Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15871452 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #8760 on: May 02, 2010, 07:14:14 pm »

I'm watching a LP of Call of Cthulhu.

DON'T GO IN THE HOTEL.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: May 02, 2010, 07:21:12 pm »

Tell me you're sorry.

I seriously don't know what i'm meant to be apologising about.

Fine then, I don't care.

1.  I'm not save scumming.

This is probably a good idea.  You can easily get addicted to save-scumming, when watching your squaddies drop like the nameless flies they are is half the point of the game.  You should make occasional back-saves though, in case you get base-raided by a snakeman battleship in March, like what happened to me once.

... I'm playing on Begineer, but...
2.  I have never won so why not start easier?

This is just dumb though.  The game is virtually the same at all difficulty levels, especially in combat.  But at Superhuman, the AI tries to play by some strategy, so it's actually worth playing.

As for advice, I have very little.  Make medkits your first priority - casualties are to be expected, but nothing is more infuriating than watching your kickass Captain bleed out from a 1-point wound.  Blow the crap out of all structures all the time - if it isn't Elerium or one of your own squaddies, it is worthless to you, including civilians.  Establish crossing lanes of fire, and always have a back-up squad.  Get power armor as soon as possible.  Don't even bother attacking bases or large ships until you have that armor.

Yeah I'm researching all that stuff.

Also,
@Janet:
Cool avatar!  :]

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: May 02, 2010, 07:22:10 pm »

@Janet:
Cool avatar!  :]

That thing is adorable.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: May 02, 2010, 07:22:49 pm »

I'm watching a LP of Call of Cthulhu.

DON'T GO IN THE HOTEL.
Just finished "Attack of the Fishmen" in that game. One of my favorite game moments ever, just below the SHODAN reveal and beating Ace Combat 0: The Belkan War.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: May 02, 2010, 07:44:03 pm »

Tell me you're sorry.

I seriously don't know what i'm meant to be apologising about.

Fine then, I don't care.

That wasnt arrogance.

I have NO IDEA WHAT I HAVE SAID TO YOU.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8765 on: May 02, 2010, 09:59:28 pm »

Just got MW4. Gonna blow up some mechs.

EDIT:
Piece of crap. The install must've noticed traces of my old copy I tried to install previously and asked for disc 2. CRAP!

I uninstalled it and now I can't reinstall the torrent. NO!!!!

EDIT EDIT:
Make matters worse. the other mech game that came along with it got uninstalled with MW4. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Okay, AT1 is still there, it's just not on the list. I dunno about online gaming it though. I think I can access it through the game. But still...

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Okay, I'm a dumbass. I forgot to update to the latest release, both CD and Download. :facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 01:44:46 am by Itnetlolor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: May 02, 2010, 10:07:49 pm »

Holy shit that's right... MW4 is free now... I gotta get myself that later.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: May 02, 2010, 10:10:54 pm »

The MW4 download gives me a 404 so I can't do it, oh well.

In other news...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: May 02, 2010, 10:24:58 pm »

AAGGHH BRIGHT COLOURS MY EYES...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: May 02, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »

The MW4 download gives me a 404 so I can't do it, oh well.

In other news...
[awesome picture]

oh sonic, you were so loved, then graphics destroyed you.

and on the topic of x-com:

superhuman is significantly different than beginner. alien's resistances change quite a bit. While this makes a sensible change like sectoids taking more than 2 shots to kill on average it also beefs the harder alien units into near invincible dreadnoughts. Cyber disks and sectopods take overwhelming amount of heavy weapons to take down. Mutons and crysilids pretty much can barely be killed with conventional weapons. and the amount of aliens in missions increases which makes it necessary to bring extra ammo.

Superhuman is certainly do-able but it is certainly not the kind of experience a less experienced player would want. unless they want to lose at everything.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: May 02, 2010, 10:33:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm excited to see this, and I'm not normally into anime. On a related note, I'm going to see if my local obscure movie store has Watership Down
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: May 02, 2010, 11:17:20 pm »

Why does that look familiar... maybe a trailer somewhere?

Anyway, I've been in a crap mood, but my friend swung by today, and we hit an awesome used book store downtown. I wish I could upload some photos, since it was awesome. The shelves were twice my height, and all crammed together so that you could barely fit one person in the aisles... it was a labyrinthine library, full of leather-bound, yellow-paged novels, references, anthologies, etc... and it was absolutely huge! I found a book on mammals of the Americas, filled with amazing ink-sketches, a few photo-heavy books on world history, dealing specifically with lesser-known cultures of Central America and Asia, and an anthology of Foxfire Magazine, which I've been looking everywhere for.

Foxfire basically records, via first-person accounts, the folklore, skills, practices, and historical knowledge of rural America. It talks about how to attract Purple Martins to your property, to rid the land of insects and predatory birds, how to smelt and smith iron, how to dowse for water, traditional folktales and lore, how to build a mandolin, and all sorts of things... it's like a window into a part of American cultural heritage that is rapidly disappearing... and some of the traditions that form the very foundations of civilization.

We also stopped by this tea place, and got bubble tea... it was a cream-based iced tea that had these marbles of tapioca in it, along with papaya and green tea. It made my day a lot better.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: May 03, 2010, 01:41:43 am »

Hey. Something that will make me happy. Someone find the fullsized version of this Image.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8773 on: May 03, 2010, 01:48:28 am »

Looks like it may have come from DeviantArt.com as far as I can consider. I TinEyed for it, and nada. It's gotta be DA.

Have fun scanning that gallery.

EDIT:
DA: Not enough time to filter through that mess. Lots of images I cannot unsee now.
Google: NADA
TinEye: No luck
MSPA: No luck either. I'm unfamiliar with their boards and what exact terms to search for. The art thread is huge.

Sorry, can't find it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:38:07 am by Itnetlolor »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: May 03, 2010, 01:56:34 am »

It's probably also on the MSPA forums. I searched for a while, but because of my poor searching skills and also laziness, I couldn't find it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 13326