Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15876215 times)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #8400 on: April 25, 2010, 10:43:30 pm »

I have a throwing knife, also know as a letter opener. But I can damage walls real good when I throw it.

That counts right?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: April 25, 2010, 10:46:32 pm »

I have... kitchen knives.

...This discussion makes me look like less of a man than Janet.

In fact, it makes nigh everyone look like less of a man than Janet.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: April 25, 2010, 10:49:19 pm »

I have a Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Are... are you one of Those People?
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: April 25, 2010, 10:50:43 pm »

Even though I don't own a gun, I have shot a sniper rifle and various handguns.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: April 25, 2010, 10:54:47 pm »

My favorite phallic bladed symbol I own is actually fairly modest. It is a wooden, weeaboo training sword that lacks a cross guard (bought it at a convention when I was a teenager). It is black and made of pressurized wood so it is nice, hard and dull. It is my favorite because it was the first thing I bought with my own money and signified my first experience of financial independence. I also keep it around because I could use it to fend off a home invader if needed.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8405 on: April 25, 2010, 10:55:57 pm »

A pair of BB guns (pistols, CO2 powered and a spring-op one that looks more realistic (to psych out anyone if need be) Heavy enough to be a blunt instrument as well). Don't worry, I don't fire on live targets; okay, maybe the occasional spider, but only if they're impossible to reach by any other means, or they're significantly big (and yes, I did get a couple kill-shots first few shots).

As a more proper weapon, I can say I can use an old wallpaper tube (used up) to effectively knock someone out with. A good 1.5 lbs, about 4.5 ft. long, and about 1 cm. thick walls. In good hands, this thing can hurt you badly. Not bad to train with using swords and such. If I were to encounter someone, I can crack some ribs with some well-placed direct shots.

I have used actual pistols before one time my cousin visited (gun range BTW). It took some time to get used to the real thing (I prefer revolvers. More reliable, not as scary recoil. I prefer small heat waves than risking bruising/breaking my thumbs by the loading chamber on recoil.), but it didn't take me too long to get some good shots in my first time. About an hour and/or maybe 50 bullets to start hitting my target more consistently. I'm not half bad at grouping, it's my accuracy that sucks.

Personally, I am more into non-lethals, so paintball guns please. I'm not half-bad with those. I can hit my target from a good 50 ft. away with rifle-style ones to within a foot of where I aim.

EDIT:
There's a pretty kickass lightning show outside with some ambient thunder right now. Neat. It looks like the lightning is purple. Been like that all night since I left work. And there was a massive one which looked like a giant electrified tree. Thunder lasted a good 15 seconds. ...And upon this typing, a good 5-second flash of lightning just made daylight. Wow.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:15:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8406 on: April 25, 2010, 11:05:54 pm »

Oh god pictures of the Bro time are gonna surface soon if the guy I think took those pictures took those pictures. Although they have a sweet video of a guy taking half a watermelon out in mid-air with his knife.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: April 25, 2010, 11:07:32 pm »

People underestimate the capabilities of tack darts.
I mentioned them to a friend of mine and he gave a quick dialogue of a scenario with them:
"Hands in the air! This is a robbery."
"Go home kid, that's just a Ner— HOLY SHIT! MY FACE!"

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: April 25, 2010, 11:08:05 pm »

A BB gun (pistol, CO2 powered; and a spring-op one that looks more realistic (to psych out anyone if need be) Heavy enough to be a blunt instrument as well). Don't worry, I don't fire on live targets.

As a more proper weapon, I can say I can use an old wallpaper tube (used up) to effectively knock someone out with. A good 1.5 lbs, about 4.5 ft. long, and about 1 cm. thick walls. In good hands, this thing can hurt you badly. Not bad to train with using swords and such. If I were to encounter someone, I can crack some ribs with some well-placed direct shots.

I have used actual pistols before one time my cousin visited (gun range BTW). It took some time to get used to the real thing, but it didn't take me too long to get some good shots in my first time. About an hour and/or maybe 50 bullets to start hitting my target more consistently.

Personally, I am more into non-lethals, so paintball guns please. I'm not half-bad with those. I can hit my target from a good 50 ft. away with rifle-style ones to within a foot of where I aim.

EDIT:
There's a pretty kickass lightning show outside with some ambient thunder right now. Neat. It looks like the lightning is purple. Been like that all night since I left work.

I've always wanted to have one of those bb pistols. We have a bb rifle at my parent's and it's fun to play around with. We had(have) a squirrel problem there though and we tried using the bb rifle to remedy it but it failed entirely to deter them. We upgraded to a .22 rifle and I have managed a few "kills" on my visits there. would have been more if my dad/brothers were not idiots and had to "set me up right" for the shots which caused the squirrels to flee every time. I only managed to get them when I did it on my own.

Fired a real rifle deep in the back a bit. Nice hunting rifle, cant say much more about it, think it used 5.52? is that a caliber?

When I was much younger my dad let my try firing his hunting shotgun a couple times. First time it bruised my shoulder good and I completely missed my target. Couple years later we tried again with the same result. Better than my "stronger" brother who launched the gun several meters behind him and knocked himself off his feet.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: April 25, 2010, 11:13:53 pm »

Firing guns is fun. I went to a shooting range just outside Las Vegas a couple years ago, and was able to fire a fully-automatic variant of the M-16. Not exactly sure what the designation was, but yeah. It was a lot of fun. The recoil was surprising at first, but I figured out how to control it reasonably quickly.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: April 25, 2010, 11:14:28 pm »

When I was much younger my dad let my try firing his hunting shotgun a couple times. First time it bruised my shoulder good and I completely missed my target. Couple years later we tried again with the same result. Better than my "stronger" brother who launched the gun several meters behind him and knocked himself off his feet.

I don't wanna know...
Anyway, I have trouble with guns because I'm a lefty.
I can hold onto them just fine.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: April 25, 2010, 11:25:02 pm »

I don't wanna know...
Anyway, I have trouble with guns because I'm a lefty.
I can hold onto them just fine.

?did you find something dirty about my post or something? I'm confused. My dad likes to hunt partridge. He is amazing at it, no weird gizmos or hunting habits, just walk quietly along a path way out in the middle of nowhere, spot them, shoot them. If they run, he chases them into the thick underbrush and shoots them there. It reminds me of dwarven hunting kinda.

Once the partridge flew up to a branch in a tree over a steep difficult bit of terrain. He shot it but it fell into the thick underbrush of a 70 degree angle hill and he was ready to leave it behind for difficulty of retrieval. I stepped up though and touted my prowess at my ability to get from point A to point B with little difficulty. Within 10 minutes I was back on the path with our successfully hunted bush chicken.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: April 25, 2010, 11:28:39 pm »

It was more that I was commenting on how epic a failure that was.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: April 25, 2010, 11:32:55 pm »

I own a .22. Nothing special, but I love flaunting the Second Amendment.

One of my friends had a .45 pistol that was from Vietnam. Thing kicked like a horse. Nearly made a neat dent in mine skull, it did.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: April 25, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »

Heh, my dad's got a .45. Love that thing. Looks so... badass.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 13326