Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6532 6533 [6534] 6535 6536 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15737061 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97995 on: January 22, 2013, 08:19:22 pm »

Oh, when did the full version get leaked? I know when I heard about it a few years back only the storyboards were out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97996 on: January 22, 2013, 08:20:24 pm »

Happy because I aced a quiz today. I also have two possible job prospects, but I'm restraining any real excitement on their parts because it's still early days.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97997 on: January 22, 2013, 08:23:38 pm »

Have you guys heard the persistent, obviously false rumors of an obscene episode of Dexter's Lab, that they only show to friends and supposedly once at a convention?

It's real.

It's not quite what I was expecting, there's a lot of profanity but, you know, it's just profanity.  For one it was censored, maybe if it weren't it would've been a little more shocking; I assume the original version they show to friends is uncensored.
It sounds like one of those "unnescessary censorship" videos. Which is to say, awesome, in moderation.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97998 on: January 22, 2013, 08:37:06 pm »

I FINALLY found a proper counter-arguement to the "entitlement" backslap that is very popular.

I wish I had it years ago.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97999 on: January 22, 2013, 08:37:27 pm »

Oh, when did the full version get leaked? I know when I heard about it a few years back only the storyboards were out.

It's on Adult Swim's channel so I assume they just relented, no leaking.
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98000 on: January 22, 2013, 08:39:38 pm »

Oh. That explains the censoring, too. It was a really funny episode though. I'm glad it's out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98001 on: January 22, 2013, 08:41:16 pm »

Nothing helps me better sleep than a pound of ice cream =w=

Eaten. Not otherwise applied. :V

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98002 on: January 22, 2013, 08:56:26 pm »

I FINALLY found a proper counter-arguement to the "entitlement" backslap that is very popular.

Eh?

At the same time as I wonder why you feel the need to append that disclaimer, I realize that it's probably needed on this board. Probably.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98003 on: January 22, 2013, 09:07:50 pm »

Tell us! We aren't entitled to it at all.

At the same time as I wonder why you feel the need to append that disclaimer, I realize that it's probably needed on this board. Probably.
In certain sections with certain people, probably.  ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98004 on: January 22, 2013, 09:29:36 pm »

Have you guys heard the persistent, obviously false rumors of an obscene episode of Dexter's Lab, that they only show to friends and supposedly once at a convention?

It's real.

It's not quite what I was expecting, there's a lot of profanity but, you know, it's just profanity.  For one it was censored, maybe if it weren't it would've been a little more shocking; I assume the original version they show to friends is uncensored.
It's been far more fun watching people freaking out about this happening than watching the episode itself, that said, I appreciate that they decided not to lock up what has effectively been a real internet legend forever.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98005 on: January 22, 2013, 09:34:05 pm »

Honestly, the episode itself was kinda tame. I was more shocked by DeeDee flipping the bird in the title card than by any of the *beep*ing language.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98006 on: January 22, 2013, 10:16:42 pm »

Apparently, Martin Luther King Jr. was at trekkie, and was instrumental in convincing the actor for Uhura to stay on the show.

Crying inside right now ;o;

Yeah, that's one of my favorite stories to tell.

Gene was so incredibly progressive. Having a black woman so high on the chain of command back then was incredible.
IIRC, Star Trek also had the first interracial kiss on national television. That was fairly unprecedented for the time as well!

IIRC the network wouldn't let the actual kiss moment occur on screen though.
Crap. Well, at least Gene (probably) had good intentions.

I saw that episode a few weeks ago; it had the kiss.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98007 on: January 22, 2013, 10:20:29 pm »

Apparently, Martin Luther King Jr. was at trekkie, and was instrumental in convincing the actor for Uhura to stay on the show.

Gene was so incredibly progressive. Having a black woman so high on the chain of command back then was incredible.
IIRC, Star Trek also had the first interracial kiss on national television. That was fairly unprecedented for the time as well!

There isn't as much taboo against it anymore. When it first premiered, on the other hand...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98008 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:06 pm »

The network had them do takes with and without the kiss because they weren't sure if they should allow it or not.

After filming concluded, the network was horrified to discover that William Shatner had subtly sabotaged all the "without" takes by crossing his eyes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #98009 on: January 22, 2013, 10:25:12 pm »

Reposted from the Pokemon X and Y thread

Spoiler: it's happening (click to show/hide)

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 6532 6533 [6534] 6535 6536 ... 13325