Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15876344 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #10065 on: May 26, 2010, 04:02:33 am »

I was just watching it and now I've forgotten. Damn it.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: May 26, 2010, 05:26:07 am »

Hi!

Its my birthday.

Yay.

I know, I am a little late, but happy birthday!

(You have a cute avatar, so I had to say that)

EDIT: (Sorry, at first I couldn't find the post while I was writing this reply):
Nihongo hanashimaroka

Don't you mean "Nihongo (wo) hanashimashou ka"? Just wondering.

Deathworks
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:32:05 am by Deathworks »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: May 26, 2010, 05:35:43 am »

I thought 'ro' was plain form.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: May 26, 2010, 05:35:58 am »

President Barack Obama is a limp wristed milksop who only knows how to express emotion when a TV camera is around.  The Gulf oil spill is still going strong a month after the touch-off; half the government is just now catching up to the problem, while the other half tries to sweep the incompetence and blame under the rug.  The EPA has revealed that the Louisiana government begged them not to let BP dump oil dispersants, fearing the total collapse of the American fishing industry, along with the return of thalidomide defects; BP went ahead and dumped a million gallons of detergent anyway, to head off the pictures of oil washing ashore.  Three quarters of America wrings its hands over the specter of racism, even as the same three quarters supports institutionally racist law enforcement.  New Jersey will hold the Super Bowl for the first time ever, because it will be warm enough for the first time ever.  New York is breaking century old heatwave records.  The Korean peninsula is about to go to war again.  Blackwater and the CIA are setting up shop in Somalia.  And Goldman Sachs is posting steady profits, by parceling out its government money over the year, while lending money back to the Federal Reserve that it charges interest on.

But that's all so far away.  Because I've got a pastrami sandwich, orange sherbet, a nice dog, the day off, and I just finished assembling my space-towtruck.  Even if I don't like the new design philosophy of Legos being ordinary toys with some assembly (instead of, y'know, Legos), the thing is damn cool looking.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: May 26, 2010, 06:00:31 am »

Today for the most part was pretty crap. So I'm trying to hold on to the happies...

Like for instance, I found a chinese cake shop today. Very much the yum, plus very very cheep XD.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: May 26, 2010, 08:03:30 am »

I just finished assembling my space-towtruck.  Even if I don't like the new design philosophy of Legos being ordinary toys with some assembly (instead of, y'know, Legos), the thing is damn cool looking.

Even in space, flame decals are the most rocking thing you can slap on your space-truck. And I must argue that the whole Legos being assembled normal toys instead of legos does breed the way for a lot more specific parts. And generally before I would shun them as they didn't have the far-ranging use of other more versatile parts, their unique shape does allow for for constructions not possible with any other lego part.

But for my happiness I just dropped my sister off at the metro for an internship in DC. This is more pride than the usual "Yesfreedomfromthatannoyingsister" one expects of an older brother. Always happy to see she didn't turn out like me.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: May 26, 2010, 08:08:02 am »

Hi!

I thought 'ro' was plain form.

Actually, the plain form is the 'o' ending + 'u' for the consonantal verbs. 'hanashimasu' is already formal in being 'hanashi' (Ren'youkei of 'hanasu') + 'masu' (formal ending 'masu'). Thus, if you want to go informal, you would need 'hanaso' + 'u' = "hanasou".

'rou' only shows up with "darou" which is the informal copula and is actually a shortened version of "dearou" coming from "dearu", which just forms the volitional like that. Or you might have mixed it with the conjectural (which uses the same form) for true adjectives, which use the ending 'karou' to express conjecture.

Deathworks

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: May 26, 2010, 08:49:20 am »

It's my birthday.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: May 26, 2010, 08:51:23 am »

It's my birthday.
Rock on dude. You need it perhaps the most of us all.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: May 26, 2010, 09:03:56 am »

It's my birthday.
Happy birthday!  :D

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: May 26, 2010, 09:08:21 am »

It's my birthday.

Happy birthday.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: May 26, 2010, 09:19:54 am »

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: May 26, 2010, 09:49:43 am »

Happy birthday!

Another thing that made me happy, I started writing up the essay-sized thread explaining the Technological Singularity which I shall put on the forums within a week. After all, we have several transhumanists and/or singularitarians on these forums, but nothing explaining the concepts!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: May 26, 2010, 10:36:58 am »

It's my birthday.

Couldn't stop myself.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: May 26, 2010, 10:54:05 am »

It's my birthday.
Sieze the Birthday, Armok! Do something fun, or spend time with the family, etc.

My roommate's boyfriend came over and made sushi and miso soup. It was hella tasty! Spicey fish/rice/seaweed rolls make me happy, for reasons I can't quite fathom.
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 13326