Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6309 6310 [6311] 6312 6313 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799553 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: [Duh nuh... NYYYAAHHHHH] Oh my god someone help nitori (Happy Thread)
« Reply #94650 on: December 02, 2012, 01:58:18 pm »

If anybody ever tells me that using Dexterity with two-handed weapons in D&D doesn't make sense, I now have a response.

That... That scythe... I...

First I need to clean myself after seeing that scythe.

Then, I must mod it into DF.

I'm happy that, after reading this, I didn't even need to click the link to know it was the RWBY trailer. Monty is beyond words.

She must be related to Dante.
I am in love with that scyfle. Part Scythe, Part Rifle. Things goddamn beautiful.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94651 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »

Well.
That was certainly an awesome thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #94652 on: December 02, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »

If anybody ever tells me that using Dexterity with two-handed weapons in D&D doesn't make sense, I now have a response.
I still think that looks like someone played way too much Guilty Gear.
I can never watch that without my subconscious nagging me about those magazines being too small for the number of shots fired between reloads. :|
Looks cool but a lot about it is still bugging me :/
B for fighting choreography (watch Dead Fantasy and you'll see practically the same everything) and a C for everything else.  That blatantly cell-shaded look is right out of those awful DBZ and Naruto fighting games, nothing's gained by copying that art style.  The monster's animations feel slightly sluggish, especially when they go from standing to running.  The design on the scythe is cool but still needs more work.  As it stands, the scythe has detail overload, my eyes keep jumping erratically from one eye-popping red feature to the next when my glance should be flowing from the most eye-catching feature to the least.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94653 on: December 02, 2012, 02:50:42 pm »

Euld said most the things I couldn't quite articulate.

Though I suppose my biggest complaint is how over the top and impractical it is.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94654 on: December 02, 2012, 02:53:23 pm »

Well yeah, if you have a gun, you don't need to have a scythe. But having both anyway is a good backup.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94655 on: December 02, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »

The point is that it's horribly impractical 10-year-old fight fantasy. That has sorta became the Rooster Teeth theme over time. Just one or a few people doing crazy untouchable choreography with crazy stuff going on. If it bugs you then it probably isn't for you. Which is fine, but you gotta recognize what they are going for, why, and how well they execute it.

I also don't like this sort of one person is untouchable fighting waves of mooks for no reason while looking cool, but I recognize what they are going for and how it reacts to my own tastes. I'm glad somebody is doing work towards it in a somewhat professional way instead of stickman animators.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #94656 on: December 02, 2012, 03:06:08 pm »

Magistrate: "You should come, all the best families will be there."

Me: "Don't worry, we can take 'em."
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94657 on: December 02, 2012, 03:17:14 pm »

I can never watch that without my subconscious nagging me about those magazines being too small for the number of shots fired between reloads. :|
B for fighting choreography (watch Dead Fantasy and you'll see practically the same everything) and a C for everything else.  That blatantly cell-shaded look is right out of those awful DBZ and Naruto fighting games, nothing's gained by copying that art style.  The monster's animations feel slightly sluggish, especially when they go from standing to running.  The design on the scythe is cool but still needs more work.  As it stands, the scythe has detail overload, my eyes keep jumping erratically from one eye-popping red feature to the next when my glance should be flowing from the most eye-catching feature to the least.
All true. The werewolf torso hitting another werewolf was a particularly blatant animation reuse from Dead Fantasy V, I think (I'm only mentioning it because it was obvious enough for me to think it wasn't really a good thing to include). That said, I still find it entertaining, so :P

Except the art style thing. I think it needs polishing, but it works well with some of the things he's doing (the blood-to-petals thing, in particular). Just because it was used in games largely devoid of merit in my opinion doesn't mean the style itself is bad.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94658 on: December 02, 2012, 03:19:09 pm »

Are we going to hear about a crazed lawyer slaughtering families in a park, laughing and smiling all the while?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #94659 on: December 02, 2012, 03:21:05 pm »

Are we going to hear about a crazed lawyer slaughtering families in a park, laughing and smiling all the while?

.... "Hear about it?" No. No you won't.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94660 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:41 pm »

Better games that also had cel-shading: Wind Waker!
People were >:( at that game for the artstyle back then too. Wasn't a bad game though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94661 on: December 02, 2012, 03:23:56 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:12:57 pm by Ogdibus »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #94662 on: December 02, 2012, 03:29:00 pm »

Better games that also had cel-shading: Wind Waker!
People were >:( at that game for the artstyle back then too. Wasn't a bad game though.
I still like that game.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #94663 on: December 02, 2012, 03:47:01 pm »

Wind Waker is an example of GOOD cell-shading (and a great Zelda game :3).  DBZ and Naruto games are examples of BAD cell-shading.  There's a concept in art called "line weight," which means there's a time and reason to have thick dark lines and times to use light, thinner ones, and all the lines in between.  If you use only one kind of line all the time, especially as an outline, it looks low-quality.

I should post an interesting collage pointing this stuff out, but I need to finish my homework first D:

edit: and I DO like over the top action.  Action-wise it was pretty good.  It's just harder to enjoy it when I know there's actual problems with everything else on the screen and I know those are fixable things.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:58:05 pm by Euld »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94664 on: December 02, 2012, 04:05:10 pm »

All true. The werewolf torso hitting another werewolf was a particularly blatant animation reuse from Dead Fantasy V, I think (I'm only mentioning it because it was obvious enough for me to think it wasn't really a good thing to include). That said, I still find it entertaining, so :P

Except the art style thing. I think it needs polishing, but it works well with some of the things he's doing (the blood-to-petals thing, in particular). Just because it was used in games largely devoid of merit in my opinion doesn't mean the style itself is bad.

Also bear in mind that this is only one out of four trailers, for one out of four characters. Things may not be so over-the-top for White, Blue, and Yellow. Given Monty's style, they probably will be, though. And again, it's just a trailer. Of course it's going to have over-the-top action. Just compare the RvB trailers to the actual episodes.
Pages: 1 ... 6309 6310 [6311] 6312 6313 ... 13325