Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6407 6408 [6409] 6410 6411 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795036 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96120 on: December 24, 2012, 01:04:45 pm »

Can you enable challenge mode at the beginning of the game, or do you have to beat and restart it? Because I'd like to play it when I get Black 2 but I hate restarting Pokemon games.
You have to do an infrared link with a Black 2 cartridge that's already beaten the game. (White 2 unlocks 'easy mode' which is for babies.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #96121 on: December 24, 2012, 01:11:33 pm »

Can you enable challenge mode at the beginning of the game, or do you have to beat and restart it? Because I'd like to play it when I get Black 2 but I hate restarting Pokemon games.
Apparently you have to beat it first, or get White 2 and have someone who have completed their Black 2 transfer their key to you, if my interpretation of the Bulbapedia article is correct.

EDIT: Nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:14:46 pm by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #96122 on: December 24, 2012, 01:18:37 pm »

You can also transfer the key from Black 2 to another Black 2 game. They really should have just enabled it from the start, but I guess it adds a small amount of replayability. Though why anyone would ever go through the game in its entirety and then go to easy mode from White 2 boggles the mind.

I've decided that instead of normal names like Jeff, my Pokemon will all be named after my favorite fictional characters that are mildly related to the type of Pokemon. Starter: Dante the Tepig. It'll be a few weeks until I see my friend who can give me the Challenge Mode key, but I think I'll make a thread for this. Not a constant-updating LP like my two previous failed attempts, just occasional comics of the highlights. I think the others failed because they slowed down my gameplay significantly, so this should remedy that. ("All right! Just got through half of Petalburg Woods! Better stop and spend 2 hours writing an update...")

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #96123 on: December 24, 2012, 01:19:48 pm »

You can also transfer the key from Black 2 to another Black 2 game. They really should have just enabled it from the start, but I guess it adds a small amount of replayability. Though why anyone would ever go through the game in its entirety and then go to easy mode from White 2 boggles the mind.

I believe it was to encourage people to socialize with the newbs, and to help bridge the post Elite 4 level gap in case the player somehow manages to have trouble with that.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96124 on: December 24, 2012, 01:30:16 pm »

How to GM Your Own Habit Abatement Campaign
I don't like to talk about Quitting Smoking. It sounds so final, and it turns the inevitable backslide into a major failure event. But I do Stop Smoking from time to time, which lasts anywhere from a few weeks to three years. I am in process of stopping right now, in fact. Usually I stop by not smoking, which is a pretty okay way to do it. This time I'm trying to make it more interesting by gradually diminishing intake with the help of a couple D&D rules...

MC Frontalot is a pretty funny guy.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96125 on: December 24, 2012, 02:14:35 pm »

Frumple has gained skill increase: Baking!

Secrets learned: Tiny icecream scoop makes excellent dough balls!
An effective way to flatten cookies without taking part of the cookie with you!

Items gained: Batch of gingersnap cookies.
Pound and a half of chocolate fudge.

Damage taken: One slightly burnt toe.

Overall results: Excellent!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96126 on: December 24, 2012, 02:27:06 pm »

It was... weird. Actually, I was stirring something and basically a single drop of mostly-boiling sugar/milk/etc. came flying out of the pan, managed to avoid the straps on my sandles, and landed on the back of the middle toe of my left foot. It was an amazingly precise drop of sugar-stuff. So one of my toes has a lil'heat blister, now. Raised skin, anyway. Little burnt, not too bad. Didn't stop me from stirring, really.

E: Though my foot did go in the oven at one point. Sometimes it's easier to use the foot than the hand to push the oven shelf back in.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:30:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96127 on: December 24, 2012, 04:28:52 pm »

Got a gift card from a friend of the family. Spent it on CDs. Got a Nightwish Album. Holy shit why didn't I find this stuff sooner.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96128 on: December 24, 2012, 04:35:34 pm »

Watching TinTin right now. Good god, that animation is just showing off.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #96129 on: December 24, 2012, 05:50:25 pm »

Just here to drop off a...
"Marry Christmas to everyone and hope you have a wonderful day"
Best of luck to everyone.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96130 on: December 24, 2012, 06:18:37 pm »

6 PM Xmas eve, and it's begun to snow!!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96131 on: December 24, 2012, 06:41:19 pm »

Homemade fudge and Earthbound. Feelsgoodman.jpg
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96132 on: December 24, 2012, 07:09:50 pm »

Small chance of 6-10 inches of snow tonight. Hells yes.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #96133 on: December 24, 2012, 07:15:50 pm »

Merry Christmas GMT folks.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #96134 on: December 24, 2012, 07:20:06 pm »

Just got a new computer (a day before Christmas).

8 cores, 10GB RAM, 2TB hard drive space, etc. etc.

So basically "anything except DF" ?
Pages: 1 ... 6407 6408 [6409] 6410 6411 ... 13325