Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6396 6397 [6398] 6399 6400 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15793617 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #95955 on: December 21, 2012, 12:04:27 am »

So much for the end of the world.  ::) :P
Well, there's still the off-chance that they just predicted the end of the world in their time-zone. So we still have about an hour to go.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tomoko~] Because I'm not popular, Ill have an emotion thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #95956 on: December 21, 2012, 12:05:15 am »

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is fucking awesome. I played it until I almost passed out today and am going to play it some more after I get into my pajamas and destress further from that panic attack that was induced by a paranoid schizophrenic that doesn't yet realise he shouldn't touch me if he values his hand.

Also again, I'm pretty proud that I beat Akinator three times today - though I lost the fourth time when someone suggested I have him guess Crassius Curio and that smarmy ass guessed right on the second try. Never before have I yelled You son of a bitch! that loud and been in a good mood at the same time.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95958 on: December 21, 2012, 12:11:04 am »

Well, there's still the off-chance that they just predicted the end of the world in their time-zone. So we still have about an hour to go.
The mayans also thought the day began at sunrise, not midnight, so we still have a couple hours until the rousing chorus of Still Alive.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95959 on: December 21, 2012, 01:30:48 am »

The mayans also thought the day began at sunrise, not midnight, so we still have a couple hours until the rousing chorus of Still Alive.

Sunrise in Mayaland is about 5 hours away. I'm going to run outside and yell, "The Doctor did it! He saved us!"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95960 on: December 21, 2012, 01:32:19 am »

I spent a good 20 minutes discussing D&D with a 50-something-year-old printer customer today. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95961 on: December 21, 2012, 01:37:07 am »

I'm surprised tabletop games aren't more popular amongst middle-aged and elderly people. They're a format of non-electronic traditional storytelling, it seems perfect for people not engrossed in the information age.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95962 on: December 21, 2012, 01:40:41 am »

My guess? The association some people (like Jack Chick) made between D&D and devil-worship. Don't the older crowds tend to be a little more heavily religious?

And don't try to say that it's a non-issue nowadays. My school's gaming club was shut down for a short time after a parent accused the teacher running it of teaching witchcraft.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #95963 on: December 21, 2012, 03:04:56 am »

3 minutes past 8 and the sun has literally just arrived. It's a new day and the world hasn't exploded, I feel good.
Oh and if this end of the world fad has been worth anything, it's that I just got to see sunrise for the first time in a while.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95964 on: December 21, 2012, 03:08:13 am »

Yeah, it's mostly a religious thing.  D&D contains pantheons of fictional gods, and you play characters who pretend to worship them.  Plus, magic.  All kinds of stuff that's perceived as heresy.  Then there were some isolated cases of D&D players who actually did do really stupid things back in the late-70's/early-80's, and sensationalist media + religious moral guardians took those opportunities to unite in a push about 10x more powerful than the violent video game controversy has ever been to ultra-stigmatize the hobby.

I've been accused of devil-worship myself because of it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:09:48 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #95965 on: December 21, 2012, 03:10:57 am »

3 minutes past 8 and the sun has literally just arrived. It's a new day and the world hasn't exploded, I feel good.
Oh and if this end of the world fad has been worth anything, it's that I just got to see sunrise for the first time in a while.
But that's the British sun; you're going to have to wait a few more hours for the Mesoamerican sun to rise.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95966 on: December 21, 2012, 03:16:01 am »

Holy crap new version of ZBrush!  I had no idea this was coming!  Fuck yeah!

If the apocalypse decides to show up now, I will punch it in the face.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:18:46 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #95967 on: December 21, 2012, 05:03:29 am »

Listening to the Morrowind Theme, my favourite music from any game ever. Damn this brings back awesome memories. Me and a friend of mine upon seeing Vivec (the city) for the first time. Exploring all the nooks and crannies of the world. How the quest ending with the voice "No good deed goes unpunished" confused us for a long time, wondering who it was that said it, we reached the conlusion that it had to have been Azura. Finding the first old fort of the Sixth House.

Damn that game will always hold a special place in my gamer heart. Sadly neither Oblivious or Skyrim have been able to fill it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #95968 on: December 21, 2012, 05:09:43 am »

Damn that game will always hold a special place in my gamer heart. Sadly neither Oblivious or Skyrim have been able to fill it.
I see what you did there.  :P

I really liked Morrowind, more than either Oblivion or Skyrim. It had depth of mechanics, even if those mechanics were buggy as fuck. That's what mods are for. Morrowind was an excellent setting, what with the swamp and the giant insects and the otherness of the place. Admittedly I did enjoy the Skyrim soundtrack more on the whole, but for the era Morrowind's music was amazing. (And still better than Oblivion's.)

Agh, time to re-install it and a thousand mods.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95969 on: December 21, 2012, 05:12:21 am »

Dear god, you guys are really trying to make me feel very sad when i don't win Morrowind GOTY in the giveaway, aren't you?

E: Oh, it's already over. Didn't even notice it. Herpderp.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6396 6397 [6398] 6399 6400 ... 13325