Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15889353 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #7755 on: April 11, 2010, 10:54:30 pm »

Oh happy day. I've got one more day of the holidays to catch up on some work that I really, really, shouldn't be behind on.

But watch, I bet I won't do it, not matter what I tell myself.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7756 on: April 11, 2010, 11:25:27 pm »

I just got around to playing Unreal Tournament again. 2k4 specifically tonight. I also learned how to finally get the .ut4mod files installed. Kinda a out-there method, but works nonetheless.

Also got an ultimate map pack to fill in some blanks; as well as all the extra stuff from BeyondUnreal's file depot.

I miss that game. Nice to have time, and have more time in the future to screw around again. Jump-strafing... I gotta re-learn how to tactically apply that move. So far, DM-Hyperblast (UT2k4 version, where the maneuver can really be abused) I know how to outright abuse that maneuver to reach far parts of the map and fake-out my opponents. A royal ..|.. to anyone that tries to chase me down. Actually, that can apply to just about any level with the low gravity mutator applied.

I also managed to get U4E (Unreal4Ever) (2k4 edition) installed. DM-Morpheus... and with the grapple beam armed :plays Spider-Man theme:. I miss that mod, but you can't beat the classic UT99 version. Nothing like killing your opponents with a doll-bomb or quantum singularity arrows.

I wonder, do we have any Bay12 Unreal servers? I'd like to play against some of you guys in this game (as well as with some of these mods). Last time I remember was maybe battling someone while livestreaming it. Of course, it lagged my side unmercifully and I had to cut off the broadcast so I could play properly. Despite the lag, I still kicked ass.

Now that I might be playing that game again a little more often lately, I ought to get my flight skills refreshed as well and play a bit of X-Wing Alliance. Another game I'd like to do a bit of battling online in. If anyone has a copy, I could maybe host a game.

EDIT:
After playing U4E for a bit, I so want to do a grav-match melee against everyone on the Morpheus Towers. Gravity guns and low gravity on top of skyscrapers galaxyscrapers = tons of fun. I did a bot match and had fun slamming my enemies towards the Earth in at over 600+ MPH while humming the Spider-Man theme. However, 2 grav guns against each other can make those buildings look rather small. It seems that when there are 2 repelling/retracting/holding forces acting against each other, you and who you're grabbing (provided they've got a hold on you as well) can fly quite a distance rather swiftly. Watched several bots pull that routine at times and thought "What the hell?" until I got caught in my own 0-point slingshot against another bot. Run out of power for those guns and you're up the creek sans paddle, especially in a sad attempt to recover from one of those slingshots off the roof. I love this mod. The gravity-gun particularly. Primary-fire allows you to grab your targets, and Alt-Fire allows you to grab the landscape and vault yourself across the level (or hover in low gravity, provided you just tap it rapidly. Conserve battery until you actually attack or aim your next vault). Low gravity makes this gun really fun.

So yeah, with how the gun works as I described, and the fact DM-Morpheus3 takes place atop really really really tall (several miles tall) skyscrapers galaxyscrapers, so high there's low gravity; this is the best official level to play with exclusively this gun, nothing else, in the battlefield. You really gotta plan your next move and seek out those who overheat/drain their guns and either smash them into paste with the landscape, or turn them into fireballs upon re-entry (or send them into orbit) by throwing them off the buildings, or slamming them towards the Earth at high velocity.

I'm tempted to bring up my livestream for a moment tomorrow to demonstrate the awesomeness of this mod and gun. I guarantee, you'll want in on the fun once you see what I'm talking about. This is why I want to play this against everyone. It's utter mayhem. It's Unreal 4 Ever.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:46:45 am by Itnetlolor »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: April 12, 2010, 01:13:29 am »

I know I'm something of a 1 dimensional character on this site (and a rocker too, apparently) but my life up to this point really has been fantastic. I feel as if I could work with the world to achieve something. I feel as if I will.

Reflecting on my life up to this point makes me happy, and right now I feel fantastic.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: April 12, 2010, 09:31:36 am »

Hey you guys?
Guess what day it is?  MONDAY.  And I don't have to be anywhere, woo-hoo.

EDIT:

Oh god my Dragon is alive, it's ALIVEEE

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: April 12, 2010, 09:48:20 am »

Oh god my Dragon is alive, it's ALIVEEE
Awesome! That got me to try and get an egg on that site again, and this time it worked! Last time I tried that all the eggs were taken before I could grab one.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: April 12, 2010, 09:51:11 am »

I generally dislike those things, but for Toony I will help raise this young one. Uncle Duke and all that. Because Isthisnametakenyet needs support.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: April 12, 2010, 10:16:54 am »

Could somebody explain this whole dragon thing?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: April 12, 2010, 10:20:59 am »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: April 12, 2010, 10:33:56 am »

I'm happy because it is a nice day for once.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: April 12, 2010, 11:20:49 am »

Finally beat Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. :D
Holy shit, that game is a total mindfuck.
I wish I could see the famous purple stuffed worm, in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, do a raw blink on Hiri-Kiri rock.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7765 on: April 12, 2010, 01:44:32 pm »

Just watched Sherlock Holmes. Good movie, pretty funny. He oddly reminds me of myself. Anyway, I might keep my promise and try livestreaming for a bit just to show off the UT2k4 U4E mod, or at least the zaniness of the gravity gun in it. I might start it in about 15 minutes. Just need to update Procaster first.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:38 pm »

I was going to sum up "How To Train Your Dragon", but Duke already beat me to it, and pretty much mirrored my opinions. Overall, it was a well constructed story, mature enough to be interesting to young and old viewers without relying on adult in-jokes to keep grown-ups entertained, a neat setting, some solid iconic characters, a good "comming of age" story that avoided being heavy-handed, and a great visual style (the dragon design reminded me of Jim Henson's work, like the goblins from The Labyrinth). Good stuff overall!

<Some spoilage follows>

I'm not without my criticisms, though; the romance dynamic felt really forced to me... she pulled a complete 180 from "I will kill you with my axe because you're wierd and standing in my way" to "I love you because you're a rebel and have a sweet ride that can shoot fireballs". It's like her entire character forgot her motives and personality, and suddenly became a 2D love interest.

On the other hand, I think one of the story's strengths was that, though it had a lot of "lessons" worked in there, they were usually implied, rather than getting the usual heavy-handed Disney treatment, where everything was pointed out in bold text. I rather liked the awkward father-son-bonding moment, when Stoic discovered that he and his son "finally had something in common". It didn't feel contrived like it often does in movies: a widowed father from reputation to uphold, who was raising an only son whom he was constantly afraid of losing; and a son who felt like a dissapointment, who had grown distant from his father for their lack of mutual interests, and from whom he had been keeping a series of secrets. When they finally got what they each had been hoping for, they realized it wasn't what either of them had really wanted for themselves or one another... and rather than blatantly saying "And the moral of the story is to always be true to yourself </rainbows>" it was left to the audience to infer, and the story moved on. Same goes for many of the instances of character depth; Astrid's parents are never seen, but we catch her end of a conversation with them, and better understand her single-minded determination.

Overall it was cute, very enjoyable, and a bit of a surprise from Dreamworks. I'd definitely reccomend it if you haven't seen it.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: April 12, 2010, 04:34:13 pm »

So I discovered Gunnerkrigg Court thanks to this forum.

Just got done binge-reading the whole thing; its freakin' awesome.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: April 12, 2010, 04:35:45 pm »

Just watched Sherlock Holmes. Good movie, pretty funny. He oddly reminds me of myself.

Did you forget the amazing soundtrack?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 13326