Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6508 6509 [6510] 6511 6512 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789349 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97635 on: January 17, 2013, 09:13:02 am »

It's also the first computer I've ever had with a real graphics card, or more than one core.

I recently acquired the same thing.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #97636 on: January 17, 2013, 09:13:50 am »

Well, what did you guys get?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #97637 on: January 17, 2013, 09:25:04 am »

4GHZ Quad Core processor, 16GB of ram, ATI Radeon 6450 graphics card, some shiny blue lights which I shall never switch on, and a 1TB hard drive. Also a 22inch monitor.

For reference, my laptop was a single core 3.4GHZ processor, 3GB of ram, an Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset and a 180GB hard drive.

That must be very exciting :)
'tis indeed.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #97638 on: January 17, 2013, 09:36:13 am »

I just found my old midnight blue gameboy advance SP with its charger. Looks something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Happy 10th birthday tech from the world of yesterday :3

*EDIT

Holy crap it still works O_O
Now I just got to find some cartridges...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97639 on: January 17, 2013, 09:57:17 am »

Of course it still works, it's Nintendotech. Anything less than tossing it into a woodchipper won't kill it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #97640 on: January 17, 2013, 09:58:11 am »

I still have the silver one. Its battery's life is over, though. It uncharges as soonas you unplug it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97641 on: January 17, 2013, 10:08:32 am »

I remember those! I still have one kicking around my house somewhere. I loved that thing.

Anyways, I got a 94 on my Odyssey paper, and I think it did well on my Latin Final.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97642 on: January 17, 2013, 10:09:51 am »

I still have the silver one. Its battery's life is over, though. It uncharges as soonas you unplug it.
Same here, the good ol' silver.

Bad thing is, any cartridge in it will lose all memory and save files...and the charger is as good as dead.

It is lying in a cabinet for posterity and memories.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97643 on: January 17, 2013, 10:41:18 am »

I've got one of those too.

I've also got a Game boy color that still works perfectly fine if you don't mind lacking sound.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97644 on: January 17, 2013, 10:47:35 am »

Same here, the good ol' silver.

Bad thing is, any cartridge in it will lose all memory and save files...and the charger is as good as dead.

It is lying in a cabinet for posterity and memories.
Just slap a new battery in it, man. It's not that hard. I've done it a few times with older carts.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #97645 on: January 17, 2013, 10:50:26 am »

I think I kept my old SP somewhere. It's so scratched up from me dropping it all the time.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97646 on: January 17, 2013, 11:23:58 am »

Dang kids and your mobile gaming devices.

I still have my 8-bit NES deck up in the attic. With games. And light gun.

And now I have an overwhelming urge to play Faxanadu.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #97647 on: January 17, 2013, 11:36:05 am »

Dang kids and your mobile gaming devices.

I still have my 8-bit NES deck up in the attic. With games. And light gun.

And now I have an overwhelming urge to play Faxanadu.

My Virtual Boy still resides fully operational at my parent's house :P

I'm still sad that system flopped.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #97648 on: January 17, 2013, 11:43:07 am »

I just found my old midnight blue gameboy advance SP with its charger. Looks something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Happy 10th birthday tech from the world of yesterday :3

*EDIT

Holy crap it still works O_O
Now I just got to find some cartridges...
Funnily enough, I just found my old copy of Pokemon Sapphire along with my SP. Somehow after running that game until the in-game timer ran out (99:59), the clock never failed. Even if it does, I have enough electrical know-how to fix it now.  :D I'm excited to wander around in Hoenn again. That game was my childhood, ages 8 to 13.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97649 on: January 17, 2013, 12:35:09 pm »

Damn all you slightly older than me people!

* Miauw goes to find his DS lite.

E: Did I mention that both of my parents used to have a commodore 64 but that my grandparents got rid of them?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:45:01 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6508 6509 [6510] 6511 6512 ... 13325