Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6225 6226 [6227] 6228 6229 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760115 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #93390 on: November 09, 2012, 06:04:14 pm »

I totally understand the terror of the human predator better, this day. Just chased a young chicken around to the point it more or less fell over and gave up, just by casually walking after it for a few minutes.

E: Should I spoiler that big chunk of text? Maybe? Spoilered the meat of it, due to somewhat obnoxiously large size.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:14:18 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93391 on: November 09, 2012, 06:17:58 pm »

Just finished a 3.5 page setting email for Final Fantasy 6, complete with music for each location.

Most of the potential players have already played the game, why am I doing this
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93392 on: November 09, 2012, 07:44:28 pm »

It's a beautiful, clear, starry night out. Had a walk and a bit of a chat with a nice girl. Talked with a stray calico cat for a few minutes. Found a little peace by embracing some amorphous, monstrously depressing thoughts.

It has been a good day now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93393 on: November 09, 2012, 08:09:20 pm »

Cats don't generally make good conversation. Mine's talkative, but all he ever says is "meow."
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #93394 on: November 09, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »

Y'don't need conversation to have a good talk though...

Walls make pretty decent sounding boards, really. Cats are even better, because they're fuzzy and they purr.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93395 on: November 09, 2012, 08:29:32 pm »

Hey guys, Xbox Live has Internet Explorer now.

Guess where i'm posting this from.
[/nolife]
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93396 on: November 09, 2012, 08:31:25 pm »

[/nolife]
How does it compare to the browser on other consoles/handhelds?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93397 on: November 09, 2012, 08:36:02 pm »

It sucks.
Like, bad.
Its all blurry and ugly.
It won't run flash games, understandably.
All and all.
A PSP has better internet browsing.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #93398 on: November 09, 2012, 08:40:14 pm »

You're saying the PSP, which will constantly thrown 'not enough memory' errors at you and thus not load any lengthy page if you have anything else in its two other tabs open, works better?

(note, this is a PSP-1000. Newer, less cfw-friendly psps might be better at that browser thing.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93399 on: November 09, 2012, 08:43:15 pm »

Thought I'd accidentally deleted my game design dice roller. I didn't. Thank Setzer for backups.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93400 on: November 09, 2012, 08:50:14 pm »

After wrangling with sound drivers for a week I finally possibly eradicated the scratchy sound issues I was having which somehow slow down sounds being played. It was weird and horrible.

Unfortunately, I'm realizing more and more that my computer is quickly becoming obsolete for my habits. 2 gigs of RAM cannot handle modern browsers and their media playing requirements. And while DDR3 is cheap DDR2 has yet to really drop down in the same way. Addressing the downfalls of my computer would require getting a whole new Motherboard, so this whole prospect is tough to swallow.

I was in the same situation up until a few days ago, before I finally bit the bullet and upgraded. Now I have a beastly machine that'll keep me going for a while.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93401 on: November 09, 2012, 09:17:04 pm »

Agh, I apparently did lose the up to date version that included the obscure bugfix that was throwing off percentages by a hundredth of a percent and had the output as a big ol' array of values that allowed for easier analysis. Back into the coding mines.

EDIT: Hopy shit, it worked the first time?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:35:38 pm by Bauglir »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93402 on: November 09, 2012, 10:17:03 pm »

[/nolife]

You're saying the PSP, which will constantly thrown 'not enough memory' errors at you and thus not load any lengthy page if you have anything else in its two other tabs open, works better?

(note, this is a PSP-1000. Newer, less cfw-friendly psps might be better at that browser thing.)
Just sayin', you guys know a dude who can totally sell you real computers.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93403 on: November 09, 2012, 10:18:44 pm »

[/nolife]

Just sayin', you guys know a dude who can totally sell you real computers.
I'm going to refrain from commenting on HP out of respect for you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93404 on: November 09, 2012, 10:25:04 pm »

Eh, can't really argue with the #1 spot for marketshare worldwide for PCs, Servers and Printers. Say what you want, I'm backed by (possibly arguably) the biggest tech company in the world. So nyah.

Also, I'm drinking a Harder Cherry Bomb. Aww yeah.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 6225 6226 [6227] 6228 6229 ... 13325