Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6289 6290 [6291] 6292 6293 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15789807 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Duh nuh... NYYYAAHHHHH] Oh my god someone help nitori (Happy Thread)
« Reply #94350 on: November 27, 2012, 02:39:33 am »

Hey, dudes.  Just checking in to say that I'm doing okay.  Sorry for all that flailing around I was doing.  It was kind of necessary, but I guess it was also pretty unseemly.  I'll say only that I don't have all that many crushes or relationships, so when two of these that had looked really good enter failure modes in close proximity, I don't know how to deal with it well.  I'm also still under insane academic stress.

On the other hand, I had lots of bread pudding and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, and my favorite dinner from the dining hall was served tonight... and I keep making more friends, so it seems like things might be all right.

In case anyone was wondering, I recommend Wreck-It Ralph, The Screwtape Letters, and Analogue: A Hate Story.  All of these are really solid productions, if anyone is looking for something to watch, read, or play!  Honey and Clover is also definitely worth the time if you're feeling young and lost; the initial volume or so is weak, but the title really improves afterwards.  Haha, I feel like all I do nowadays is steamroll through with a lot of crazy emotions and a list of fun things I looked at recently, but I hope you know that it's only because I love you :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94351 on: November 27, 2012, 02:41:19 am »

Apparently Wreck-It Ralph is a really good movie (I trust you, Bay12). Must see soon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94352 on: November 27, 2012, 02:44:09 am »

Apparently Wreck-It Ralph is a really good movie (I trust you, Bay12). Must see soon.
Even my non-gamer mom enjoyed it, so...

I mean, don't expect anything Oscar-winning, but it's a fun romp and genuinely dark in some ways.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #94353 on: November 27, 2012, 02:45:47 am »

Welcome back again, Vec, heh.

... besides that, honey and clover apparently make good tea? I think? Haven't actually tried, but despite not indulging often, honey really does do good things for tea, so...

... I need to have some tea soon. Not at two in the morning, as I haven't yet slept this twenty-four hour period. But maybe after the nap.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94354 on: November 27, 2012, 03:01:13 am »

A road has flooded, causing school to be closed.

I feel sorry for anyone if their house is flooded, but I still have the 'FUCK YEAH! DAY OFF SCHOOL!' mentality.

Whenever I have an unexpected day away from the institution, my mentality is as such:
OH F*CK SH*T PENIS GENETALIA [CENSORED] [CENSORED] up the [CENSORED] [CENSORED] lawn gnome [CENSORED] gonna have so much homework tomorrow.
Sig! Onol

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #94355 on: November 27, 2012, 03:57:43 am »

Does that jello have three stacked cans of tuna inside it?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94356 on: November 27, 2012, 03:58:32 am »

...Maybe. Honestly, I was just expressing how jelly I was.
Sig! Onol

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94357 on: November 27, 2012, 05:56:46 am »

So I tried out this free MMO, Spiral Knights. It's completely subpar in every way without going into details, but I got to play a bit with my old friend that I thought I'd simply drift away from. It was a very nice way to pass the time if I say so myself.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94358 on: November 27, 2012, 06:02:35 am »

Wouldn't that just be a panpipe?
Not if I hook them up to a motorized blower and keys.

Then it's an organ.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94359 on: November 27, 2012, 08:26:28 am »

So I tried out this free MMO, Spiral Knights. It's completely subpar in every way without going into details, but I got to play a bit with my old friend that I thought I'd simply drift away from. It was a very nice way to pass the time if I say so myself.

Yeah. It's a good game. And you get a free TF2 hat for playing it.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94360 on: November 27, 2012, 09:49:53 am »

I've been playing a lot of Timesplitters Three, on the first Xbox.
Yes, it's an old game, and yes, the AI is terrible, but it's still great fun. :) It's a bit easy at times with the poor AI so I've been mixing it up, playing all different modes and giving my team lesser numbers.
Eventually I discovered a level that is actually hard all on its own- Mars Prison capture the bag, playing as the red team. The Blues get an indoors, highly defensible base, with a couple of shortcuts leading out into the main areas, whilst the Reds get a little ditch out the front of the prison. :P I never realised how satisfying the sci-fi pistol was to use...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #94361 on: November 27, 2012, 11:28:54 am »

Laying down to go to sleep, when suddenly doorbell.

It's my monitor!!!!!

*melts*

It's stupid how much I missed this thing.  It completely changes everything about using my computer.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94362 on: November 27, 2012, 12:19:29 pm »

The Screwtape Letters
Yes. It's pretty great. I'm not entirely sure how to express why I like it so much, considering that I am not religious or a fan of the author's religious views in general. It's just... really well done.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #94363 on: November 27, 2012, 12:48:22 pm »

The Screwtape Letters
It took this to mean that someone made a film adaptation, which would be crazy.

It turns out that someone is indeed trying to turn that book into a movie...
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94364 on: November 27, 2012, 01:01:54 pm »

Hey, dudes.  Just checking in to say that I'm doing okay.  Sorry for all that flailing around I was doing.  It was kind of necessary, but I guess it was also pretty unseemly.  I'll say only that I don't have all that many crushes or relationships, so when two of these that had looked really good enter failure modes in close proximity, I don't know how to deal with it well.  I'm also still under insane academic stress.

On the other hand, I had lots of bread pudding and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, and my favorite dinner from the dining hall was served tonight... and I keep making more friends, so it seems like things might be all right.

In case anyone was wondering, I recommend Wreck-It Ralph, The Screwtape Letters, and Analogue: A Hate Story.  All of these are really solid productions, if anyone is looking for something to watch, read, or play!  Honey and Clover is also definitely worth the time if you're feeling young and lost; the initial volume or so is weak, but the title really improves afterwards.  Haha, I feel like all I do nowadays is steamroll through with a lot of crazy emotions and a list of fun things I looked at recently, but I hope you know that it's only because I love you :I
Eh, you're 100% legit entitled to feel bad and express it when bad stuff happens to you, and that's something that goes for the rest of you guys too.

Also on the note of Analogue I seem to remember saying I thought you might like it.
Pages: 1 ... 6289 6290 [6291] 6292 6293 ... 13325