Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6013 6014 [6015] 6016 6017 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781114 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⑨] Things Cirno attempted to eat today thread. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #90210 on: October 01, 2012, 05:03:55 pm »

FUCK YEAH Who just won something? A legitimate contest? For 2 whole pounds of amazing pasta? ME. That's who!

Wooooooo

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90211 on: October 01, 2012, 05:08:01 pm »

Derm, that was amazing.

* Flying Dice applauds.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #90212 on: October 01, 2012, 05:28:07 pm »

Derm, that was amazing.

* Flying Dice applauds.

*Looks up... joins applause*

This demands proof. Never could stand After Forever, and so didn't listen much to it. Show me the awesome.

Challenge accepted!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 05:36:50 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90213 on: October 01, 2012, 05:45:23 pm »

Speaking of which, though I love my glasses, I'm considering getting contacts for non Glasses-Friendly activities. Yays or Nays? Thoughts? Suggestions from those with contact experience?
Contacts can be nice, it can be a little difficult to get used to putting them in and taking them out at first, the first time it took me two hours to get my first set in and then later on I had so much trouble removing them I thought I'd need the help of a cleric for my cursed lenses of extra stickiness. But once you get used to it you can take them in and out in five seconds flat.

Oh, also a little tip, be careful with your solution. If you're like me and you don't use your contacts for long periods, and then only use solution sparingly, then one of those big bottles can last you for six months or more, which can lead to it becoming imbalanced by the solution becoming too salty. Make sure you keep it somewhere out of the sun and that the cap is firmly closed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90214 on: October 01, 2012, 05:50:34 pm »

Contacts are just weird to me. Can't say I've had any interest in putting things in my eyes though, so that all I have to say about it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90215 on: October 01, 2012, 05:52:29 pm »

Contacts are just weird to me. Can't say I've had any interest in putting things in my eyes though, so that all I have to say about it.
Well I love the peripheral vision, and glasses drive me nuts. But I can understand how they might not be for everyone.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90216 on: October 01, 2012, 05:53:12 pm »

This is basically why I chose glasses. Plus they make me look smarter :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90217 on: October 01, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »

Well I love the peripheral vision, and glasses drive me nuts. But I can understand how they might not be for everyone.
Rimless glasses. They are a very nifty thing as far as peripheral vision goes.
Though mine fold normally instead of being one piece like that picture.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #90218 on: October 01, 2012, 06:02:04 pm »

Those, uh. Wouldn't help with the peripheral vision? I don't think. You'd need wrap-arounds of some sort or goggles or somethin' to get the same effect with glasses, or have those things basically settle in flush against the skin (which the presence or lack thereof of rims has little to do with). Problem is that there's still this circle around the glasses that your peripheral vision covers that the glass just... isn't there. Contacts, the corrective lens is. S'a big difference, really.

Big enough it gives me a headache after awhile because I'm getting in so much more information, but whatever, ahaha!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90219 on: October 01, 2012, 06:08:31 pm »

I don't think I could handle putting things on and off of my eyes on a daily basis. Not to mention the horror stories from a friend who had a contact migrate back into his eye socket.

That aside, I've gotten used to glasses, seeing as how I've been wearing them for more than two-thirds of my life.

3. Run Resize Enable

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #90220 on: October 01, 2012, 06:13:53 pm »

I'm not sure what that is. I do have the sudden horrifying concept of a cigar flavored lollipop.

I wouldn't be surprised if they exist, but if they do, whoever makes them is a monster.
Lolipop flavoured lolipop pipe
At first I read that as "Lollipop flavored lolipope", which reminded me of that "list of things my players aren't allowed to do in Eberron" someone posted awhile back, and their weird obsession with Jaela. But that's a whole other bag of issues in and of itself.

Wait, peripheral vision isn't supposed to be blurry? I thought it was just for picking out movement from the corner of your eyes; I didn't think detail was a priority for that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90221 on: October 01, 2012, 06:16:04 pm »

I'm not sure what that is. I do have the sudden horrifying concept of a cigar flavored lollipop.

I wouldn't be surprised if they exist, but if they do, whoever makes them is a monster.
Lolipop flavoured lolipop pipe
At first I read that as "Lollipop flavored lolipope", which reminded me of that "list of things my players aren't allowed to do in Eberron" someone posted awhile back, and their weird obsession with Jaela. But that's a whole other bag of issues in and of itself.

Bad, no licking the lolipope! No, you can't do it when she's of age either!  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90222 on: October 01, 2012, 06:16:33 pm »

Yeah, I prefer glasses. When I actually wear them, anyway; I'm content with everything further than 5 feet away being a blur.

My one experience with contacts was a bad one. Took forever to get them in, forever to get them out, and I never wore them again.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90223 on: October 01, 2012, 06:19:45 pm »

I can't really be content with anything more than about 1.5 inches away from my eyes being a blur, seeing as how I'm a bibliophile and avid gamer. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90224 on: October 01, 2012, 06:20:46 pm »

Yeah, I prefer glasses. When I actually wear them, anyway; I'm content with everything further than 5 feet away being a blur.

My one experience with contacts was a bad one. Took forever to get them in, forever to get them out, and I never wore them again.
Do me a favor and never drive without them :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6013 6014 [6015] 6016 6017 ... 13325