Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15888521 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #7830 on: April 14, 2010, 10:34:24 pm »

I actually managed to transfer an old Age of Empires from my shattered Windows partition over to a newly installed Linux one, transferred it into an iso, mounted the iso to make a drive, and found a cd crack so I can run it without a cd drive, since I don't have one.

Since I'm so used to windows, it's hilarious to think I have a floppy drive, a hard drive, and an Age of Empires drive. It also installed in record time since it was on a hard drive instead of a cd.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: April 14, 2010, 10:45:03 pm »

I might have a tutoring gig sometime soon. Should help to get some fast cash and work on some of my rusty math skills.

What do you think I should charge for a 6th grade math tutor?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: April 14, 2010, 10:46:01 pm »

Depends on how long the sessions are and for how long (and kinda how old you are).

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: April 14, 2010, 10:49:12 pm »

Its my little sisters friend. I'm 19.

I'm thinking about 1-2 hour sessions but that would be more up to them to decide.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: April 14, 2010, 10:51:10 pm »

I actually managed to transfer an old Age of Empires from my shattered Windows partition over to a newly installed Linux one, transferred it into an iso, mounted the iso to make a drive, and found a cd crack so I can run it without a cd drive, since I don't have one.

Since I'm so used to windows, it's hilarious to think I have a floppy drive, a hard drive, and an Age of Empires drive. It also installed in record time since it was on a hard drive instead of a cd.

nice job, it feels good to recover lost treasures. I played age of mythology (expansion) with friends recently. Never played it before. I was playing as some Norse god and well, I had F'ing clue what I was doing and failed miserably, real fun guys >.>
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: April 14, 2010, 10:55:55 pm »

Unfortunately AOE is currently crashing at the starting videos, although I got to the main screen once. I'm not sure why, maybe a WINE issue. Linux is not my thing.

I did well in an Age of Mythology lan party by using those dogs or whatever that got a stat boost being close to each other. Kinda like slivers
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: April 14, 2010, 10:57:05 pm »

I'd charge $20 a session if it's 1-3 days a week, $15 if four, and $10 if more.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: April 14, 2010, 10:58:32 pm »

Unfortunately AOE is currently crashing at the starting videos, although I got to the main screen once. I'm not sure why, maybe a WINE issue. Linux is not my thing.

I did well in an Age of Mythology lan party by using those dogs or whatever that got a stat boost being close to each other. Kinda like slivers

I just didn't know how to do anything and had to ask questions constantly. I was a total liability as I was between the majority of computers and the rest of my team (my friends). We won by wonder. The enemy started theirs first but we had a legion of workers on ours.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:29 pm »

I posted over in the Sad thread that I'm a little bummed about what to do with my chronically ridiculous facial hair, not to mention all the comments I get about my long hair.  I was messing with it today for a specific reason-

And I'm invited to a hot, academic achievement dinner tonight, and I want to pick up some smart chicks.  I need to be suave dammit.

Spoiler: The Result (click to show/hide)

Stay tuned for when I blow it in spectacular fashion.

Didja hit it?
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: April 14, 2010, 11:00:57 pm »

I'm not sure why, maybe a WINE issue. Linux is not my thing.
Probably, I don't know much about linux(I only recently got it set up on my old computer, and it's wireless is till nonfunctional) but I do know that a pretty good number of games don't run well/at all on WINE.

As for AOM: awesome.
1. use the cheat code "BAWK BAWK BOOM"
2. use your new power
3. ;D
4. ???
5. ;D
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: April 14, 2010, 11:07:34 pm »

That's when it rains chicken meteors.

I've played Age of Mythology a bit.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: April 14, 2010, 11:12:11 pm »

My friend and I are slowly reaching %100 completion on Resident Evil 5. ^_^
We need to pass the hardest mode, a couple levels on other difficulties, buy some figurines, and some guns and BSAA emblems. :)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: April 14, 2010, 11:13:48 pm »

The Loony is on par with the American dollar.

People are even suggesting it may get up to 1.25.

Wow.

Yeah we kick ass dude. Respect.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: April 14, 2010, 11:17:18 pm »

But its scary, because this mean that the american economy is really really fucked up.

And thats not good new for anybody, especially us.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: April 14, 2010, 11:19:11 pm »

My friend and I are slowly reaching %100 completion on Resident Evil 5. ^_^
We need to pass the hardest mode, a couple levels on other difficulties, buy some figurines, and some guns and BSAA emblems. :)

I tried to beat all of resident evil 4 but I just couldn't beat that soldier guy near the very end of agent wong's missions >.< augh he was impossible!
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 13326