Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787248 times)

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10740 on: June 06, 2010, 06:44:54 pm »

I got a brochure from UAT today. They look like a place I would like to go to.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10741 on: June 06, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »

Left my computer on before leaving for work (defragging and such), many torrential storms (cluttered with lightning and such) hit, the store lost power a few times. I return home, according to Rainmeter, my computer was not affected at all by the many storms that hit over the past 7 hours. EFF' YEAH!

Better, everything finished just as I returned too, huzzah. And as a topper, my mind has just been going through an assortment of ideas for a Bay-12 Flash project. Oh, and I also smuggled a cookie as I left. Albeit, it was the kind we sample to customers, but still, these are really good cookies.

EDIT:
Just now, a commercial came on for a place called... "Butcher's Nursery". Dwarfiest name for a florist I've ever seen, though very misleading.

Spoiler: Joke Explained (click to show/hide)

Oh, and Kill Bill Vol. 2 is on.

EDIT EDIT:
You're welcome Aqizzar. ↓
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:03:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: June 06, 2010, 07:01:37 pm »

Was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon today, because of this forum (I hate you all).  Three different times, three different coasters suffered the panic-inducing, dreaded curses of "Station Brake Failure", and all three times were cleared without incident.  Twice because the trains kept on roaring by while the mechanic fixed it, and one because the trains came in slow enough that they just bumped to a halt instead of dashing to pieces.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: June 06, 2010, 07:03:08 pm »

Have successfully taught myself how to play Showtime from Homestuck. Pretty simple. Gonna see if I can play a couple of the extra harmony parts at the same tame as well.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: June 06, 2010, 07:09:38 pm »

Was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon today, because of this forum (I hate you all).  Three different times, three different coasters suffered the panic-inducing, dreaded curses of "Station Brake Failure", and all three times were cleared without incident.  Twice because the trains kept on roaring by while the mechanic fixed it, and one because the trains came in slow enough that they just bumped to a halt instead of dashing to pieces.

I've been playing RCT3 and on one of the campaign maps, the starting coaster breaks down about every five seconds.

Anyway, as amazing as 3 is, it feels... lacking.
Like something is missing that was in the others.
Of course, first person cams on fireworks and rides is awesome.
There's a first person camera on visitors too, if you change their name to the right cheat code.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:16 pm »

Anyway, as amazing as 3 is, it feels... lacking.
Like something is missing that was in the others.
Yeah, as fun as RCT3 was, it felt like it was lacking something, I don't know why, it just felt lacking.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10746 on: June 06, 2010, 07:24:27 pm »

Have successfully taught myself how to play Showtime from Homestuck. Pretty simple. Gonna see if I can play a couple of the extra harmony parts at the same tame as well.

Record it!

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: June 06, 2010, 07:48:48 pm »

Aqizzar snipplets

That must be one awesome mechanic, to be able to fix a brake problem before the duration of the ride. I haven't played roller coaster tycoon one in a long time, but I'd think you could make a brake system foolproof by making the coaster have to lose all of it's momentum before re-entering, perhaps with a hill or a chain lift to hoist it back up to the station.

I've been watching SWAT Kats, which is great, but it had so much more potential. If only it weren't a kids show towards the end of the Ghetto Age
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:59:56 pm by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: June 06, 2010, 07:56:47 pm »

But only if you are a pussy. A real man fixes crises as they happen instead of before!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: June 06, 2010, 08:03:31 pm »

Real men fix crises with shotguns.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: June 06, 2010, 08:12:55 pm »

Real dorfs make sure the caster explodes.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: June 06, 2010, 08:16:14 pm »

Record it!

Ooh, perhaps. I do have some new equipment that I need to get some practice with.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10752 on: June 06, 2010, 08:17:46 pm »

Do you have sheet music/tabs?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: June 06, 2010, 08:18:39 pm »

That must be one awesome mechanic, to be able to fix a brake problem before the duration of the ride. I haven't played roller coaster tycoon one in a long time, but I'd think you could make a brake system foolproof by making the coaster have to lose all of it's momentum before re-entering, perhaps with a hill or a chain lift to hoist it back up to the station.

The other option is to just have only one train, or two if it's a really long coaster.  Then even if it goes shooting through the station, there's nothing to hit.  But yeah, as long as it doesn't reach the station with a good head of steam, there's nothing to worry about, I'm just a really incompetent coaster designer.

I've been watching SWAT Kats, which is great, but it had so much more potential. If only it weren't a kids show towards the end of the Ghetto Age

Ah, the back-room stories of the animation world.  I think SWAT Kats was another show done in by personality conflicts between executives, before Batman hit it's stride and won the ratings battle.  The early 90s held such promise, and too many shows that died before their time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10754 on: June 06, 2010, 08:29:44 pm »

According to Tropes, it was Ted Turner who gave it the boot, since he wanted any conflict to be anvilicious. SWAT Kats was competing with Captian Planet, of all things. Perhaps I'm dooming myself from the start, enjoying shows like SWAT Kats and Dead Like Me. So much promise, but only partially carried out.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 13325