Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6144 6145 [6146] 6147 6148 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15801053 times)

Swiftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Pyon] Eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #92175 on: October 23, 2012, 01:06:07 am »

Yep, science is still awesome :)

Woah.

It's kinda sad to think that we are all caught up in dumb, ridiculous problems and there's all that out there. Really puts it into perspective, like lemon said.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92176 on: October 23, 2012, 01:08:46 am »

In semirelated happy, my band got through the second round of the Emergenza competition at the HiFi Bar last night, and will be playing the Billboard in mid-December. We get throught that, we go to Sydney for the national finals less than a week after that. We get through that, we're flown to frickin' Deutschland to play the Emergenza Festival.

Nice! :D Good luck, I'll have to see if I can get down to Melbourne with a friend of mine (who can drive) who mumbled something about a 'road trip', but that's really just a pipe dream as far as I can tell.
Still, that all sounds pretty dang exciting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92177 on: October 23, 2012, 01:09:40 am »

Yep, science is still awesome :)

Woah.

It's kinda sad to think that we are all caught up in dumb, ridiculous problems and there's all that out there. Really puts it into perspective, like lemon said.
This. So very much this.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92178 on: October 23, 2012, 02:21:12 am »

That video is pretty awesome, in the original sense of the word. I kinda feel bad about the way I'm going to spend tonight, which is by playing Skyrim instead of sleeping. Seems like a bit of a waste, but, I feel like I kinda need to do something properly stupid every once in a while.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #92179 on: October 23, 2012, 04:37:37 am »

Humbling isn't it?

We're a lucky speck in a cosmic sea.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #92180 on: October 23, 2012, 09:13:34 am »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92181 on: October 23, 2012, 09:30:56 am »

That video is pretty awesome, in the original sense of the word. I kinda feel bad about the way I'm going to spend tonight, which is by playing Skyrim instead of sleeping. Seems like a bit of a waste, but, I feel like I kinda need to do something properly stupid every once in a while.
My, how time flies. I feel like I haven't even accomplished anything particularly significant, other than the second half of the Companions quest line.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92182 on: October 23, 2012, 09:33:12 am »

Humbling isn't it?

Next time someone tells me not to push my luck, I have the perfect reply.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #92183 on: October 23, 2012, 09:38:15 am »

Humbling isn't it?

Yet it's concievable that we could breach the edge of that sea within the next few millenia. All we need is another revolution in a relevant area, and we've been having one revolution after another every few centuries.

We had the agricultural revolution, and then a philosophical revolution, and then an industrial revolution, and then an information revolution. What's next?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92184 on: October 23, 2012, 09:39:39 am »

God, I hope it isn't a revolution revolution, where we overturn our paradigm of paradigm shifts and settle in for the long haul with a fixed level of technology forevermore.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92185 on: October 23, 2012, 09:40:57 am »

Sort of strange, isn't it, that something so humbling can make one incredibly happy in a happy-tears sort of way?

God, I hope it isn't a revolution revolution, where we overturn our paradigm of paradigm shifts and settle in for the long haul with a fixed level of technology forevermore.
But hey, if it helps us into SPEHSS, is it so bad?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #92186 on: October 23, 2012, 09:52:10 am »

Quote from: Twitter
Once a jolly Swag Man camped by a YOLObong~
I love Twitter.

I said this exact sentence to a friend of mine about sixteen hours ago, with no outside impetus. Whoa.

Curses! I am less creative than I thought
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92187 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:12 am »

Humbling isn't it?

Yet it's concievable that we could breach the edge of that sea within the next few millenia. All we need is another revolution in a relevant area, and we've been having one revolution after another every few centuries.

We had the agricultural revolution, and then a philosophical revolution, and then an industrial revolution, and then an information revolution. What's next?
I'm hoping we have several revolutions in rapid success or concurrently. Energy, technology, industrial again, agricultural again, information continuing, and most importantly, education. We have it in us to do so, we just need to set them in motion.

We, as a species, need to grow up to get out there in the neighborhood and play with the other kids, or at least the toys if there are no other kids.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92188 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:55 am »

Down with change! Up with the status quo! Hand in hand, we will build a more predictable tomorrow!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92189 on: October 23, 2012, 10:02:55 am »

We, as a species, need to grow up to get out there in the neighborhood and play with the other kids, or at least the toys if there are no other kids.

Or play with the toys that the other kids left behind when they went away. Hopefully they won't come back and get mad.
Pages: 1 ... 6144 6145 [6146] 6147 6148 ... 13325