Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15887023 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10455 on: June 01, 2010, 05:23:54 pm »

Strangely, it's only offered at certain brick-and-mortar stores called "maternity wards." I tell you, the marketing for this thing is crazy.
Yeah, there's no advertising at all, and yet it has a larger player-base than any other MMO, with an exponentially rising number of subscriptions.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: June 01, 2010, 06:10:43 pm »

I may end up starting a leather-working business.
As much as I'd like to start with the raw hides, that's probably not gonna happen.
It may be profitable.

Also, Happy Birthday.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine just got back from (Connecticut, New York, Vermont? Somewhere near there) to donate an egg to this gay couple.
She brought me back a kickass piece of bismuth.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And in case you can't tell, the shirt says "Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition !"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: June 01, 2010, 07:12:03 pm »

what is bismuth?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: June 01, 2010, 07:14:16 pm »

It is a metal. Found in shit like Tums because it is a base.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: June 01, 2010, 07:17:28 pm »

The Rosetta Stone box I got for Christmas finally works.  Finally.  I don't exactly know why.  I got around to the harddrive wipe I intended just a few weeks ago, and it turned out all I had to do was make a new profile to gt around the broken spyware that was fucking up my connectivity.  Then I had to hunt down Rosetta Stone's network specifications and finagle my way into my router (which should have taken about two minutes, but whatever).  Then I had to refresh the validation process eight times before the program truly believed I had a real Internet connection.  And so it's validated and works.

The headset is a piece of shit and can complete the voice-recognition process (maybe because of my "Barry White with a hangover" voice pattern), but at least I can get my dad's money's worth out of it.  Six weeks before my actual university Spansh class starts - Spanish Level 3, attempt number 3, packed into five weeks of class.  Then it's the dreaded Spanish 4 (Conversational Level) in the fall, which my ability to graduate depends on.  All those Rosetta Stone commercials had better not be lying to me.

what is bismuth?

Refined bismuthinite.  Combine it with two bars of copper and one of tin, and you get four bars of bronze that's more valuable than normal and a little prettier.  That bismuthinite is hard to find though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: June 01, 2010, 07:33:06 pm »

About two weeks til my birthday!
And I am getting the MSPA Problem sleuth book and other stuff!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: June 01, 2010, 07:50:17 pm »

About two weeks til my birthday!
And I am getting the MSPA Problem sleuth book and other stuff!

Oh man! Let us know if the extra stuff is worth the price. I've been debating getting it or not for a while now.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10462 on: June 01, 2010, 07:56:54 pm »

Replayed the Forest Frontiers level in Roller Coaster Tycoon, previously had an end score (company value) of -$2,700 -odd; replay score: $11,900 -odd.

I must say, I definitely did something right the second time around; then again, the first time around was my first time playing in ages. Still, that's one hell of an improvement. BTW, the goal for that was to have 250 guests in the park by the end of the year with a park rating of 600; I got 1000-odd guests with over 850 park rating, and also was -$1,500 in my balance (total on hand, minus loans (which you start off having up to $10,000 in loans, recovering $1,000 at a time)).

I also got my sister a copy of the game on her computer. It should be a good warm up before micromanaging a fort.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: June 01, 2010, 08:27:05 pm »

ugh Roller Coaster Tycoon. Lost people spam is the first thing that comes to mind.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: June 01, 2010, 08:28:13 pm »

I always put one way signs at the entrance.
They come in but they can never go out...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: June 01, 2010, 08:33:43 pm »

I always put one way signs at the entrance.
They come in but they can never go out...

Aye. A free, really fun ride at the entrance of the park is all that's available. The exit leads to the rest of the park, which is overpriced and has no way back to the park exit/entrance. If only those poor parkgoers were brave enough to cross the grass and reach freedom... alas.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10466 on: June 01, 2010, 08:34:37 pm »

ugh Roller Coaster Tycoon. Lost people spam is the first thing that comes to mind.
Information Kiosks are usually helpful if placed at the right points. In one of the maps I've played lately, and a rather large and lengthy one while at it, not one lost soul. However, plenty of vandalism. So I drowned them. Of course, filtering the angry from over a thousand people is a bit time consuming.

Another tip is to have surplus forces all over the place. Assign a few to key points, or mostly vandalized and/or messy grounds, and keep them relatively short distances; and have a few freelancers in case the key-pointers are busy.

I think the highest expense-per month in furniture replacement has to be less than $100. Not bad at all.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:38:35 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: June 01, 2010, 10:58:53 pm »

I'm starting to get the hang of Flash, it's a really good time killer that's for sure.  But who am I saying I got Super Mario Galaxy 2 for my bday, that's going to take forever to 100%.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: June 01, 2010, 11:47:06 pm »

I'm starting to get the hang of Flash, it's a really good time killer that's for sure.
Don't worry, with time you can achieve levels of incompetence such as This. Unfortunately, it seems the rest of my works were destroyed when that last hard drive became unusable. But I can direct you to some good links for flash learning. After you learn the system it is surprisingly easy to use.

Edit: Oh, right controls. wasd to move, space for shooting test and x for boost. I may have had a few others, but that is all I remember.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 11:48:37 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: June 02, 2010, 01:52:25 am »

I have deciphered the great mystery known as the Elder Scrolls Construction Kit!
Without any sort of tutorial, which I'm sure would have made life much easier.
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 13326