Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15856680 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #9345 on: May 12, 2010, 03:48:32 pm »

I dunno about portal. I mean, the comedy was alright, but nothing new and the puzzles all felt underwhelming, like one big tutorial. I played it once and have had no inclination to play it again. Half life 2 is the same way, it's competent but pretty freaking generic. Everything I ever did in it I've done in other games, sometimes better. The story is alright but honestly I can't force myself to give a damn about the characters because I hardly fucking know them. They're just incidental whiny roadblocks which force you to walk slowly around for about 5 minutes while they assault you with their woes.  When Alyx got impaled the only thing I felt was annoyance because I knew we'd have to go through some big stupid sequence in order to deus ex machina her back in, because while her father can get skull stabbed and no one cares we really can't let the only pair of tits who doesn't betray you die.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: May 12, 2010, 03:51:16 pm »

I think the big thing about Half Life 2 was that "Everything I ever did in it I've done in other games, sometimes better" came after Half Life 2, or most of it did.

EDIT: STEAM AND VISTA HAVE COMBINED TO TRY AND PISS ME OFF TO THE POINT OF BLIND RAGE WHAT IS THIS SHIT VISTA WHY CAN'T I ACCESS THAT WHY WON'T YOU LET ME IT'S MY FUCKING COMPUTER AAAAAAAAAA

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9347 on: May 12, 2010, 03:56:07 pm »

I think the big thing about Half Life 2 was that "Everything I ever did in it I've done in other games, sometimes better" came after Half Life 2, or most of it did.

EDIT: STEAM AND VISTA HAVE COMBINED TO TRY AND PISS ME OFF TO THE POINT OF BLIND RAGE WHAT IS THIS SHIT VISTA WHY CAN'T I ACCESS THAT WHY WON'T YOU LET ME IT'S MY FUCKING COMPUTER AAAAAAAAAA
Not really. Half life was innovative but half life 2 just seemed to be more of the same except with nicer graphics and a physics engine they seem way too eager to show off. You shoot dudes with guns and they fall down, you drive a vehicle around and run people over, etc etc. Its just old shooter tropes done well but nothing special.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: May 12, 2010, 03:58:04 pm »

I'm not really sure how to explain it, a recurring problem for me. I wrote up this big dumbass sappy post somewhere but I'll be damned if I go look it up. Suffice it to say that it doesn't bother me if someone has a differing opinion about a game I like.

EDIT: I agree with you about Portal being one big tutorial, or at least a tutorial for most of the game. I was listening to the commentary track (a fantastic idea, by the way, could stand to be in more games, Valve can be innovative when they want to be) and they actually called it that. Yeah. Couldn't have made the opening puzzles any more interesting Valve? Because having played about the first ten levels (as I am finally now doing, no download time hooray for demos) it gets boring real quick.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:08:40 pm by Jackrabbit »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: May 12, 2010, 04:10:00 pm »

Aww man, quite harshing my buzz, man.  I just watched that sonic video and I'm still feeling it...  Man.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:14:33 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: May 12, 2010, 04:12:24 pm »

Sweet....guess I know what I'm downloading tonight.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: May 12, 2010, 04:16:38 pm »

Portal... ?  Awesome3.  Suddenly I have an urge to play Audiosurf, though...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: May 12, 2010, 04:52:40 pm »

Today was the first day in about a month when I had the opportunity to sit down and get a haircut.

All I can say is that I'm pretty freshly shaved, and happy about it.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: May 12, 2010, 05:01:23 pm »

Today was the first day in about a month when I had the opportunity to sit down and get a haircut.

All I can say is that I'm pretty freshly shaved, and happy about it.

I've been cutting my own hair for like 4 years now.  I started off just using clippers (i.e., buzz cuts), but last year I graduated to scissors and I've gotten pretty decent at dual-wielding them with a hand mirror.  Anyway, last week I'd just cut my hair and I was talking to my grandmother, who knows I cut my own hair, and she said "Oh, you're getting your hair cut by professionals again?"  And I was all booyah grandma!

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: May 12, 2010, 05:42:19 pm »

Portal... ?  Awesome3.  Suddenly I have an urge to play Audiosurf, though...

Awesome3?

fizzle

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: May 12, 2010, 05:43:32 pm »

Why not play both at the SAME TIME?!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: May 12, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »

I finally figured out what my problem with Steam is.  Sort of.  I don't actually know what it is, but apparently it's a problem on my end.  Now I just need to find my XP disc and reformat.

Also, playing Silent Hunter 3.  I died.  I guess it was a pretty fun way to die though.  After running a gauntlet of depth charges for an hour, I tried a fancy maneuver and got hit again.  We didn't die, but we took on enough water that we very slowly sunk.  Then hit bottom.  "Well, at least we can try to repair down here or something.  And they'll stop hunting me..."  Engine noises from overhead.  "What?  Those motherfuckers can't be crazy enough to still be trying to kill me.  I'm sunk, aren't I?"  Boom boom dead.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: May 12, 2010, 05:49:50 pm »

"Make sure there is nothing salvage. Finally, my father can be avenged!"
"A U-Boat killed your father?"
"Yes, he was the greatest shipping boat of the English Chanel."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: May 12, 2010, 06:38:17 pm »

Awesome3?

fizzle

Shaddup.  I was going to write awesome awesome awesome, and then I decided to introduce notation.

Why not play both at the SAME TIME?!

I... hmm.  Need to go find another computer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: May 12, 2010, 06:40:30 pm »

Wouldn't that be 3(awesome)? Because Awesome3 would be awesomeawesomeawesome, with no spaces.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 13326