Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15884695 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #8100 on: April 19, 2010, 04:22:34 am »

I've been doing yet another archive binge the whole day. :3
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: April 19, 2010, 07:21:41 am »

I spent about half an hour getting my bed in a condition acceptable for sleeping in. Don't ask.

Worth it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: April 19, 2010, 09:38:07 am »

A virus from a school computer wiped out my USB drive, along with my report due on Monday. It's four pages analyzing A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings. It's go time.

You can totally do it man.  Go beyond the very possible!  Believe in us, who believe in you!

I remember when a floppy disk I had got infected by a virus or something from a school computer, back when we still used floppies.  When I finally isolated that disk as the culprit, I took it outside and hacked it apart with an axe.  It probably had nothing to do with the virus itself, but it sure felt good at the time.
We require an anti-virus program that lets us hack apart virtual personifications of any large virus we might want to remove while the program removes it.

But onto the point:

BOOYASHAKALAKA!
 Finished a crummy paper, printed it and assembled all the other crap I needed to present with it with just seconds to spare before the professor closed and locked the door.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: April 19, 2010, 10:31:20 am »

I spent about half an hour getting my bed in a condition acceptable for sleeping in. Don't ask.

Worth it.

Boom-chicka-wow-wow?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: April 19, 2010, 11:29:20 am »

Today is Velociraptor Awareness Day. This makes me happy, because we all need to be more prepared for raptor attacks.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: April 19, 2010, 11:33:35 am »

I made a compliment to a girl of interesting content:

I like your arms muscles. You're so strong.

The reply as expected was much laugh.  :D

I love making girls laugh. On the other hand I'm a bastard for many reasons :(.
(Like doing everything to be gentlemanly, but having no girlfriend.)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: April 19, 2010, 12:21:21 pm »

I've got work as a freelance Photoshopper/graphics designer.

WHEEEEE.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: April 19, 2010, 12:40:50 pm »

I just got bumped up 2 weeks for my appointment with Academic Advising, so I can sign up for Spring/Summer classes on time!

Education ho!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: April 19, 2010, 02:16:39 pm »

Worth it.

Boom-chicka-wow-wow?

Yeah, sure, let's go with that.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: April 19, 2010, 03:01:50 pm »

I have begun my awake-dreaming again. basically I play out a story in my mind, much like watching a movie. While not complete beginning to end stories, they are very inspirational. Normally they come at bad times like when I'm trying to listen to something important, or trying to stay awake. But today I had them while walking around with nothing better to do.

Maybe I'll get around to writing them out this time. Well, maybe after my X-Com LP is finished.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8110 on: April 19, 2010, 05:54:52 pm »

I've got work as a freelance Photoshopper/graphics designer.

WHEEEEE.
Hey, that's my line.

But seriously, today I just tested out the new equipment I bought for the landscaping part of my new work plan by working on my yard. I didn't expect to finish up so quickly. So it was just weed pulling, but the gloves I got are really effective. No blisters, fraction of effort, yard looks nice again. I hope that won't cut into my income when working with a team. With a slightly better income than my still current job, I hope I get some good hours. I might have to slow down a bit to get a reasonable income. I work too fast.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I might actually enjoy the new direction I'll be working in, graphic design work will be done every now and then (provided I can consistently find some). But following my overall plan, I should be able to run well enough on my own (primarily freelance Graphic Design) that I no longer have to work at the deli. Landscaping for some much needed exercise, and graphic design for the better income/cool down. Hopefully the difference will make up for no longer (eventually) working at an hourly job (aside semi-freelance landscaping). Hopefully I'll get some good clients/prospects. I might start with some simple 1-shot tasks before taking on more time-consuming projects or jobs that require some serious attention (and (earn) a definitely better income).

At least I started rolling up the progress ramp. ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:59:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: April 19, 2010, 06:05:53 pm »

Itnet, look to Cracked. They need us Photoshoppers. Pay is $25 per image they use, so not great. But they're not looking for A*** work, just image/charts that sum up the topic of the page.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8112 on: April 19, 2010, 06:26:46 pm »

Itnet, look to Cracked. They need us Photoshoppers. Pay is $25 per image they use, so not great. But they're not looking for A*** work, just image/charts that sum up the topic of the page.
I might look into that. In the meantime, I've been looking into a site my sister introduced me to called oDesk. It seems promising. Decent job search engine, mostly done online (negotiations and all), auto-updating site resume as you work (with the occasional review by previous oDesk employers), and you can set your initial asking price (as long as it's reasonable/makes sense) and work from there.

It does seem that I'm somewhat over-qualified for that site however. I mean, I took the tests they provided to back up your skills/knowledge of all sorts of programs and such, and I scored to 10% on most of my tests, and top 20% on a couple others. The only one I crapped up on mostly was 3D modeling (3DS Max, specifically, but it included 3D animation amongst it's questions), but then again, I have not been properly taught it yet, most if it was intuition. When I can afford to, I'm taking classes.

But yeah, I think I'm currently asking too cheaply considering my qualifications, but since I lack a portfolio for the site (site-wise), I'm starting cheap, and will gradually work up from there if need be.

This little program/site has been a great help in getting a starting price setup.

http://freelanceswitch.com/rates/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:31:12 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8113 on: April 19, 2010, 06:34:23 pm »

Itnet, look to Cracked. They need us Photoshoppers. Pay is $25 per image they use, so not great.

I never knew this.  Is $25 an image bad compared to elsewhere?  Is this a common practice on websites?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: April 19, 2010, 06:48:45 pm »

I'm not sure if it's standard for other sites, but Cracked needs a lot of images in a short period of time, so they put ads in their forums looking for photoshoppers. $25 per image is actually pretty meh, but people are usually payed by the hour, not by the image, so whether it's worth your time or not depends on how much time you put into it. Plus, there a chance for more, better paid, work on more prominent articles if they like the stuff you give them.
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 13326