Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15875830 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #6555 on: March 09, 2010, 11:31:53 pm »

'Sup Ohms.

From what I can recall of the little physics I learned, I am highly suspicious that some of those symbols are being reinterpreted as unrelated ones that just happen to use the same letter...

That, and/or I evidently don't know or remember many units/symbols...
Eh?
Eh!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: March 10, 2010, 02:47:03 am »

Yet another LP update... Maybe I should slow down before I burn myself out. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #6557 on: March 10, 2010, 05:07:25 am »

Update on the SS13 front. I got sent into space as a zombie and since I can't die, I tried to pass away the millennium by singing about bottles of bear on the wall.

You take one down, pass it around and it proceeds to maul everyone.
That was you?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: March 10, 2010, 05:15:25 am »

Jackrabbit was taken, so I defaulted to something that at least had 'Jack' in the name.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: March 10, 2010, 05:18:23 am »

Hmmm... What do I need for SS13?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: March 10, 2010, 05:28:43 am »

Search for Byond on Google, which it needs to be able to run and you should work it out from there.

Oh, and for the love of god, find every single guide out there and read them. This is Dwarf Fortress/brick wall sort of difficulty curve. And the curve starts at the base of the wall. I spent 20 minutes and three guides and I couldn't get the engines running. Granted, the layout isn't the same, and also I suck, but you get the idea.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: March 10, 2010, 05:43:12 am »

steep learning curve? I'm excited! :D

If I can learn it, I'll try to join your game.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: March 10, 2010, 05:45:36 am »

Every single guide out there.

Also, the amount of times I get captain when I don't want to is staggering. The amount of times I've died as captain suggests a correlation...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #6563 on: March 10, 2010, 07:36:55 am »

The engine? It's much easier to start now than the guides say. BS12(not the other servers, though) has large vats that you open by hitting with a wrench, so you can ignore all of the parts of guides asking you to add plasma or oxygen tanks if you open the vats. However, that just eliminates the longest and most dull part, you still need to know the rest of the process.

And non-bay12 servers don't have the vats for convenience.
Eh?
Eh!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: March 10, 2010, 10:42:41 am »

It sounds strikingly like the disowned love-child of Paranoia and Star Trek. I ought to check that out at some point.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: March 10, 2010, 12:30:34 pm »

It can be a pain to admin, given that at any time, anyone that drops in may decide to either not roleplay, and knock someone over the head, or roleplay a madman/criminal/douche and knock someone over the head then eject them into space.

So please, if you are going to knock someone over the head, do so politely, and be prepared to justify your actions to the admins, since everyone hates getting hit on the head.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: March 10, 2010, 01:03:52 pm »

Re: The title.

She does.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6567 on: March 10, 2010, 04:47:02 pm »

Went out for a run and realized just how badly out of shape I am. Would belong in Sad, but I just remembered a few methods that I might try out in sequence to rebuild myself into my old summer/warm-season form in a week or 2 (or at least feel it enough to be kept motivated). It would basically use the recent crap weather's effects to my advantage.

So to put it, provided I have a free day to do so (already too late for today), I start by going for a jog around a few blocks, enjoy the scenery, and return. Take a short break to regain a bit of energy, grab a shovel and start digging for a good few minutes at a time. After a deep enough hole is made and enough sand is excavated, I would then start working on building a sand castle or sculpture. Get back to digging and either refill the hole or dig out a moat or something. After building enough tension and internal heat and whatnot, dive into the freezing water and cool down kicking my metabolism into high-gear while fighting any currents (if any) to rebuild my stamina even further. After all that, eat something rather filling and toss in some supplements. Do this for a few days a week and get enough sun while at it, and I should be back to my old self in a few weeks; just in time to actually enjoy the beach just in time for pleasant weather on a more common basis.

I'd like to get rid of my cave adaptation caused by the crap-weather ASAP. I'm tired of being out of shape. Plus, this should also relieve a ton of stress that's been pent up inside from work. Plus, I tend to get rather creative after long activities. If anything, that's were I recall coming up with most of my ideas. I think what makes me more pleasant about this is that it's an exercise regimen that I can actually do that I find fun enough to keep doing; which also provides results I can also see and feel. Plus, it's unorthodox, exactly my style.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:58:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: March 10, 2010, 05:30:08 pm »

So apparently I'm getting A's in all of my classes, including the dreaded Metric Differential Geometry.

3 upper-division math classes, one honors.  One English class.  One sophomore taking 4 senior-level courses.

You see, I'm sure you wouldn't think this to see what I've been rambling about in  this thread, but I used to be a terrible math student.  I got a lot of F's on tests and quizzes (high school, middle school, college), and tended to spend a lot of time scraping myself out of the C zone.  Hell, I've flunked math tests as recently as last semester--that's right, straight-up F's.  This isn't "Vector didn't do the work and chose to get a shittastic grade;" this is "Vector really didn't understand the material, and didn't know how to learn it, either."

My GPA in the major is, as of last semester, 3.2--yes, Vector your insane math nerd got a C+ last semester (in linear algebra.  That's the other subject I hate, right below "anything with applications").  After this semester, it will probably end up at about 3.5, but I'm constantly nervous about studying, my mathematical maturity, and the fact that I'm going to start taking graduate courses in... 6 months.

Boy, am I glad that things are finally changing.  It feels one heck of a lot better.  Maybe I'll finally manage to get some real self-confidence going.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: March 10, 2010, 05:36:57 pm »

In other academic news, i got onto the principles honor roll without realizing it.

I was surprised when i was called up in the service thing. They also gave me a pencil.

(In order to get on the principles honor role you need to get above 55% in everything and you need an average of 70% or higher.)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 13326