Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6554 6555 [6556] 6557 6558 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779606 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98325 on: January 28, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »

Polish chicken.
Man, those spitting velociraptor*things from Jurassic Park have fallen a long, long way.* Yes, I know they didn't exist.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98326 on: January 28, 2013, 10:56:24 pm »

There's also nothing quite like trying to disentangle from said someone without waking him or her up. It's like Jenga and Twister with numb limbs.

I must be lucky since my Fiancee doesn't wake up even if I literally just stand up and toss her onto the bed from my chair. She sleeps like a rock.

Then again I do to. And sleepwalk.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98327 on: January 29, 2013, 12:18:30 am »

She sleeps like a rock.

Sleeprock?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #98328 on: January 29, 2013, 03:09:56 am »

I have a coffee date tomorrow :)  He and I have a lot in common, and we're pretty talkative to each other online.  Here's hoping the couple hours we get to see each other will turn out well.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #98329 on: January 29, 2013, 03:26:09 am »

She sleeps like a rock.

Sleeprock?
The image of someone headbanging and playing air-guitar while sleeping made me giggle.  :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #98330 on: January 29, 2013, 03:35:04 am »

I don't think I sleeprock. Though I do wake up in the bathroom an uncomfortable amount.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #98331 on: January 29, 2013, 03:46:10 am »

I can play KSP at my uni :)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #98332 on: January 29, 2013, 04:15:49 am »

I don't think I sleeprock.
Which is what makes it the perfect alter-ego. Just be sure to go to bed on time or you might be late for a gig!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98333 on: January 29, 2013, 08:43:20 am »

There's nothing quite like having someone you really care for drift off into sleep in your arms. It's fantastic.

There's also nothing quite like trying to disentangle from said someone without waking him or her up. It's like Jenga and Twister with numb limbs.
Ditto on both counts.

This line from today's xkcd what-if made my day (which is good, cause it's still only 8:40am):
But I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98334 on: January 29, 2013, 12:15:58 pm »

Now, the question is this: How high up did Icarus have to be to notice an appreciable difference in temperature? How much closer to the sun was he?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98335 on: January 29, 2013, 12:47:31 pm »

Only been playing this game with him for a little while. But this was nice fun and close.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Damn, I know this game (in board game version), but I can't get the name right now. It's been a while, but I remember it as a pretty fun game.

It's Carcassonne. I learned about it and got to play it thanks to a friend of my daughters, and I found JCloisterZone so I thought I'd try sharing it with some of my friends online. So far so good.
I hate that game, mainly because I suck horribly at it and always lose.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #98336 on: January 29, 2013, 01:23:58 pm »

I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN
BUT I DID MY 13 (giveortake, i went 4.5 miles an hour throughout at any rate) MINUTE MILE
BE PROUD OF ME
while i whimper in a corner
Huzzah for your 4.5 miles an hour.
So you just walked the entire mile.  It must have been freezing though.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98337 on: January 29, 2013, 01:30:17 pm »

Now, the question is this: How high up did Icarus have to be to notice an appreciable difference in temperature? How much closer to the sun was he?

I suspect if Icarus could survive the preceeding lack of pressure and energy, wax might melt in the ionosphere (Lower thermosphere). Ironically in lower layers the lack of heat would probably solidify and shatter wax used in a structural manner.
This is a blank sig.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98338 on: January 29, 2013, 01:35:31 pm »

I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN
BUT I DID MY 13 (giveortake, i went 4.5 miles an hour throughout at any rate) MINUTE MILE
BE PROUD OF ME
while i whimper in a corner
Huzzah for your 4.5 miles an hour.
So you just walked the entire mile.  It must have been freezing though.
:c It was a jog!

Come on, man. I'm out of shape, this is good for me.

don't do dis
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98339 on: January 29, 2013, 02:09:07 pm »

Today was quite windy/rainy, and quite warm (10 degrees) on top of that!. That feels so good after 2 weeks of straight sub-zero temperatures.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6554 6555 [6556] 6557 6558 ... 13325