Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6246 6247 [6248] 6249 6250 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746176 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #93705 on: November 14, 2012, 11:54:46 pm »

* kaijyuu cheers
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #93706 on: November 14, 2012, 11:56:47 pm »

... so, uh. May I ask what was the conclusion about the matrices? I'm not much for mathematics, per se, but education practices intrigue me, and I actually have no idea how that's involved with it.

Or, ah. Was... was that some kind of arcane mathematician innuendo? I know not the secret handshakes of the math departments.

Also, have fun ;D
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93707 on: November 15, 2012, 12:01:20 am »

... so, uh. May I ask what was the conclusion about the matrices? I'm not much for mathematics, per se, but education practices intrigue me, and I actually have no idea how that's involved with it.

Or, ah. Was... was that some kind of arcane mathematician innuendo? I know not the secret handshakes of the math departments.

Also, have fun ;D
Yeah, I didn't understand anything beyond "I have a date," so I'd figure that I'd leave it at that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #93708 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:39 am »

Also, have fun ;D
Yeah, I didn't understand anything beyond "I have a date," so I'd figure that I'd leave it at that.
That's the important part. The only problem I have is that I'm single still. And I go to a school that's roughly 3/4 male.

On a happier note, I have no classes on Friday. Thanksgiving break starts Friday, so I get to head home.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93709 on: November 15, 2012, 12:10:11 am »

As a rule I do not squee, but I will admit I had to fight hard to suppress a squee right there.

The notion of a maths/dinnerdate is Kawaii as hell.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93710 on: November 15, 2012, 12:14:03 am »

As a rule I do not squee, but I will admit I had to fight hard to suppress a squee right there.

The notion of a maths/dinnerdate is Kawaii as hell.
"How can I arrange the asparagus into a Dirac Comb when you keep eating it!?"
"Why are you messing with stuff on my plate?"
"Details."

Thank you, Wikipedia.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93711 on: November 15, 2012, 12:16:37 am »

Yep. Basically I want to go "B'aawwwwww!" and flail my arms right now.

Not gonna do it. :I

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93712 on: November 15, 2012, 12:17:31 am »

DO IT :D
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93713 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:48 am »

* Descan kidnaps Cypress for hisself.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93714 on: November 15, 2012, 12:36:57 am »

I have a date on Friday morning and about two pleasant hours over dinner spent intensely discussing how mathematical education could be improved, including perhaps 15 minutes just covering the determinant of matrices.  Let me just say that I'm in a rather kissy mood and leave it at that.

Oh, lordy.

You have met a keeper. Good job.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #93715 on: November 15, 2012, 12:49:13 am »

So I rediscovered Rhapsody of Fire and am now trying to figure out the best order to listen to their songs to get the whole saga in order.

The best part is that the music is SO FREAKING EPIC.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93716 on: November 15, 2012, 01:49:51 am »

DO IT :D
Too late, I did it first.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #93717 on: November 15, 2012, 01:51:02 am »

So I rediscovered Rhapsody of Fire and am now trying to figure out the best order to listen to their songs to get the whole saga in order.

The best part is that the music is SO FREAKING EPIC.
Spoiler: FREAKIN' METAL (click to show/hide)

Well. Start with the first album, listen to them in order. That way you can hear all about Algolord and the Emerald Sword and learn where Dargor comes from for the second saga.

Discography link.

You might look into Luca Turilli's Rhapsody of Fire, too. I hear they put out an album recently, but I haven't heard it yet. The rest of the band is still planning on putting out another album, but I forget when and about what. Luca Turilli's other side bands have been kinda hit and miss. The Infinite Wonders of Creation is a terrible album, but Prophet of the Last Eclipse is totally rad.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93718 on: November 15, 2012, 02:46:23 am »

Speaking of awesome music, I just downloaded the entire soundtrack for Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Probably the best music in the series, with tons of heavy guitar and drums.

Here's one of my favorites.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #93719 on: November 15, 2012, 02:53:58 am »

Oh yeah, I liked Days of Ruin :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 6246 6247 [6248] 6249 6250 ... 13325