Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15890870 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #7650 on: April 09, 2010, 01:48:33 pm »

Water here is still freezing as hell (despite being close to the equator), but it is at least remotely swimmable nowadays. Actually refreshing for once.

Only other reason to sunbathe: thawing out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: April 09, 2010, 01:49:25 pm »

Spring Break next week so I get to chill.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: April 09, 2010, 01:52:44 pm »

After a few days of heat, things are finally cooling down. It feels like the start of spring instead of the middle of summer.

lucky you >.> it was finally warm around here and now its snowing again.

>.>

I miss the snow. It rarely snows down here. I hate the heat and miss the cold.

Spring Break next week so I get to chill.
Mine's ending. Going back to school on monday. Probably should do that spring break assignments my teacher's had to make us do. They actually told us that the principal wants us to do assigments over break.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: April 09, 2010, 01:56:35 pm »

Mines more like 3 weeks off because the first one is normal break then the next 2 weeks are shop and I love shop.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:24 pm »

Mines more like 3 weeks off because the first one is normal break then the next 2 weeks are shop and I love shop.
Lucky. My favorite class only lasted the first semester.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: April 09, 2010, 02:34:44 pm »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: April 09, 2010, 03:19:40 pm »

This is awesome! :D

those would be so much more awesome if they were not on Quicktime. for some reason the videos skip while it's audio doesn't. they are fully loaded but the video just wont stay smooth and freezes and skips every few seconds. I know it's not my hardware being to low quality because this is a gaming rig and has some really nice specs.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7657 on: April 09, 2010, 03:58:31 pm »

This is awesome! :D
I came across this on one of my news sites before. It was pretty awesome.

Well, I think I found an idea that might work for me in the long run job-wise.

Provided I can find a provider, I might take up some semi-freelance landscaping duty. You know, get out of the cave of my old job (putting in my 2 weeks while at it), get some physical labor in, and some natural sunlight and not require a damn uniform. Plus, I need the exercise. I'm really out of shape, and I might as well kill two birds with one stone.

While at it, if I can negotiate a sort of reliable/predictable schedule (and it pays well), I could get a more proper lineup with my other job I would be doing which would be actual freelance graphic design work. And it would be funded as well.

With my current job, doing the freelance graphic design just wouldn't work out. My schedule is too chaotic and unpredictable to work with. I can't do anything with it. Plus, most of my scheduling is almost non-negotiable anyway. Sort of a curse for being too damn good at my job, and obligatorily nice while at it (It starts off as favors, and then drifts into screw-over territory with a "nice" tone upon request. Bullshit. I'm familiar with being taken advantage of with a smile. Not gonna work this time.).

Alternatively, I can try and find a surf shop where I won't be in a service industry that serves food at least (unlike my last 3 jobs, including current). So far, I'm liking the landscaping prospect. Provided I can find a good provider that pays well and fairly, and the work isn't too brutal. I mean, I'm used to doing landscaping around the house (and sometimes it gets really bad with how our yard gets sometimes), let's just hope some people we would work for don't let things get hideously out of hand. At least on the bright side, unlike the housework, I would get paid for it. Extra for summer according to what I heard from my sisters with their experience in that field. Plus, if I can line things up between jobs well enough, I should be able to accrue enough graphic design experience so I can migrate to a career with a more full-time setup with doing design work.

Finally, I have a plan for life that shouldn't have any likely faults in it. The timing seems appropriate enough. Added bonus, doing landscaping ought to reset my circadian rhythm sleep-wise. It's one thing to be a night owl, but until almost 5-6AM is going a little too far.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 07:10:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: April 09, 2010, 06:10:07 pm »

City TV (Canadian channel, in basic cable.) is broadcasting Warehouse 13 starting next Friday.

Awesome.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: April 09, 2010, 08:45:44 pm »

I mentioned how strong the smell of Maker's Mark is to a friend and she asked what it was.
When I responded that it was whiskey, she said, "Oh, I don't like wh—I mean... uh..."
It was pretty funny.

Also, I've been reading this thread in /tg/ about who the good guys in 40k are.
It seems to be a tie between the Orks and Chaos.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: April 09, 2010, 10:03:43 pm »

I just watched a documentary called Birth of the Universe, and the last line in it was...

"Eventually, all matter and even electrons with disintegrate leaving the universe as a cold and lifless place."

Nice ending, Asshole's.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: April 09, 2010, 10:08:08 pm »

I'm glad it made you happy though.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: April 09, 2010, 10:10:43 pm »

Heh, i really like documentary's on the universe.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: April 09, 2010, 10:14:10 pm »

Aw man, I so want to make an uneducated comment on space and human technology and stuff, but that'll surely throw this thread haphazardly into the far corners of the derailment universe.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: April 09, 2010, 10:32:05 pm »

That wouldn't happen, this thread is a staple of the GD. The sub topic would quickly die out.

You could make a new thread to expand on the idea

-Cpt. Obvious
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 13326