Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6535 6536 [6537] 6538 6539 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15739349 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98040 on: January 23, 2013, 07:30:56 pm »

Changed the name of NetHack in my Steam Library to:
The Elder Scrolls Online: Closed Beta Test

Can't wait to get reactions from friends.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #98041 on: January 23, 2013, 08:54:35 pm »

The season's snowfall has surpassed the record low. We now have 28 inches on the ground and 87 in the season, apparently.
Isn't this... isn't this normal?
The wording was really unclear. RedWarrior might have meant that it surpassed the low in terms of the "Where has all the snow gone!?" factor, rather than depth.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98042 on: January 23, 2013, 10:00:21 pm »

Back online after a bunch of nonsensical bullshit.  And with a new computer to boot.

Two year old graphics card and 6gigs of RAM, both salvaged from my poor Asus, tragically killed at a young age by my apartment's shitty wiring.  New motherboard and i5 processor, with four (count'em, four) case fans and a titanic heat sink that that looks way too much like a motor to not be awesome.  Runs Saints Row 3 at max graphics without so much as warming up, compared to practically the same specs in the Asus which practically melted trying to run Minecraft with good draw distance.

And the best part is, I'm an adult now so I can drop $900 on a replacement computer not even two years after getting the last one and not feel like I'm completely broke.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #98043 on: January 23, 2013, 10:03:09 pm »

Back online after a bunch of nonsensical bullshit.  And with a new computer to boot.

Two year old graphics card and 6gigs of RAM, both salvaged from my poor Asus, tragically killed at a young age by my apartment's shitty wiring.  New motherboard and i5 processor, with four (count'em, four) case fans and a titanic heat sink that that looks way too much like a motor to not be awesome.  Runs Saints Row 3 at max graphics without so much as warming up, compared to practically the same specs in the Asus which practically melted trying to run Minecraft with good draw distance.

And the best part is, I'm an adult now so I can drop $900 on a replacement computer not even two years after getting the last one and not feel like I'm completely broke.

But what's your DF framerate?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98044 on: January 23, 2013, 10:15:15 pm »

Gonna find out now.  So far, world generation is going about as slow as normal.  Since the RAM is the same and the single-core processing power only slightly better, I don't imagine it's going to be too different from my past machines.  But I can hope.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #98045 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:44 pm »

Hell yeah.  I'm already feeling the flow of adult power as I buy stupid shit for myself with my money.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98046 on: January 23, 2013, 10:50:59 pm »

I wish I had my money.

Snowboarding, Week 2 has proceeded from frustration to pain as I repeatedly crash trying to do a toeside slide without killing any small children, whom for some reason are all over the university's ski lodge every day.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98047 on: January 23, 2013, 10:54:26 pm »

I'm going to take a trip to Sydney to once again spend the day with a wonderful girl... Love Sydney trips!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #98048 on: January 23, 2013, 10:54:39 pm »

"We the Jury find the Defendant ... Not Guilty."

You will never know how hard I worked on that appointed case, how many times I threw up from stress, how many hours I put in which I will never be paid for, or how should-be-embarrassing-to-society low I will be paid. It was the single hardest felony case I have ever fought. I was advised to withdraw as counsel by three judges and every lawyer I know. I stopped counting how many times my client threatened to fire me. Her family hated everything about me. I didn't care that it was hopeless. I flatly refused to give up on her, because I actually believed her. I had my appellate brief (appeal) drafted before trial was over and explained to her I would personally file it ASAP if we lost.... We were left for dead; we damn well knew it; we were expecting it.

A local newspaper does not ordinarily send a photographer and a journalist to a case like this. Nobody dead; no reader interest. I can't prove it, but I bet my life I know the lawyer who arranged for that. He was aiming to immortalize what was certain to be an absolute and embarrassing defeat. After we started breathing again, my client and I cried and held each other after the verdict; I don't know for how long. No real celebration, just sobbing and it could've gone on forever. I just don't care how long it was or that everyone saw. For one brief moment, I did not hate my job. Dead silence and camera flashes told me there are pictures of it. I am having the newspaper article/photo mounted on a wall-plaque along with the certified mailing receipt I'll get from sending a copy of the article to that lawyer with a thank you letter....

Some, more naive types, go to law school solely for the chance at the honor and the privilege of representing a truly innocent person.... I'm going to let her throw away the appellate brief if she wants. Let's see if I can get her her job and apartment back....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98049 on: January 23, 2013, 10:57:32 pm »

Hell yeah.  I'm already feeling the flow of adult power as I buy stupid shit for myself with my money.

I'm an adult and my folks still control how much I can spend for the most part. :/

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98050 on: January 23, 2013, 11:00:45 pm »

-snip-
What exactly did she not do?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98051 on: January 23, 2013, 11:02:19 pm »

"We the Jury find the Defendant ... Not Guilty."

You will never know how hard I worked on that appointed case, how many times I threw up from stress, how many hours I put in which I will never be paid for, or how should-be-embarrassing-to-society low I will be paid. It was the single hardest felony case I have ever fought. I was advised to withdraw as counsel by three judges and every lawyer I know. I stopped counting how many times my client threatened to fire me. Her family hated everything about me. I didn't care that it was hopeless. I flatly refused to give up on her, because I actually believed her. I had my appellate brief (appeal) drafted before trial was over and explained to her I would personally file it ASAP if we lost.... We were left for dead; we damn well knew it; we were expecting it.
Are you sure it wasn't partially merged with a Phoenix Wright case at some point? Because some of the exceptionally difficult ones start out like that (in a simplified way), and usually don't budge until the very end after he's used basically every bluff chance and unusual logic up trying to find anything.

Aside from that, it sounds like you did awesome, Truean.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98052 on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:50 pm »

~Snip
I'm not entirely sure how to express how amazed I am at your efforts without sounding patronizing, but well done none the less. Only the greatest of us choose to fight a battle that we don't think we can win, but do it anyway because it is the right thing to do.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #98053 on: January 23, 2013, 11:12:42 pm »

Impressive, True! *thumbs up*

Has to be an incredible feeling, what you felt. Dunno what else to say beyond that, yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #98054 on: January 23, 2013, 11:15:32 pm »

Finished Bastion, choosing two choices that I love so much for choosing them. <3

Also.
Spoiler: Squirts are cute. (click to show/hide)

~Snip

Yay! :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 6535 6536 [6537] 6538 6539 ... 13325