Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15876284 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #8385 on: April 25, 2010, 08:12:31 pm »

*puzzled headscratch*

*puzzled brofist*
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8386 on: April 25, 2010, 08:43:03 pm »

Work was pleasantly slow for once. Closed on time, and just as I left, I got picked up immediately. Today's timings went very well.

And I also recreated one of my old models in LDD. I forgot how nifty some ideas I had gotten.

Here it is:

I'm currently working on making an old airship design out of digital Lego. I might have to pull up my old 3DS render (what I had so far) as a second reference. It's rather large. I just got the bottom deck done.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:46:06 pm by Itnetlolor »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: April 25, 2010, 09:06:12 pm »

Yo you wonderful bastards, I'm back. Two days in the Shenandoah Mountains backpacking, bushwhacking and camping on top of a mountain. Our only breaks were for lunch and setting up the camp on top of the mountain. But let me begin from the beginning.

So we drove about two hours to the base of the mountain and reached it at around 10:00 in the morning. We checked our bags, packed everything and packed some tarps, because the weather forecast called for rain all weekend. It was at this time our leader brought the 16 of us together to say something.
 "Alright, all of us are between the ages of 17 and 25. So I thought it fitting that we have a theme for this trip. The theme is 'becoming a true man.' Now can anybody tell me what is the one thing that every man has? Except from the obvious, of course."
 So we gave our little guesses, like sweet beards and such, when he revealed his first surprise.
 "No, the one thing that every man has is a
Spoiler: Sweetass Knife (click to show/hide)

He gave all 16 of us sweetass knives. Once we had all secured our sweetass knives we began up the mountain. The clouds looked like it would rain at any moment, and many of our people had hot ponchos on. Jokes were cracked at their expense, and they would reply about how when it rains they will be the ones laughing. A lunch break by a stream and two hours of hiking later the clouds cleared out and it was just sunny blue skies.
 The path we would take was straightforward. There was a trail around the base of a mountain. We would travel to one side of the mountain, bushwhack up one side to the peak, camp on the top, and bushwhack back down to the trail on the other side. After two hours of hiking we decided to begin our off-trail adventures. It was only about 45 minutes of moving uphill past excessively large piles of logs and bramble thickets with about five guys with shorts before we reached the peak. It was here our second surprise was revealed. There were three leaders on this trip, so they all put down their packs and addressed us."
 "Alright, we are all basically bros here. And we love you guys so much we prepared something grand. Have you ever climbed a mountain and just wanted," All three of them reached into their bags and pulled out the surprise, "A watermelon?"
 And behold, three huge seedless watermelons they lugged all the way up the mountain. Have you ever climbed a mountain and just wanted a watermelon? We had that. Oh lordy did we have that. After 30 minutes of enjoying that we found a good campsite on top of the mountain and made camp around 7:00. We had dinner of sausages and broccoli with a desert of hot chocolate and marshmallows before the light was gone. At that point, with the fire raging, we did Bro stuff I cannot say in public simply because of how Bro and slightly lame it was. Let me just say it involved being shirtless and was in every way not gay(Literal use of the word here, not the derogatory).

After a night under rainproof tarps listening to the rain and having about a foot of seeing distance because a cloud had gone around us we woke to a clear blue sunny morning. We broke camp and began our trek down the mountain. We climbed down 3000 feet of incredibly steep hills filled with loose rocks, downed logs that were slippery after last nights rain and even more brambles than before. We had traveled 8 miles of this stuff in the time we could have gone 20 on a trail. And apparently we got lost, as the planned path down was supposed to be downhill all the way to a brook which had the path next to it. We ended up climbing up two 500 foot hills before finding the stream and the path, simply because our map was complete crap for not noticing those hills.
 The rest of the trip was uneventful except for swimming in a stream about as cold as the Nist Akath winters in liquid form. It was here our final surprise was revealed. Somehow without any of us seeing it the leaders had brought along several-dozen bottles of root beer and hid them behind a rock in the stream. After hiking through all that crap and with the sun beating down on us those cold ones were like heaven on earth.

The rest of the trip home was rather uneventful, except for one guy who slipped on a rock and dropped his knife in a deep pool of cold as death water. You could see chest hairs grow on him as he swam for it. And my god that mountain was covered in sassafras. By the end of the hike we had replaced the weight of food eaten with their roots.

So yeah, first ever time backpacking. My feet and shoulders are sore as hell, but ultimately it was a good trip. I really do feel like a better person because of it. No more of this shy fuckery.

Duke is back.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: April 25, 2010, 09:18:12 pm »

That's not a knife, that's practically a machete. :o

Welcome back, Duke. Hope the rain didn't tarnish your helm of gelt.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: April 25, 2010, 09:21:21 pm »

Meh, I've seen some pretty big machetes.
That thing is still a knife.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: April 25, 2010, 09:26:11 pm »

Indeed, a 6.5 inch blade does not make a machete. But it is still a decent knife. The largest I've ever had was on a swiss army knife around three inches long and only a half-inch wide, so this seems like a giant.

But yeah, it was expected to rain all weekend. It only rained that night, and we were all protected. Our leader was slightly freaking out over it too.
 "Where the fuck is the rain?"

"Dude, if it doesn't rain over the weekend I'll believe in a God."
 "I've become a believer!"
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: April 25, 2010, 09:36:39 pm »

I once had a machete with a 14" blade.
It got all rusty though.
Nasty looking thing with the large blade and a hook on the end.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: April 25, 2010, 10:15:12 pm »

snip

Duke is back.

that sounds like a ton of fun. I wish there were mountains around here so I could do that too.

I once had a machete with a 14" blade.
It got all rusty though.
Nasty looking thing with the large blade and a hook on the end.

My dad has a machete that is about 2 feet long (24 inches), practically a thin short-sword, it is an excellent tool. We also have 6 or 7 axes of varying sizes, three chainsaws (again, varying sizes), a gas powered wood splitter, a wood chipper, two ATV's and a small trailer for the ATV's. Fuck paying for firewood in the country side of Ontario, we own 11 acres.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: April 25, 2010, 10:18:50 pm »

... aaaaaand now this discussion is about bladed phallic symbols.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: April 25, 2010, 10:20:31 pm »

What about a bladed phallus?
Or is that too far?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: April 25, 2010, 10:21:39 pm »

I have a Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: April 25, 2010, 10:23:29 pm »

What about a bladed phallus?
Or is that too far?

That depends on several things.

Also, how would you sharpen that?

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: April 25, 2010, 10:26:06 pm »

... aaaaaand now this discussion is about bladed phallic symbols.

sorry, I'm just proud of the little set-up my dad has going on at home. The manual of the wood chipper stated "We believe the wood chipper will be a positive addition to your forestry operation." It made us happy.

I am jealous though as I do not have a freaking sweet knife for general purpose use.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: April 25, 2010, 10:36:45 pm »

I have a few nice knives. And some nice guns. They make me happy. :P
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:05 pm »

The closest thing I have to actual firepower is a heavily modded Nerf Firefly that shoots tack darts.
Otherwise, it's just a bunch of blades.
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 13326