Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15886591 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread.
« Reply #8070 on: April 18, 2010, 01:38:38 pm »

Dragnar has the same birthday as me, heh.

I feel completely disinterested today, bleh.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: April 18, 2010, 03:37:14 pm »

I just finished reading Y-The Last Man.

Fuck that was awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8072 on: April 18, 2010, 04:26:26 pm »

Ah, the forums are back online. In the meantime, I just beat a Tropico challenge. Thanks to a hurricane destroying the right buildings, I got enough from the insurance to build the target building to complete the mission.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8073 on: April 18, 2010, 04:28:26 pm »

Probably have about 1000 posts to read to get up to date on this(was away for a week, then the "monumental" task of catching up caused procrastination, thus it grew further...), but finding this (partial) quote made me happy:
edit: what q said

It is now in my sig.
Eh?
Eh!

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: April 18, 2010, 04:36:53 pm »

So, I'm officially in a grad school, now. And they're paying me to come. THIS IS PRETTY COOL.
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: April 18, 2010, 05:28:28 pm »

1. Almost certainly not bipolar

2. Almost certainly not chemically depressed

I just have zero patience for anything or anyone, and was trying too damned hard to be happy and not feel anything negative, ever.  The result was that I ended up zig-zagging up and down in mood in sharp spikes, as I forcibly ripped myself out of one emotion into another... but then negativity built up to the point of being unbearable.

So, once I've cultivated some patience and coping skills, I should be able to go back to school quite easily and do whatever I want.  In the plans for the next 2.5 years are German, Russian and Polish, as well as a fairly hardcore math curriculum and some literature courses.  Also leaving my room and making friends.  That's kind of high up on the to-do list.

I also had an odd dream where I'd folded most of my paper cranes, but I was back in middle school and everyone around me was unfolding them and ripping them up.  I said "Hey, I worked for a really long time on those!" and they kept saying "But they don't take that long--they're cheap!  Cheap!  Cheap!" while pounding on the desks.  Even more were thrown outside and destroyed in the rain.  The color ran out and they clogged the gutters.

I wasn't depressed or unhappy, though.  I just walked away from all those birds I'd carefully made, and said "tomorrow I'll start folding again"--just like that.

I guess I've changed quite a bit.
That sounds good, depending on medicine does not sound fun at all. It still sounds hard, but at least it isn't permanent.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: April 18, 2010, 05:32:30 pm »

Warm ice cream with cereal=awesome.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: April 18, 2010, 05:35:59 pm »

So, I'm officially in a grad school, now. And they're paying me to come. THIS IS PRETTY COOL.

Hrrrmmmmm?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: April 18, 2010, 06:21:31 pm »

Shaved off the roguish fuzz on my face to reveal around three complements from random female strangers. Always a good feeling.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: April 18, 2010, 06:32:54 pm »

Hrrrmmmmm?

Basically, I've sent out my decision for grad school. I'm in. In addition to being in, they're paying me to come. Beyond this, I'm not sure what you're hrrmmming about--can you hrrmm in a specific direction?
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: April 18, 2010, 06:34:07 pm »

I don't know about him, but I'm hrrmmmmm-ing at the "being paid" part.  Being paid for what?  Being paid how much?  Being paid when?  Sounds intriguing and useful.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: April 18, 2010, 06:36:51 pm »

I might be getting a bursary next year.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8082 on: April 18, 2010, 06:38:22 pm »

Visited How It Should Have Ended since a long time ago.

Pretty funny stuff. Spoilers for some movies if you haven't seem them before.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: April 18, 2010, 06:43:28 pm »

Basically, they're offering me aid in the form of a paid TA position in addition to waiving tuition. Which means I have to grade things, but the time in does not reflect the money I'll get out of it. Forgive me if I don't quote the exact number, but it's over half of what I'd be making in a private sector job with my bachelors. (not including waived tuition.) This may seem like I'm getting a raw deal, but the PhD will have me starting at a much higher salary, with much greater potential to make money and work with high-end employers. The whole thing will start in the Fall Semester.

Keep in mind that I'm a physics major, so this won't work for all majors. Generally, majors in Science, math, tech, and engineering could expect something similar for at least the first year.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: April 18, 2010, 06:48:25 pm »

I assume you had to get pretty good grades for that, and be in a Teaching or Education course, and stuff too right?  Because especially the waived tuition doesn't sound like something they'd offer to just any grad student.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 13326