Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15862056 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #9525 on: May 16, 2010, 03:56:32 pm »

Oh right, last night I fell asleep listening to The Lord of the Rings Audiobook.
I don't remember anythinggggg
I woke up and heard Gandalf talking to Frodo.

Wait I just had a recollection!

I remember something to do with smoking weed and guess what's at the beginning of the book?  A "concerning pipeweed" prologue.

Success!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 03:58:11 pm by ToonyMan »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: May 16, 2010, 04:14:31 pm »

Something that makes me both happy and sad.

My instructor did not specify what font to use.  I just discovered that Courier New, which is considered one of the core web fonts, and thus a probable accepted font for this essay I'm writing also has the benefit of being xbox hueg.  Liek srsly, I gained half a page when I switched to Courier.  It's awesome because I'm actually going to finish this essay, but I almost feel like I'm cheating.  For a great old one, I have way too much of a sense of honor.
Shoes...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: May 16, 2010, 04:19:59 pm »

Why do professors in other universities give out page quotas instead of word count quotas?

I remember people in high school (including my ex-girlfriend and middle-aged people who had never attending post-secondary education) insisting that I was a fool for moving out of province and suggesting other people do the same (rather than going to University of New Brunswick) because all universities are essentially the same and it doesn't matter.

I thought they were just wrong because of how important University reputation is to Canadian employers.

Apparently they're wrong because other universities can't even hire professors with the intellectual capacity not to be outsmarted by changing font. I have to empty out my soul every time I write an essay, for God's sake. An English prof I had once told us that she could tell the difference between a 2.0 double space and a 1.75 double space and we would all fail if we used the latter. What is this madness?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9528 on: May 16, 2010, 04:34:35 pm »

Got caught in Tropes after linking it. Lead me to Red vs. Blue. Man, despite it being the product of Halo (machinima), it's still funny as hell. I gotta watch that series again. Plus, I didn't know Monty Oum (creator of Haloid and Dead Fantasy) joined Rooster Teeth. That made me even happier and more motivated to re-watch, and watch the entire Blood Gulch Chronicles.

EDIT:
And all my saves are finally backed up, and without a hitch too. HUZZAH!

Didn't realize I have a crap-ton of savegame data on my computer. But yeah, Steam saves are included in the package. :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:41:37 pm by Itnetlolor »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: May 16, 2010, 04:36:08 pm »

It backfired, eh?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: May 16, 2010, 04:37:19 pm »

I apparently have 26% of posts in GD.

Wrong column =(
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: May 16, 2010, 06:18:48 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: May 16, 2010, 06:20:23 pm »

Went out and got Psychonauts, a very fun game
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: May 16, 2010, 09:18:47 pm »

Went to my cousin's wedding this weekend.  I made tarts, and was asked if I'm a professional pastry chef.  I also got to dance a lot with my father and ended up singing "The Phantom of the Opera" with the groom, since I was the only woman around who had memorized the libretto.

As for the actual wedding, I won't go into detail because my family is a bit insane.  Let's just say that the bride walked two hours late because her mother hadn't finished the dress until then, and ended up having to enlist the help of a. a carpenter and b. a farmer.

Everything was beautiful in the end, but... it was pretty tense.

I was also invited to go work on an organic farm for a few weeks, so I'll probably do that :D  I'm so excited ~

Oh, and I've read the first 200 pages of A Game of Thrones.  It's ridiculously good.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: May 16, 2010, 10:28:56 pm »

HELL YES! Over 100 points in Extreme-G 1 meltdown tournament on hard. Never before was possible for me before I discovered slide.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9537 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:28 pm »

Nice work.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:22 pm »

The Illusionist.

Awesome movie.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: May 16, 2010, 11:29:31 pm »

Went to ring for a job. Got the dial tone, and then it picked up, and, 'lo and behold, the first words I heard were 'Strike from the Sky, Brothers!'.

I immediately had the thought of 'Fuck Yes, I must get this job.'

But apparently I'd left the cordless on the hook from the last time I rang someone, and sat it next to my computer while the DOW II intro was playing. But still, it was quite a funny moment.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 13326