Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6330 6331 [6332] 6333 6334 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808565 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [Ham- Bur- ger~?] The Okuu x Hamburger Steak thread (Happy Thread)
« Reply #94965 on: December 06, 2012, 07:13:07 pm »

So I'm at a shopping center and see a rack of jeans at some normally over priced shop labeled 2 for 19.95. Pretty good deal, I guess. Worth checking out. Upon closer inspection they are actually really fucking nice pants. I check the label and they were all originally marked over 100 each, some getting closer to the 200 mark! So I grab a few and go to try them on, and they are all a really nice fit! Each and every pair there was size 24 slim cut.
When paying for them I asked why they were so desperate to move these jeans, and it turns out that they had to mark them down because nobody else can fit in them.

Getting really expensive clothing for almost nothing because your thinner than anybody else? Sure made my week.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #94966 on: December 06, 2012, 07:15:34 pm »

http://satwcomic.com/a-trip-into-american-culture

It seems scandanavians don't think much of the US.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Touche.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94967 on: December 06, 2012, 08:16:07 pm »

The Youtube feed thing now has an option to view all your subscription's uploads in chronological order! THE ONLY THING IT EVER NEEDED TO DO :D
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #94968 on: December 06, 2012, 08:43:35 pm »

I hate how the XBox youtube apps shows videos in reverse chronological order.

I'd like to slap the people who wrote it, but I would have to walk all the way across the street.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94969 on: December 06, 2012, 11:33:37 pm »

I mean most recent first by chronological in case I'm not clear.

Planetside 2, so much fun I can't even handle it, maybe one of these days, eventually, I'll have time to play when I don't have to be up at 6 the next morning.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94970 on: December 06, 2012, 11:54:08 pm »

I... am seriously considering not majoring in an IT speciality like I thought I would be for all my life. I think I want to study Psych instead. When fixing computers, the only part of the job I enjoy is peoples' smiling faces at the end, and nothing - literally nothing - has ever made me more happy than seeing someone I care about happy and watching them grow as a person. I feel everyone's feelings as my own almost psychically, and bond with/understand people very easily.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think I even want to be a big shot IT guy. That just sounds stressful and not at all enjoyable and the very thought of having a job where I can help people through their life problems excites me.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94971 on: December 07, 2012, 12:10:37 am »

I feel the same way, I like solving people's problems.  Not some big company's problems, but the little guy.  Like the person who accidentally deleted the extension on a family photo and thinks it's lost forever, or the gal that can't get an important work website to come up on her computer right. 

I like fixing those problems, I like taking a skill I have and being a frikken hero to somebody.  If I didn't have to pay for food and shelter I would do it for next to nothing too.   I don't like solving some stupid technical problem that isn't even important, or writing a script to automatically perform maintenance tasks on 100 different office computers at once for some big souless company.

---------------------
Also freeform you know that since you put your hat on others will now too right?  Yer gunna make me get my traditional avatar early.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #94972 on: December 07, 2012, 12:41:34 am »

Quote from: prince_leo
Quote from: alucard884
Stop trolling or explain why humanity is so good.

Okay.

Wars are getting less frequent and less severe. The War On Terror- as costly as it is- is nowhere near the scale or death toll of the Vietnam War, World War 2, the Napoleonic Wars, etc.
The Internet has allowed the public to more easily see when businesses or politicians behave unethically, discouraging such behavior.
Crime and drug addiction are falling, standard of living is improving, people are living longer, and the mentally ill are treated far, far better than they used to be.
Terrorism, though perceived as global, is generally a regional issue at worst, and though some forms of crime have increased, violent crime rates have decreased dramatically.
Although some germs have become resistant to antibiotics, new and better antibiotics to which disease have not developed resistances are invented every year.
Divorce, abortion and illegitimacy are far more frequent than ever, but far greater (and increasing) tolerance makes such things almost irrelevant and devoid of real stigma.
Unemployment and poverty are in decline. The world economy continues to grow.
Space technology appears to be stagnating. However, commercial space travel is starting to boom.
Environmental protection laws are starting to have an effect as numerous species are being reported as recovering nicely. Deforestation is starting to go way down throughout most of the world and forests are said to either be recovering or becoming thicker Also while resources are depleting, certain resources aren't as scarce as you may think. And many people and companies are working hard towards clean energy and sustainability and making great progress. We die old, fat, and rich, rather than young, hungry, and wounded. We have pandemics of obesity, heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, and diabetes because we have enough food, good sanitation, good treatments, and extensive safety measures. They save the majority of us from infectious diseases, injury, and hunger. Just in the disease category, consider the following killers: bubonic plague, anthrax, gonorrheal meningitis and blindness, syphilis, polio, typhoid, tuberculosis, cholera, measles, rubella, smallpox, influenza, diphtheria, mumps, Hepatitis B and liver cancer, shingles, rabies, hookworms, and Ascaroides. In industrialized and industrializing nations, these sicknesses are mostly gone.
Even the HIV pandemic is a good example of how much we've progressed. In about three decades, the first world has determined the etiological agent of the disease, discovered its structure, broken down its genome, figured out a very complete picture of what it does to our cells, completely mapped its genes, discovered how it spreads and how it could be prevented from doing so, found ways to hold it in check and keep patients from succumbing, and implemented public health programs which have brought the pandemic to heel in the first world. Compared to how any other time period in history would have fared, it's nothing short of miraculous.
There are about 1,000 cases of polio yearly in the world. At its peak in the US, there were over 55,000 per year. All of Europe, north and east Asia, the Americas, and Australia are completely clear. That's almost 5,000 American kids dead per year in the 50's to zero today.
We are increasingly specialized, interconnected and tolerant. We are indeed earning our collective happy endings. Together.
Do you think glorified spam can stop internet censorship, cluster bombs or capital punishment for sodomy? Well it did. Life has never been better.
Not to mention how far we are moving in terms of renewable resources and sustainability, and corporations are trying hard to become green and sustainable for the future.</quote>

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94973 on: December 07, 2012, 12:57:55 am »

Math progress! Got through a lecture and a half of Multivariable Calc, including associated problem sets. Although, I couldn't actually solve the major problem set, because I'm on a schedule where I can't spend more than an hour on one >____<

Also the first required a proof I didn't know (which is obvious in retrospect, I admit), the second required information not provided in the problem, and the third okay I don't have an excuse for this one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94974 on: December 07, 2012, 01:48:45 am »

-shnip-
Fuck Yeah Humanity.

There's always going to be problems. They're always going to seem the same size to whoever has to deal with them. But with each passing year, they get that much smaller.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94975 on: December 07, 2012, 01:56:52 am »

Quote from: alucard884
Stop trolling or explain why humanity is so good.
*snipsorz*
nb4 some killjoy shows up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #94976 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:19 am »

I would killjoy, but not in the happy thread.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94977 on: December 07, 2012, 02:34:13 am »

A friend emailed me NetHack.
I might be busy for a while.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94978 on: December 07, 2012, 02:39:39 am »

Welp. That was the shortest-lived illness ever. Around 2 PM, I started feeling wobbly. At 8, I was physically exhausted and running a fever. At 10, my fever broke and I felt fine. WTF, body?

But hey, at least it's gone.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #94979 on: December 07, 2012, 02:44:54 am »

Divorce, abortion and illegitimacy are far more frequent than ever, but far greater (and increasing) tolerance makes such things almost irrelevant and devoid of real stigma.
Actually, divorce rates peaked in the 80's from what I've heard. Or at least they did in the US; dunno about other places.
Pages: 1 ... 6330 6331 [6332] 6333 6334 ... 13326