case I get more stuff to add. Definitely will make me worry less about the wiring I currently have setup within. It's a mess, and I think there are some crossings, and at least one power cable is hugging the graphics card. Not pretty.

BTW, if I ever end up deconstructing and reconstructing my machine, I might be able to make things much simpler inside so debugging it physically should be easier, both real bugs and if/when the computer acts up.

Here's what I ordered: link

Reminder, taking the survey with the stuff I have installed, I was advised to get at least 440W of power, and with my last card 360W. ...Yeah, so according to my statement above, it could explain how my last card may have blown out. And I think I already mentioned it before, but the old family computer had a 400W power supply, and that thing worked nicely, until old age caught up with it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:57:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10796 on: June 07, 2010, 06:20:04 pm »

1TB of memory is a lot, why do you need so much? I mean, several hundred GBs I understand. But really, what are you using that needs so much memory?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10797 on: June 07, 2010, 06:21:57 pm »

You can never have enough space.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10798 on: June 07, 2010, 06:22:34 pm »

1TB of memory is a lot, why do you need so much? I mean, several hundred GBs I understand. But really, what are you using that needs so much memory?
I wouldn't use that mindset. In the past, we thought a gigabyte was alot and that we would never use it all. Now there are games upwards of 10 gigs floating around. It won't be long before there are programs that surpass a terabyte.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10799 on: June 07, 2010, 06:22:56 pm »

I never understood it much myself.

I get by with 30 GB's.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 718 719 [720] 721 722 ... 13325