Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15874387 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #8700 on: May 01, 2010, 01:45:23 pm »

I think the story behind the account was the bread-man started a forum game where people could tell him to do stuff on the internet, someone suggested he create a account and post in the exact same thread.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: May 01, 2010, 03:05:42 pm »

Meh, I like browsing 1d4chan and /tg/, sue me.

Anyway, I'm going into the wild!  Soon anyway, see you guys if I don't die in a bus.

EDIT:
I haven't left yet, I'm sure it'll be soon anyway.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:19:17 pm by ToonyMan »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: May 01, 2010, 04:27:24 pm »

I don't think I've been on the internet more than an hour today, I've been doing something.  To not be sitting around feels wonderful.

Went out and got Atlas Shrugged and Brave New World, found a 1930 printing of All Quiet on the Western Front in my grandparents' garage (Not worth anything, but I have a soft spot for old things), add to that Utopia, the Bible, and miscellaneous books, and I've got the beginnings of a book shelf.  Gettin' cultured.
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: May 01, 2010, 04:29:06 pm »

I've been wanting to watch Brave New World, where did you find it?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: May 01, 2010, 04:35:06 pm »

In Cthulhus case, I assume a bookstore. Since it's a book.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: May 01, 2010, 04:45:04 pm »

Went out and got Atlas Shrugged and Brave New World, found a 1930 printing of All Quiet on the Western Front in my grandparents' garage (Not worth anything, but I have a soft spot for old things), add to that Utopia, the Bible, and miscellaneous books, and I've got the beginnings of a book shelf.  Gettin' cultured.

Those can't be the only kultured books you own.  I'll admit, I haven't read even half of the books I have laying around, but I've got a ton of them.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: May 01, 2010, 04:47:21 pm »

I plan, once I'm living on my own, to have a bookshelf full of dense and cultured books, all of which I've read.  I'm not buying more until I finish the ones I have, to avoid the book version of Gray Plastic Syndrome.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:50:37 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: May 01, 2010, 06:18:04 pm »

Haha wow, I heard it was a movie , so I instantly went from that. Silly me, maybe it's worth reading instead
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: May 01, 2010, 06:20:03 pm »

Those can't be the only kultured books you own.  I'll admit, I haven't read even half of the books I have laying around, but I've got a ton of them.

Same here.
I have so many books, I don't even know how many or what I have.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: May 01, 2010, 06:21:52 pm »

I don't think I've been on the internet more than an hour today, I've been doing something.  To not be sitting around feels wonderful.

I loved Brave New World. It's like the direct inverse of The Handmaiden's Tale.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: May 01, 2010, 08:03:04 pm »

Went with a sword in regular clothing. :) 'Twas fun.
I use Borgle when I'm logging in from other computers, by the way.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: May 01, 2010, 08:16:22 pm »

I bought Fallout 3.
Win.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: May 01, 2010, 08:46:52 pm »

Yeah, this.  I have an entire damned bookshelf, floor to ceiling, of kultured books that I haven't read.  I think I've actually read maybe a fifth of the books I have in my room--but this is partially because there's a high selection pressure against being read and disliked, and I've read a lot of really terrible novels.

Bah.  Oh, well... vacation project ~ !  I'm reading House of the Dead right now.  It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53:36 pm »

I've bought so goddamn many books on Middle Eastern politics, it's not even funny.  Every few months, I stop by a bookstore and buy the ones that look prescient, take them home, and never read them.  I should put together a list of all my books, and set a project to myself to read them in some order.  Figures that the only novels I've read are my incomplete X-Wing series and a couple books from an old English course.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: May 01, 2010, 11:00:58 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 13326