Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15883205 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #8160 on: April 21, 2010, 10:08:24 am »

Yesterday, I bought The Guild on GOG.com with the last of my money I had on a prepaid card. I thought "Hm... I think I should've used that money on something else." and began thinking that this game would disappoint me.

Damn, did it not! ;D I played it all day, yesterday! :D

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8161 on: April 21, 2010, 12:10:12 pm »

Did my usual rounds of reading my news and came across this. Somehow it cracked me up.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: April 21, 2010, 02:14:01 pm »

My writing style is... odd.  I start with just the characters in my head, then gradually add the beginning, ending, general plot and things that should happen along the way (yeah, usually in that order).  I then start and see how it goes... which means actually writing each part feels like setting up and shooting a scene in a movie, with exact technicalities and details being decided.

Oh, and I read all my dialogue out loud.  I do get VERY strange looks for it in English class.

Anyway, the thing that made me happy today:
In my Go club today I sat down and I sat down and started looking at a set of puzzles someone had got from a Chinese book.  They were obviously in Chinese, but he was able to tell me the objective of each one.  After a very long time trialling different methods and testing all possible responses, we managed to find the solution to one of the puzzles on the page.  I asked:
"So what grading is this puzzle?"
"Well, according to the header at the start of this page, 'Elementary Level'".
:P.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: April 21, 2010, 02:46:11 pm »

I was gonna post this in life advice but... Hey that's more the "Show everyone you're a social nutcase" board so I'm posting this here. Where I know people that might be able to chime in.

I've wanted to... Write for some time. Just... Write. Like story's or things. Novels maybe? I have the creative urge but not the willpower it seems. Basically... I can't make myself do anything. I just stare at my paper or monitor, all the ideas wiped from my head. It's like a block or something and it's starting to bother me as I really desperately need a way to express myself.

I think I need something to push me. Like Exercises or something like that. Or prompts. But as I always notice when it's time to do something about it... I don't know where to start!

So if anyone has any advice or something I'd feel really happy. Just anything.

Have you ever tried drawing? It does help me once in a while when I feel like that.

(Although technically, it's pixel art, not drawing, but the same principle applies I guess.)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: April 21, 2010, 03:31:01 pm »

You're awesome Vector!  :]
LOL ToonyMan you so funny.
Are you checking your email Strong Bad?
ALSO YES SBEMAILS ARE HAPPENING AGAIN.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: April 21, 2010, 03:45:40 pm »

My writing style is... odd.  I start with just the characters in my head, then gradually add the beginning, ending, general plot and things that should happen along the way (yeah, usually in that order).  I then start and see how it goes... which means actually writing each part feels like setting up and shooting a scene in a movie, with exact technicalities and details being decided.

I think that's how I create my stories as well. so it cannot be that crazy if others do it too... unless you and I are the only ones who do it that way.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: April 21, 2010, 03:46:22 pm »

I think that's how I create my stories as well. so it cannot be that crazy if others do it too... unless you and I are the only ones who do it that way.

Same here actually.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: April 21, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »

Oh hey, cganya got... err... his/her avatar back.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: April 21, 2010, 03:49:27 pm »

Oh hey, cganya got... err... his/her avatar back.

yeah I made a thread about that in the life advice section. photobucket was being a douche so I went to tinypic. tinypic let me crash on the couch for awhile while I iron things out with photobucket. I cant really stay too long though because photobucket still has all my stuff.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: April 21, 2010, 03:51:19 pm »

Me and Tinypic have a less that cordial relation. Someone on my IP uploaded goatse to it (I suspect the neighbors, this'd be before we actually password protected our internet) and now we're not talking.

Take me back, Tinypic! Take me back!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: April 21, 2010, 03:52:38 pm »

Ouch....
Anyway, better get to class. Having internet all over campus is nice.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: April 21, 2010, 03:56:58 pm »

I presume it was goatse. It never actually said, just that the picture was disgusting and broke the site rules. There's thousands on the internet, but what picture comes to mind?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: April 21, 2010, 04:03:37 pm »

I've been having a steady relationship with Flickr for a couple of years now. Provided I throw out my old junk every now and again, I can do whatever I like.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: April 21, 2010, 04:05:18 pm »

This is what Dwarf Fortress is for, it's to code the sickening images for the young untrained eyes.

Spoiler: Also, JACKIE ALWAYS OK (click to show/hide)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: April 21, 2010, 04:46:30 pm »

So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 13326