Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15888184 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10575 on: June 04, 2010, 04:11:06 pm »

Ah, yes. Dinky Park, my old nemesis. I wish I had my copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe so I could conquer it at last. (No luck; I'm in Indiana, it's in Maine)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10576 on: June 04, 2010, 04:14:20 pm »

Okay, and here we go. Personally, I like the challenge this level provides, as well as the one where you're not allowed to remove any trees. It both sucks and rocks at the same time. I think it also had a height limit on it as well. Crap, I forgot how brutal some of these levels get.

It's nice to post screenshots that you can see what's going on. And yes, the entire park fits right in them. And no, I can't zoom in any closer. This is 1x scale.

Costs:
Moving and replacing paths: est. $900
Adding shops: est. $1,400

Anyone who have played this map do know you can buy land, as well as rights to build over the highway, right?

I've also noticed that I've been building like this more often nowadays. Opposite of how I used to play ages ago. But now I have the rides ogranized. Gentle usually to the left, thrill rides to the right, and roller coasters where there is open space. I try to mix rides with each other if they have tracks. And if I get Go-Karts, I have a long (either continuous circuit or 1-lap race) track, and a figure-8 or small track with some laps. Give people a choice. Nets great profits.

As for my old murder-coaster I mentioned some time back, I just remembered where I built that (Evergreen Gardens, I believe), and I think I can make it within the level's time limit, but if I recall correctly, it's intensity ratings were over 30 as was the nausea rating. As you'd expect, I only needed 1 tile for a line.

EDIT:
And it seems there's a pretty crazy looking storm heading this way.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:39:23 pm by Itnetlolor »

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: June 04, 2010, 04:15:36 pm »

Welcome back Janet.

Also, this makes me happy.  (pleassebetruepleassebetruepleassebetruepleassebetruepleassebetruepleassebetruepleassebetruepleassebetruepleassebetrue...)

Oh man. That would be so amazing.

It used to be that I was happy because of the invention of the weekend,and I might be able to afford a haircut.

But now? I am excited for stars.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: June 04, 2010, 04:18:14 pm »

And all the lights in the skies were stars. Except that big one, that is the remains of a dying star.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: June 04, 2010, 04:31:35 pm »

Anyone who have played this map do know you can buy land, as well as rights to build over the highway, right?
Exactly, in fact, that's what I used to build my awesome mars themed coaster. That thing seemed perfectly designed, with wonderful ratings.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: June 04, 2010, 04:36:13 pm »

Hell yeah, had a cable car and a suitably dinky coaster to span it.  I never even thought of just tearing down all the existing rides, I figured it'd be too expensive.  Not to mention, I don't remember being able to build fixed-shape rides like those on top of each other.  Then again, it's been years since I played it, so what do I know.

I think I actually enjoyed the little parks more than the big ones.  That one really giant park with the mine-train coaster and underground coaster always kicked my ass, because everybody had to walk so far to everything.  Then the underground coaster had a fatal station crash, and I had to seal it up in concrete because I couldn't figure out how to make people ride it again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: June 04, 2010, 04:40:43 pm »

Yes!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10582 on: June 04, 2010, 04:46:06 pm »

Hell yeah, had a cable car and a suitably dinky coaster to span it.  I never even thought of just tearing down all the existing rides, I figured it'd be too expensive.  Not to mention, I don't remember being able to build fixed-shape rides like those on top of each other.  Then again, it's been years since I played it, so what do I know.

I think I actually enjoyed the little parks more than the big ones.  That one really giant park with the mine-train coaster and underground coaster always kicked my ass, because everybody had to walk so far to everything.  Then the underground coaster had a fatal station crash, and I had to seal it up in concrete because I couldn't figure out how to make people ride it again.
The terrain tool is your friend on this part. $20 per adjustment (a real kick to the nuts finance-wise when it stacks up), increase it a few notches, and hope the supports can carry the ride, and what you can stack beneath it, then top it off with either a roller coaster, or a ride that can build tall, and have a decent support atop it too. It requires good knowledge of the rides (max support height and etc.) I figure you can easily stack a haunted house on top of a carousel easy. Scary music comes standard with it.

As for Diamond Heights, I had Agoraphobia (open white track) have station-brake failure more than Claustrophobia (tunnel-filled black track). I love how the creators put some thought behind some of the rides in the parks; hell, in the expansion Corkscrew Follies, there's a roller coaster series called the Three Monkeys (See/Hear/Speak no Evil), each ride actually follows their meaning. See No Evil is mostly underground, Speak No Evil has plenty of scream-inducing drops (rendering you speechless), and Hear No Evil is mostly silent being away from the rest of the park. Awesome thing, they're racing coasters and they end almost as the same times, and is random which one wins. Awesome.

EDIT:
Oh, and to get guests to ride rides again after a crash; modify/rebuild parts of the coaster and re-open it anew...ish. That's how I got numerous customers for the death drop. It reset their memory about it, and those fools decided to hop aboard despite the intensity rating.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:17:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: June 04, 2010, 04:51:13 pm »

The expression on that wizards face is so much win...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: June 04, 2010, 05:13:41 pm »

And all the lights in the skies were stars. Except that big one, that is the remains of a dying star.

See that second sun? That's a star blowing up.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: June 04, 2010, 05:22:23 pm »

See that second sun? That's a star blowing up.

Just make sure you don't look straight at it.

Oh Jesus, what is tha going to look like?  The OP talked about a smaller supernova ten times as far that was visible in the daytime for three weeks.  And that supernova wasn't one of the biggest stars in the universe.  If this thing doesn't bake the Earth in Gamma rays it'll at least bake the Earth in plain old light.  Just imagine the ecological impact.  Or that everyone will have to wear welding goggles to go outside.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: June 04, 2010, 05:29:49 pm »

Or that everyone will have to wear welding goggles to go outside.

Ye gods, yes.
This is what must happen.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: June 04, 2010, 05:33:51 pm »

Ze goggles would do something?!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: June 04, 2010, 05:38:10 pm »

Or that everyone will have to wear welding goggles to go outside.

Ye gods, yes.  This is what must happen.

Well, everyone does love their apocalyptica.  Imagine what life on Earth will be like when you have to wear SPF1000 sunscreen or a parka just to leave your house.  Y'know, combined with the Atlantic ocean filling with oil, and God knows what other shit happens in the next couple decades, that grungy cyberpunk future we were always promised just might happen.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: June 04, 2010, 05:41:17 pm »

A chance sunspot flaring out as the star dies will cause of spike of excess heat and light to be thrown into the Atlantic, just hot enough to ignite all the oil. All of the Gulf will burn.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 13326