Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15862103 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you HAPPY today thread. Mew! :3
« Reply #9570 on: May 17, 2010, 11:55:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SPORTICUS NOOOOOO.

My birthday is in a week tomorrow.

She's legal now. Has been for nearly a year now.

At first I was like ???.
Then I saw the Nick Jr. stamp in the corner.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9571 on: May 18, 2010, 01:37:14 am »

I'm happy I know the worst game ever.

They play that music in hell, you know.
I found my new ringtone. :P

EDIT:
I noticed Janet's avatar is perfect for the quote for the time being.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 01:51:06 am by Itnetlolor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: May 18, 2010, 01:39:49 am »

I'm happy I'm probably one of around only 3-4 people on this board to know about a really obscure and cool game.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9574 on: May 18, 2010, 01:46:58 am »

Well, I found myself a nice little homebrew app for my PSP to be able to broadcast it to my monitor.

Setbacks however:
-No sound (can't even hack through the speakers; and I don't know if my mic is hooked up properly to help.)
-I can't play/broadcast all my games (nothing too advanced or recent, at least. I can at least play N+ and maybe R-Type Command)
-Seems rather laggy on Procaster
-It's only active while a game is playing.

On the plus side, I can maybe livestream a few games I have on my PSP, though I wish there was a better way.

EDIT:
RemoteJoy is the name of the app for anybody curious.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 01:49:52 am by Itnetlolor »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: May 18, 2010, 02:04:32 am »

I'm happy I'm probably one of around only 3-4 people on this board to know about a really obscure and cool game.

I found this on abandonia awhile ago.
Never got around to playing it though.
I'll probably do that as soon as I finish this project.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: May 18, 2010, 06:47:43 am »

Today is my Get back to a normal schedule day, so I'm going to be lazing around for the next 11 hours in a video game-filled, sleepy, foggy haze
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: May 18, 2010, 07:23:57 am »

I should be upset with myself for wasting a couple hours doing this, but actually I'm happy, just because I knew I'd never stop thinking about it otherwise.  I compiled a list of all the Lego Space themes up to 1999, sans Classic and Futuron, and assigned basic descriptors to each model, as if they were units in a RTS.  Imagine a nine-way sci-fi strategy game featuring classic Legos, exactly like you and your friends (ha!) used to do.  I'm not exactly sure what to do with this list yet, but I have a couple candidates for DYI game engines I could slap something together with.  So at least I got that bit of nostalgia out of my system, and I'll stop thumbing through the Lego archives for nothing now.

I should be going to sleep, so I can wake up at a reasonable hour, and search for financial aid advice, or schedule a haircut, or call my community service center, or think up places to go on vacation this weekend.  What I'll probably do instead is eat a fruit-pie, and write another bit of design notes for a Flash game I came up with at work.  It'd be a combination of Notrium, Hero Core, and Sonic the Hedgehog.  Maybe I should make a "Aqizzar's Game Design Brain-Farts" thread.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: May 18, 2010, 02:06:51 pm »

Laying on the floor is always relaxing.

Anyway, besides having an identity crisis at a frail young age (what odds) I'm getting inducted into the National Honor Society Thursday, my Dad and stuff are going to be there I heard.  Too bad I don't give two ships about it, sigh.  Whatever, time to type stuff I haven't done that in awhile.

I've been handling stress a lot better recently, really the only solution is toughness.  Either you wussy out or man up and take the flying buffaloes (I can't believe it spelled like that wut) aimed at you.  I still have a lack of an outside social life, but at least I can be perfectly acceptable in public.  A lot of everybody likes me and know me to the point were they'll come to me as a familiar face.  It helps that I got a Facebook account about two weeks ago, I don't use it much, but that just makes me more in "the groove" or any other purposely lame quote on quotes.

On the topic of identity crisis I won't be sharing this because it's way too embarrassing to put out, more so than anything else I have done, heh.

On the other topic of not caring for the NHS, I really just don't.  I'm not sure if my parents worry or anybody else, but I just don't care about anything.  This might be horrifying coming from a 16 year-old or is it common for all teenagers?  I'm thinking the latter, but I feel my reasons aren't because of a fashion fad/trend, but because I am observant enough to recognize everything around me...I get this feeling inside me that I'm being naive and I probably am, but I find that entertainment is just a means to ignore everything else.  I know this is a touchy subject and there is many wild guesses/ideas/whateverthehell.  Just thinking about all the possibility overloads my brain, just like trying to imagine just one galaxy down to every last detail, it's not something fathomable.  To the point, I don't care for anything, but my problem is that I work really hard for success anyway.  If I was afflicted by egoholism I would say this makes a Oscar-worthy film, but I try to be modest as possible, not something a romantic(anti-rational) person like my alias ToonyMan would want to know about.

I'll just chalk it up as a hot-blooded/spirited soul I have in me that won't let go of the last thing he has to care...

EDIT:
Upon farther thought/reviewing (in less than a minute) this post is borderline happy/sad so let's go with bittersweet?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: May 18, 2010, 02:57:35 pm »

My schedule is almost back, and I'm so tired I can barely type.

Completed Psychonauts with 100%, definately worth getting. It's sort of a mix between Jonny the Homicidal Maniac and Banjo/Kazooie, with near-end xbox graphics (for the xbox)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: May 18, 2010, 03:06:02 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: May 18, 2010, 03:51:44 pm »

On the other topic of not caring for the NHS, I really just don't.  I'm not sure if my parents worry or anybody else, but I just don't care about anything.  This might be horrifying coming from a 16 year-old or is it common for all teenagers?

Nobody gives a shit about NHS, dude.  It's just a smart people club that hands out scholarships.  Scholarships are cool but it's not the kind of organization that gives anyone a sense of belonging.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: May 18, 2010, 03:57:33 pm »

On the other topic of not caring for the NHS, I really just don't.  I'm not sure if my parents worry or anybody else, but I just don't care about anything.  This might be horrifying coming from a 16 year-old or is it common for all teenagers?
[/quote]

Yeah, Foot's right.  It might help you when applying to the absolute best colleges, and could be worth some financial assistance.  But in the end it doesn't matter that much, because there's a hundred different ways of being an Honor Student in American high school, so as long as your grades are reasonable and your SATs (or whatever they use now) aren't bombed, colleges don't care.  And once you're in college, nobody cares what you were part of in high school.  Nobody.  It wouldn't even help with the university level honor societies, because you get in those based on grades too.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: May 18, 2010, 04:01:56 pm »

We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: May 18, 2010, 04:05:20 pm »

Yeah that's why I'm going to do, I'll beat college.
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 13326