Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15862333 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 08:38:08 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #9557 on: May 17, 2010, 09:41:23 pm »

I just found out that Ridley Scott is doing a film adaptation of The Forever War. If you'll excuse me, I need to go die of squee now.  :D :D :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9558 on: May 17, 2010, 09:43:56 pm »

It took some time and wire wrestling, but I finally got it mounted and the drivers installed. The card is a beast and huge, but surprisingly quiet, even when I was testing it's benchmarks. You know, where it last failed for me (old card), I tested to see if it can handle it (being 3 years since last upgrade on the card). I must say, it's working beautifully. Not a hiccup, silent, and everything looks crisp. It's like wearing a new pair of eyes, the difference from the last card (and using the motherboard's integrated graphics) is so vast.

I kinda wish the case for my computer wasn't so small, it was a royal pain in the ass to get the card in there, re-optimize wiring so nothing would melt by contact or anything, and keep power to all parts of the machine (seeing as the card can link up to the power source). ...Yeah.

My main concern now is getting the thing out if need be. It's bad enough the thing is crushing one of the eSATA cables that's linked to the larger hard drive. At least everything works fine. Even using the temp-monitors, I've overclocked the new card, and it's doing fine, plus, the fan on it is amazing. Considering it's twice as thick as the old card, thank goodness more of it is used for ventilation. Unlike the last one, this one seems a little better designed to last.

It's nice to play my hi-res games again, and do graphics stuff without having to nerf quality again. Add to today, I actually was able to close down (work) on time again. Let's hope this trend keeps up.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: May 17, 2010, 09:57:43 pm »

Dragnar we have the same birthdays and they're coming up, what are you planning to get?

My thoughts are on that Problem Sleuth book.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9560 on: May 17, 2010, 09:59:22 pm »

I am getting that for my birthday.
It looks good.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9561 on: May 17, 2010, 10:00:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SPORTICUS NOOOOOO.

My birthday is in a week tomorrow.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9562 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:02 pm »

Dragnar we have the same birthdays and they're coming up, what are you planning to get?

My thoughts are on that Problem Sleuth book.
That really depends how I do on my exams. If I do well, I'm getting a PS3. If I do badly... I get something much smaller and a summer class.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9563 on: May 17, 2010, 10:39:21 pm »

Happy Preemptive Birthday! For my last birthday, I got a bag of chocolate-covered espresso beans... and I ate the whole damned thing.

Such energy cannot be contained within this mortal frame. Especially when there are crayons nearby, and a big blank white canvas tablecloth. It was worse than when I was on synthetic adrenaline for a week, for the University School of Psychology's study.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #9564 on: May 17, 2010, 10:55:26 pm »

Ran into SMBC theater

Which has such golden gems as this.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #9565 on: May 17, 2010, 11:03:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SPORTICUS NOOOOOO.

My birthday is in a week tomorrow.

She's legal now. Has been for nearly a year now.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9566 on: May 17, 2010, 11:08:06 pm »

She's legal now. Has been for nearly a year now.

Reeealy?

*Wiggles eyebrows*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9567 on: May 17, 2010, 11:22:04 pm »

Everyone knows what happens to girls who are legal but look like they aren't.

SJ.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #9568 on: May 17, 2010, 11:24:31 pm »

They graduate with honours from a performing arts school? They go to live in New York? What? What?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9569 on: May 17, 2010, 11:46:02 pm »

Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 13326