Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6616 6617 [6618] 6619 6620 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766979 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99255 on: February 14, 2013, 12:19:12 am »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:59:18 pm by penguinofhonor »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #99256 on: February 14, 2013, 12:35:23 am »

Yeah. It'll just end up being The Beautiful and the Chaste.

I also kind of want to go out in the middle of the night and leave an anonymous copy of the manuscript somewhere where it will be found and read.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99257 on: February 14, 2013, 02:36:56 am »

That could be a really neat idea, and might even make for a good publicity stunt depending on who picks it up. Might want to do a few, and leave them in strategic locations like a local coffee shop or a small-town book store. Might want to leave contact details at the end... some kind of "drop me a line and let me know what you thought of this" thing.

If you do that though, either do so after you publish it, or do something to protect your copyright claim first, in case it gets picked up by someone who wants to publish it as their own. Barring all else, just mail yourself a copy, get it postmarked, and leave it sealed in the envelope in the event of a court case. I believe that serves as proof of creative ownership as of a certain date, if you're on a budget.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #99258 on: February 14, 2013, 02:45:54 am »

Despite a cold giving me a sore throat and cough, a double espresso can still get me fiendishly coding.
9:30 PM: Bluh... This sucks... I don't want to do anything.. >_<
9:35 PM: *goes to get double espresso in attempt to do something productive*
9:40 PM: *starts drinking double espresso*
9:45 PM: *returns to lab rather more quickly than he left*
9:46 PM: *turns on Daft Punk*
9:46 PM: *turns on Touhou techno/metal at same volume*
9:46 PM: *turns on Touhou techno/metal at same volume*
9:47 PM - 1:05 AM: PRODUCTIVITY GOOOOOOOOOO

Because if there's one thing which matches the productivity-enhancing effects of double espresso, it's turning on several upbeat songs at the same time. So long as the volumes are equalized so they don't drown each other out, the cacophony of offset beats make for good programming 'music.'

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #99259 on: February 14, 2013, 03:18:46 am »

My current programming assignment is to make a song using three or more channels while writing it in C.

1. Debug code.
2. Run code.
3. Check audio.
4. Repeat while checking.

So uh, yep. Cacophonous static and beeps and boops are a pretty good soundtrack for programming.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #99260 on: February 14, 2013, 03:22:25 am »

They kinda' are. Binaural beats can be really... something. Energizing, relaxing, half dozen other things besides. And they're basically cacophonous static and beeps and boops. Just... somewhat sciencey.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #99261 on: February 14, 2013, 06:48:11 am »

Officially the best gif in the evers... So far for me anyway.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy crap, Games Workshop headquarters!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99262 on: February 14, 2013, 07:09:50 am »

I've enjoyed his stories for some time, but have never been able to find where/if TG's Weaver had a site or some other kind of regular online presence. After hours of searching, I finally found it! (NOTE: I wouldn't suggest browsing this while at workplaces; it contains boobs, etc.)

I'm really glad to see he's still making things, though his life has apparently been rough over the last few years. Another one of those really depressed, hard-up creative people that I wish were in a position to make a living on their work. Seems to be doing better lately though.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99263 on: February 14, 2013, 09:30:58 am »

Snowboarding session four. I wish they would teach me to use the chairlifts already, I'm tired of the green slopes now.
Appalachian Ski Resort?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99264 on: February 14, 2013, 11:55:01 am »

WAIT A MINUTE THIS ISN'T THE SAD THREAD.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #99265 on: February 14, 2013, 01:15:56 pm »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99266 on: February 14, 2013, 01:49:12 pm »

Got back from my (postponed one day) interview.  Not immediately hired, but I think I did pretty good.  Answered all the questions correctly, even mentioned working with some tools like like Hirens which seemed to impress them.  They said they use it too.

Not being immediately hired was a sad, but I'm pretty convinced they are just trying not do make hasty decisions. I found out I'm not the only interview, but I think I did well, and the place looks awesome.  Much better than my last tech place, which just amounted to a hole in the wall with some benches.

Yea I'll bet Leontovych hates assassins...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99267 on: February 14, 2013, 01:54:40 pm »

He got the Animus all wrong tough. It doesn't change past events, it's just a way to see in the past. Why you can do whatever you like is because it's a game and not a movie.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99268 on: February 14, 2013, 02:09:28 pm »

Mentioned in email to a friend that I'd like to offer my help with some problems he's having, but that with my recent string of bad luck, I'd probably wind up setting his backyard on fire or something.

Response:
Can we weaponize you and deploy you to global hotspots?

Counter-response:
"Kim Jong Un Drowned in Inexplicable Flood"
"Iran Secret Nuclear Reactor Crashes Into Mountain"
"Malinese Rebels Accidentally Set Off Their Own Weapons Cache"

And now I have a premise for a new sci-fi story to work on: Jinx, the Entropy Assassin.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99269 on: February 14, 2013, 02:20:52 pm »

RedKing: Wins by accident.

You just get a +40 luck bonus to all your rolls.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 6616 6617 [6618] 6619 6620 ... 13325