Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15876324 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10095 on: May 26, 2010, 02:58:25 pm »

The context that with a sort-of broken mouse I'm not willing to right click every word I write- but might be willing to correct if only a few are wrong.
Like for instance, in the above sentence I had to fix 3, single click ones. If I had my old keyboard I'd have been 20, and 5 would have been so badly butchered the spell checker couldn't figure out what they were supposed to be.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: May 26, 2010, 03:02:28 pm »

For birthday I got a webcam and... A new keyboard, so hopefully my typing and spelling wont be so horrid any more! ;)

Hooray!  Happy birthday ~  And may you have many more pleasant years of joy and new discoveries.

I have a delicious egg salad and kale sandwich with cranberries, carrot shreds, and spicy mustard :9
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: May 26, 2010, 03:07:45 pm »

For birthday I got a webcam and... A new keyboard, so hopefully my typing and spelling wont be so horrid any more! ;)

It's already vastly improved; I was starting to think you'd turned dyslexic.  So, awesome birthday man.  That said, please do subject us to your cam-blog.

And I must argue that the whole Legos being assembled normal toys instead of legos does breed the way for a lot more specific parts. And generally before I would shun them as they didn't have the far-ranging use of other more versatile parts, their unique shape does allow for for constructions not possible with any other lego part.

Yeah, I do appreciate the larger size and better styling of new Lego models, but this $20 spacetruck has exactly 13 pieces that could be considered "generic use".  Heck, on the base is a 6x8 square thing that looks like two 1x4 and 1x8 technic pieces arranged together.  But it's one piece, so it can only be used there.  I knew this was a bad trend when it started with the UFO sets and the death of second-gen Space.  I was actually browsing the Lego catalog, considering buying the Age 4-7 bucket sets, because they come with piles of basic bricks.

I consider myself justified in rambling about Legos because I just watched this thing, probably again, I forget.  I can forgive the blatant Heartless-ripoffs just because I like the ethos so much.  The Peter Jackson-esque army certainly helps.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: May 26, 2010, 03:13:55 pm »

Lala la la la la lalalala oh my god my head is exploding

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: May 26, 2010, 03:42:52 pm »

I consider myself justified in rambling about Legos because I just watched this thing, probably again, I forget.  I can forgive the blatant Heartless-ripoffs just because I like the ethos so much.  The Peter Jackson-esque army certainly helps.
That looks extremely awesome. Which means there's a good chance it won't be... but still, awesome!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: May 26, 2010, 03:44:34 pm »

THE LEGO UNIVERSE TRAILER HAD OMINOUS PSEUDO-LATIN CHANTING.

HOLY CRAP LEGO IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE SO AWESOME.

*EDIT* The son of a bitch cost 55$.

I`m less exited about it now.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:51:27 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: May 26, 2010, 03:56:03 pm »

LEGO MMORPG?

Lollerskates.

$55 isn't so bad. I shelled out $60 on DirectDrive for Champions Online. Then they wouldn't let me use my free month unless I bought a SECOND month. Then they wouldn't accept PayPal so I never got to play.

It sucked anyways. Enough that it's now free for anybody to play up to level 15.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: May 26, 2010, 03:56:54 pm »

Back in my day, legos were little plastic do-dads. Soon that part will completely go away.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: May 26, 2010, 03:58:17 pm »

Its just that its Lego, and i expected it to be some kiddy social network shit.

Free kiddy social metwork shit.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: May 26, 2010, 04:00:02 pm »

*EDIT* The son of a bitch cost 55$.  I`m less exited about it now.

Wow, imagine that, the guys who want $20 for a quarter pound of colored plastic have the audacity to charge the exact same market price as every other launch software.  Could they even be so cruel as to charge, gasp, a monthly fee to play their online electronic game?

I'm buying it, and I'm playing it.  At least to see what it looks like, before I tire of traipsing across a cell-shaded world of constant battle between content reviewers and giant angular penises.  Although, I admit, it always irks me a bit to see MMO's cost anything for the box and disc itself, when the subscription is the real money, and the game software will be like $10 within six months anyway.

Back in my day, legos were little plastic do-dads. Soon that part will completely go away.

You obviously haven't seen Brickshelf, and the hundreds of middle-aged men who spend money on Legos like other people spend on cars.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: May 26, 2010, 04:06:32 pm »

Oh they're out there all right. And it kinda scares me. After a certain amount, couldn't you build anything from them and not have to buy anymore?

Edit: I wonder if you could build a BB pistol using only legos, a co2 tank, and of course, BBs?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: May 26, 2010, 04:07:18 pm »

Oh they're out there all right. And it kinda scares me. After a certain amount, couldn't you build anything from them and not have to buy anymore?

Not if you want to hold on to some of your more fabulous creations.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: May 26, 2010, 05:26:22 pm »

Until you break them down to build something bigger. And bigger. Until you pull a James May and build a fucking villa out of lego.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: May 26, 2010, 05:43:36 pm »

I was delighted when I noticed that ToonyMan's avatar's glasses look a lot like Armok's avatar. I'm seeing it everywhere now!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: May 26, 2010, 06:04:09 pm »

*stuff*

You're going to have to do a review.