Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15886222 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #8085 on: April 18, 2010, 06:56:43 pm »

That will be MEEEE

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8086 on: April 18, 2010, 08:16:18 pm »

Okay, I put marbles in it. If you're wondering where I got the marbles, my mom has a bigger bowl, which is filled with marbles. It's hereditary?

It's a woman thing.  Our little Vester is growing up so fast.  Pretty soon you'll be trying to wear her shoes and stuff.

Nobody complimented my awesome Lego tower, and I'm so happy otherwise that I don't care.  And for no reason in particular even.

I do have to wear her pants sometimes, because, well, not that many pairs of pants. Shoes are just a no-no. My mom has big feet.

Also. Yes, it was an awesome tower. Happy? I was just elated about my bowl, is all.

Also also: My university has shrikes on the campus. Butcher birds. I'm happy because they're really nifty-looking birds and I didn't think that they existed this close to the equator. Mildly squicked because, well, they eat other birds. In public.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8087 on: April 18, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »

Also also: My university has shrikes on the campus. Butcher birds. I'm happy because they're really nifty-looking birds and I didn't think that they existed this close to the equator. Mildly squicked because, well, they eat other birds. In public.
Ah yes, those are the birds that impale their catch on thorns to store for later.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8088 on: April 18, 2010, 08:25:00 pm »

The best part about them is that they don't give a crap about humans. There was one pecking at a maya (little bird) on a bush near one of the walkways. I stared at him for a while. He stared back, then just went on eating.

They do mind cats though. I saw a couple divebombing some poor cat near the pond. The cat went and hid in a drainage pipe while the shrikes just stared at him.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8089 on: April 18, 2010, 08:26:42 pm »

The best part about them is that they don't give a crap about humans. There was one pecking at a maya (little bird) on a bush near one of the walkways. I stared at him for a while. He stared back, then just went on eating.

They do mind cats though. I saw a couple divebombing some poor cat near the pond. The cat went and hid in a drainage pipe while the shrikes just stared at him.
Think if they started breeding with giant eagles...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8090 on: April 18, 2010, 08:28:01 pm »

That's a class-3 Apocalypse how scenario.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8091 on: April 18, 2010, 08:29:19 pm »

SHADOWdump + Imperishable night = Fun for all.

XD
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8092 on: April 18, 2010, 08:41:15 pm »

I saw a shrike eat a maya bird once. After it killed it. me and my bro were betting on who would survive. I know, I'm horrid.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8093 on: April 18, 2010, 08:42:43 pm »

I saw a shrike eat a maya bird once. After it killed it. me and my bro were betting on who would survive. I know, I'm horrid.
What

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8094 on: April 18, 2010, 08:43:22 pm »

They're kinda like chickens, actually. When we still had chickens in the backyard, a big part of their diet was rice, with the occasional too-dumb-to-live maya. Chickens are awful too, but at least they're edible.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8095 on: April 18, 2010, 10:24:38 pm »

I assume you had to get pretty good grades for that, and be in a Teaching or Education course, and stuff too right?  Because especially the waived tuition doesn't sound like something they'd offer to just any grad student.

Honestly, not really. A's and B's mostly, what'll get you into grad school. Science and Tech majors generally get this stuff as funding for their first year in a PhD program, from what I've seen, and waived tuition is pretty much the norm. Generally, if they don't give you funding for the first year, they're not too excited about you.

That will be MEEEE

I'd hold off on that--this only works for Sci/Tech majors going for grad school. If the money is what attracts you, just get hired by the private sector. But if you're going for a PhD, just make sure you're uber-competitive and apply to a few safe schools, and this'll naturally fall out.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8096 on: April 18, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »

I don't care about the money I just want to knowledge.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8097 on: April 19, 2010, 12:27:23 am »

They're kinda like chickens, actually. When we still had chickens in the backyard, a big part of their diet was rice, with the occasional too-dumb-to-live maya. Chickens are awful too, but at least they're edible.
I had those too. My driver had his rooster breed with some chickens we had, and he had this whole farm of chickens for food/cockfighting. It was cool.

Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8098 on: April 19, 2010, 04:19:17 am »

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8099 on: April 19, 2010, 04:21:33 am »

It is too easy to make fun of Chris Crocker.

I need to stop. But it's so much fun.
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 [540] 541 542 ... 13326